jump/ midbound

phil2oo8

jump/ midbound

hi,,, i had my action analysed the other day and my coach said i don't jump in my stride...its more of a low skip/hop into the crease.
Just wondering, how important is a jump,,, should it be high,,, will it increase my pace...but will it be wurth it? are there any steps i can tke 2 include one i my action

thanks phil

Re: jump/ midbound

Some say that a high jump reduces speed as it disrupts momentum, but it's debatable. Personally, I have a reasonably high jump in my delivery stride compared to other guys as I find it helps my rhythm and concentration. For me, with the jump is faster than without but different people will be different.

It also should help with the height of the bowling arm, and not falling away in delivery. I guess it's down to you, but you could try it and see.

You don't want a high jump but one that carries you forward, I know what you mean by the skipping thing as I have a friend who does the same thing. It probably costs him a bit of pace but it won't change it.

phil2oo8 said:
hi,,, i had my action analysed the other day and my coach said i don't jump in my stride...its more of a low skip/hop into the crease.
Just wondering, how important is a jump,,, should it be high,,, will it increase my pace...but will it be wurth it? are there any steps i can tke 2 include one i my action

thanks phil

How do you feel about your own jump? E.g. Do you feel like you can't generate leverage or that your going through the crease with great momentum, etc.

Posting a video would be helpful for the expert guys to help you, I'm sure.

It's down to how you feel about it really; if it feels too high then it is, if it feels too flat then it is.

i think you should do whatever is comfortable for you...for example wasim akram- no jump at all but alot of pace...then you have irfan pathan who jumps but doesnt have that much pace...personally i jump but that is because i have been doing that since i started playing

Wasim was all shoulder action though, if phil2oo8 hasn't got that then he needs to refine his action to make the most of what he has got.

i do use alot of me shoulder and i do that full rotation of my shoulder that ian pont likes, i also drive my chest forward in delivery stride which i feel makes me fel quicker,, i probaly need more help on using my non-bowling arm so il mke a query about it. I do have alot of upper body strength so i can powerfully use my shoulders aswell.

Posting a video would be helpful for the expert guys to help you, I'm sure.

It's down to how you feel about it really; if it feels too high then it is, if it feels too flat then it is.

i think you should do whatever is comfortable for you...for example wasim akram- no jump at all but alot of pace...then you have irfan pathan who jumps but doesnt have that much pace...personally i jump but that is because i have been doing that since i started playing

Wasim was all shoulder action though, if phil2oo8 hasn't got that then he needs to refine his action to make the most of what he has got.

i do use alot of me shoulder and i do that full rotation of my shoulder that ian pont likes, i also drive my chest forward in delivery stride which i feel makes me fel quicker,, i probaly need more help on using my non-bowling arm so il mke a query about it. I do have alot of upper body strength so i can powerfully use my shoulders aswell.

Back