Kenya v Bermuda, Intercontinental Cup Nov 5-8

C

cleazer

Kenya v Bermuda, Intercontinental Cup Nov 5-8

Kenya has already been eliminated, and this is their final match.
Bermuda still has an outside shot if they can win this match.

Code:
Group B 
Team         P  WO WI D LI LO  T  Points  
Canada       2  2  -  -  -  -  -   40  
Netherlands  1  -  1  -  -  -  -    6  
Kenya        2  -  -  -  1  1  -    0  
Bermuda      1  -  -  -  -  1  -    0

Re: Kenya v Bermuda, Intercontinental Cup Nov 5-8

Lunch break on Day 1, and so far it's all Kenya.

Bermuda won the toss and chose to bat, but wickets have fallen fairly regularly.
Bermuda is 50-5 after 18 overs.
Odoyo has taken 3 ickets so far. Hemp made his big debut for Bermuda and was out after scoring only 3 runs.

Bermuda all out for 131 after 59 overs.

Odoyo took 5 wickets and allowed only 21 runs in his 11 overs.
Varaiya was even more economical, allowing 15 runs in 14 overs, and taking 2 wickets.

So barring a huge collapse from Kenya, they ought to be able to get the 6 first innings points pretty easily.

End of Day 1, Kenya 119/3 after 36 overs. Tikolo is the top scorer on 45 so far.

They only trail by 12 runs, so they'll easily get the 6 points for leading after the first innings. If they bat well enough tomorrow, they might have a chance to bowl Bermuda out and not have to bat a second time. After this start, I'm sure anything less than a full victory for Kenya would be a disappointment for them.

I'm disappointed in Bermuda :( , they are playing this game like it's an ODI not a 4 day game. Haven't they forgotten that patience at the crease is paramount? They need to get it together in the remaining days. The Bermuda public is watching them very carefully in light of the huge financial compensation they have received lately.

Would a setback in the Intercontinental Cup hurt them that much? It was always going to take a lot for them to get out of this group, especially after the loss to Canada. I think they have a much better chance at impressing in a few of the ODI's over the next month or so.

i'm not going to read to much into this 4 day game....... yes it would be nice to win n improve in the 4 day game......... but lets remember the world cup is in 1 day format so i think at this stage gettin close to the world cup lets see wat they do in the odi's they have cominn up againest holland, canada, kenya

I agree with you both Cleazer and Bermycricket. True the world cup is played in ODI's, but the 4 day game is also important in that it test their fitness level as well. We know how they can perform in the ODI, but they have to step up their game in the 4 day game as well, they forget it's a whole different strategy and aproach to the 4 day versus the ODi game.

Latest info from islandstats.:
Bermuda 133/10 Kenya 168/6

After a rain delay Bermuda have taken three wickets to fight their way back into the match.

Kenya Innings

..07 M Ouma c Dean Minors b Saleem Mukeddem
..36 D Obuya c & b Saleem Mukuddem
..00 A Suji b Saleem Mukuddem
..66 S Tikolo c & b Saleem Mukuddem
..34 T Mishra Not Out
..11 C Obuya c Dean Minors b Dwayne Leverock
..00 T Odoyo LBW Saleem Mukuddem
..00 J Kamande Not Out
..10 Extras
168 Total for 6 Wickets

Bermuda

Ryan Steede..............11-1-35-0
Stefan Kelly.................4-0-20-0
David Hemp.................9-0-29-0
Salem Mukuddem........12-1-41-5
Dwayne Leverock.......10-2-39-1

Looks like Mooky(Mukeddem) is the top bowler so far. Well done Mooky.

Mukuddem and Ryan Steede worked in tandem to reduce the Kenyans to 205 all out - a lead of just 72 runs.

Tea is currently being taken in the Kenyan capital, with Bermuda set to begin their second innings.

Bermuda has started their 2nd innings. They are now 12/0. They have to make up a deficit of 72 runs. I'm hoping their second innings would be played much better, staying at the crease longer and exercising patience.

Varaiya got Outerbridge and night-watchman Leverock in the same over.
Bermuda is 19/2 at the end of Day 2, after 16.3 overs.

Nineteen runs in sixteen and a half overs. Now that's a slow batting rate. Kwame Tucker, an opener, has scored 3 runs in 16.3 overs.

At least Bermuda had a bright spot from Mukuddem and Steede. Good stuff from the two of them.

Bermuda has a lot of work to do if they want to avoid a loss in this match.

Looks like todays match has been cancelled due to heavy rains which is forcast to last all day.
The rain saved them, as they finished the days play with 19/2 not a good start in 2nd innings.
They will not advance to the final even if they beat Kenya, so they will be playing the remainder of the match for pride more or less and prepare themselves for the ODI matches ahead.

One day left to get a result, eh? Well, I suppose Kenya could win if they bowl Bermuda out quickly, for something like 59 overs again.

Hopefully the rain won't affect the ODI's too much.

Looks like the start of Day 4 has been delayed due to overnight rain.
Apparently there is a chance that play will start soon, but with each minute lost, the chance for a result slips further and further away.

The final day at the Nairobi Gymkhana was abandoned after an inspection by the umpires at 1pm. Although the rain stopped, the ground was saturated and it was apparent that there was little chance of play.

The match has now been declared a draw. ----Islandstats.com

Well there you have it, a draw. I guess now they will concentrate on their ODI's and their remaining Intercontinental Cup game with Holland.

Back