Kirsten: Does sex = wickets?

mas cambios

Kirsten: Does sex = wickets?

Not sure if many other have seen this but there is currently some chat about a leaked Indian team dossier.

The main talking point has been the section where Gary Kirsten says an active sex life can translate into good results on the field of play. His argument goes that sex "increases testosterone levels, which causes an increase in strength, energy, aggression and competitiveness".

"Conversely, not having sex for a few months causes a significant drop in testosterone level in both males and females with the corresponding passiveness and decrease in aggression," he adds.

Of course, this goes against the traditional thinking that sex before a big game has a negative affect on performance. It drains energy and can lead to a loss of focus according to anecdotal evidence.

I think the most telling part comes from Tim Noakes, a sports scientist at the University of Cape Town who said that "sex was not a problem, but being up till 2.00am... having a few drinks at a bar while trying to pick someone up, on the eve of a game, almost always was". I think that makes sense!

Overall it's an interesting read as it also goes deep into things such as India's military history and the fact that they were never an aggressor, something which has been carried forward into their cricket.

It does make you wonder about how traditions and history has impacted the various test nations.

Re: Kirsten: Does sex = wickets?

I have been away from home for four months so I reckon I've forgotten how to do it

Michael Hussey reacts to Gary Kirsten's dossier recommending more sex to boost on-field performance.

Then again Graham Swann has his take on it:

I would just like to say that this is the sort of forward thinking the game needs. I am assuming the directive is not for sex to take place within the team and that partners are allowed to be involved. If the ICC want to make this tournament more exciting, then fly in the wives and girlfriends, or other parties, to improve the standard of cricket… I wish Gary was our coach.

I'm tipping Warnie was catered for. Didnt detract from his performances. Probably giving the ferret a run minutes before the team bus arrived.
Sleep deprivation is very hard to overcome.

if the theory is proven and accepted then could we have permanent professionals like, physios and team doctors, on tours?

mas cambios;366396 said:
Overall it's an interesting read as it also goes deep into things such as India's military history and the fact that they were never an aggressor, something which has been carried forward into their cricket.
You're lucky we don't have (m)any Pakistani members. ;)

Caesar;366596 said:
You're lucky we don't have (m)any Pakistani members. ;)

I am but I was paraphrasing from the dossier. Then again, that part has largely been overlooked so it hasn't ruffled too many feathers.

Another "leaked document" boy cricket is having plenty of these. I think the topic should have been kept in the team atmosphere but the performance part is one which certain football nations have adopted. I must admit I think that having your partner on tour is better than being homesick and alone.
Also Kirsten has stated that he had no impact on his and that Paddy Upton did the dossier.

been banging onto the gf about this. reckon if i blow my load the night before i'll score more on the pitch. well football season now but worth a go

Back