Jeremy Snape Interview

Re: Jeremy Snape Interview

Nice interview, David. Was most interested in the question about Nixon -it's nice to see another cricketer back up his chatter rather than run it down.

I'm a big fan of a bit of chat from the keeper, tends to keep the field on their toes as well as sometimes makign the batsman think twice about howthey are playing.

as a batsman i could hardly care about the keeper talking thrash. when im concentrating i can hardly listen to whats going on behind me.

Mike111 said:
as a batsman i could hardly care about the keeper talking thrash. when im concentrating i can hardly listen to whats going on behind me.

In some ways I find it helps my batting. I tend to be a big talker when batting, so enjoy the conversation with a decent chirper. It probably puts them off as much as they try to put me off.

thanks for the link.....very nice to read the interview
i think a good keeper should do some talking but if he cant play as well he can talk then he look foolish like matt prior.....nixon was better player than prior but unlucky that he was old.

Almost_Austwick said:
In some ways I find it helps my batting. I tend to be a big talker when batting, so enjoy the conversation with a decent chirper. It probably puts them off as much as they try to put me off.

Helps if you have good come backs to the keepers chirps.

Almost_Austwick said:
Not so much comebacks as inane chatter. I've found that the more I talk rubbish, the less that they do ;).

I just tend to ignore them or tell them to shut it.Nothing like the odd confrontation on the field to get you pumped up.

Dikon said:
I just tend to ignore them or tell them to shut it.Nothing like the odd confrontation on the field to get you pumped up.

Ah, a Robbie Savage-esque personality. ;)

On the pitch confrontations aren't really my scene, though I do occasionally come up with some retort following comments about me being 'not so co-cky now'. This basically relates to me 'knocking little kids about' (not physically!!!!) in Junior games. At the end of the day, I can only play what is being served up? Then again, some of them don't exactly leave the impression as the most academic of people........

;)

Back