Current confirmed sides are:

• St Albans/Breakwater
    Thomson
    South Barwon
    Manifold Heights
    Newcomb
    Marshall
    Possible South Barwon A side

There are a few other clubs waiting to get back to me. We need to get 8, so if you know of any others which may be interestd then let me know.

Re: JATA Shield T20 Competition

angleseafan;373006 said:
this only for GCA clubs? or BPCA can enter?

anyone can enter does not even have to be represented by a club, could be a group of mates. A coloured shirt and a side !!

cheer_cheer;372872 said:
Current confirmed sides are:

• St Albans/Breakwater
    Thomson
    South Barwon
    Manifold Heights
    Newcomb
    Marshall
    Possible South Barwon A side

There are a few other clubs waiting to get back to me. We need to get 8, so if you know of any others which may be interestd then let me know.

still got one position open for the competition. Want to try and finalise ASAP so that we can put the draw together so the two clubs will have heaps of time to organise the qualification to the semi finals before Dec 13th.

cheer_cheer;373985 said:
r u serious ??

I mean serious, as are you guys in 100%, not "r u serious" !! :D Would be good to have some Bellarine Competition having a crack !!

Looks like we might have the final 8, unless we get another taker and the South Barwon 2nd side could withdraw.

ok, so we have the teams playing, which are:

• St Albans/Breakwater
    Thomson
    Newcomb
    Manifold Heights
    Marshall
    Angelsea
    South Barwon
    South Barwon A

So the semi-final/final weekend will be Sunday 13th December to be held at the South Barwon/Marshall grounds. Each of the prior games will be organised at a time which is suitable for the two clubs. Due to logistics South Barwon A will play against Marshall in one of the four games. The other six teams will go in a random draw with the first drawn side the host club for the game, except in the case of Angelsea who will play on the oppositions turf ground. Entry will be $100 which covers the match balls, umpire and insurance. Each side needs to register a list of players with their $100 affiliation for the competition. I will arrange the draw and player registration to take place early next week so the clubs can start to organise the games. I will organise getting some umpires once we know the dates. PM me to let me know who the best contact is from your club so that we can arrange the quick draw to take place and to go through the registration process.

cheer_cheer;374689 said:
ok, so we have the teams playing, which are:

• St Albans/Breakwater
    Thomson
    Newcomb
    Manifold Heights
    Marshall
    Angelsea
    South Barwon
    South Barwon A

So the semi-final/final weekend will be Sunday 13th December to be held at the South Barwon/Marshall grounds. Each of the prior games will be organised at a time which is suitable for the two clubs. Due to logistics South Barwon A will play against Marshall in one of the four games. The other six teams will go in a random draw with the first drawn side the host club for the game, except in the case of Angelsea who will play on the oppositions turf ground. Entry will be $100 which covers the match balls, umpire and insurance. Each side needs to register a list of players with their $100 affiliation for the competition. I will arrange the draw and player registration to take place early next week so the clubs can start to organise the games. I will organise getting some umpires once we know the dates. PM me to let me know who the best contact is from your club so that we can arrange the quick draw to take place and to go through the registration process.

What happens if you have to go outside your registered players due to unavailability or whatever? Could it just be any player who has played a club game is available to play?
I guess you couldn't do that with South A, but you could just make it whoever played in the main South Barwn side can't play in the A side....?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;374845 said:
What happens if you have to go outside your registered players due to unavailability or whatever? Could it just be any player who has played a club game is available to play?
I guess you couldn't do that with South A, but you could just make it whoever played in the main South Barwn side can't play in the A side....?

This comp is not under GCA ruling, so in your side you could have who ever you like as long as they have been registered with JATA on the registration form. As for South Barwon A and South Barwon the sides will need to be a seperate registration, so there will be some players named in the South Barwon and South Barwon A side, but we would not have someone who has played the qualification game in both teams.

Draw will be done this coming Monday 16th November (6pm) at South Barwon. I will chase up all the teams seperately. Registration money ($100) is also expected. Once the draw is done, the two competing sides can then work out when the game can be played prior to the 13th December. Also can decide on umpires and some of the specific T20 rules which JATA have for their games. Only game locked in at the moment is South Barwon A versus Marshall. Player registration forms will also be handed out on the night which is needed for player insurance.

cheer_cheer;375255 said:
Draw will be done this coming Monday 16th November (6pm) at South Barwon. I will chase up all the teams seperately. Registration money ($100) is also expected. Once the draw is done, the two competing sides can then work out when the game can be played prior to the 13th December. Also can decide on umpires and some of the specific T20 rules which JATA have for their games. Only game locked in at the moment is South Barwon A versus Marshall. Player registration forms will also be handed out on the night which is needed for player insurance.

hey mate, all teams should b in the draw together to b a fair competition . why would u lock that one game? i cant see our club playing if the draw isnt the same fairness for everyone. our club is a two minute drive from marshall and your club.:confused:

know all;375297 said:
hey mate, all teams should b in the draw together to b a fair competition . why would u lock that one game? i cant see our club playing if the draw isnt the same fairness for everyone. our club is a two minute drive from marshall and your club.:confused:

Fair point Know All. The issue I had for the competition was that I was not able to get the 8 teams very easily. The whole aim of the competition was to get one Geelong team to go into the final 16 of the "in our terms" lucrative JATA Rolling Shield Competition. South Barwon had to enter in a second side (which will be our 2nd's and below team) to bring the numbers up to 8 and so we did not loose another training night (we will loose a few due to GCA comp, Statewide Comp and JATA), and because of our relationship with Marshall I had put that game down as an organised fixture. This still leaves the remaining 6 sides (which I believe the winner will come from) to be drawn against each other, but also they will randomly be then drawn against the winner of game A which we assume should be Marshall. The whole aim of the competition is to a) get one Geelong team into the final 16, but more importantly b) a bit more social interaction with the teams that are playing. It is not supposed to be for sheep stations so I see no reason why their cannot be a social side incorporated into this event that has just been organised by myself via (mainly) Big Cricket forum members.

Back