knee pain

deer

knee pain

i had broken my left knee 2 years ago while batting. it was in a cast for 2 months and then i had to do some excercises to strengthen it but its never regained full strength. a few weeks earlier while fielding i slipped while fielding and fell on the knee and it started paining badly. the pain has subsided now but my knee still feels weak. what can i do to strengthen it? please help

Re: knee pain

When you say you broke your left knee, what bone did you actually break?

Can you remember exactly how many weeks ago you fell?

What part of your knee was in pain?

hi liz it was the patella that broke. i had dislocated my knee and while travelling to the hospital it came back in place but a little piece of bone from the patella had broken off.
i fell about 16 days ago it was on nearly the same place that was i had broken it. it doesnt hurt when its not moving but when i walk for more than 15-20 mins or climb up the stairs or jump i can feel that its weak and it hurts a bit.

Does the pain feel directly on the patella, just below the patella or right inside the knee joint?

i cant reallly tell as i dont know where the patella is exactly. but it pains in the lower part of the knee cap. also when i keep my hand on the knee while i straighten or bend it, i can feel something happening inside. that doesnt happen with the other knee.

Can you pinpoint it from here?

knee.jpg

yeah i can. ive marked the area with a red circle. its starting to pain a little while running.

If it is definitely there and not any lower, you should go to get this checked out. The area you have pointed to indicates either meniscus tears or [worse] anterior cruciate ligament damage, which could escalate if not treated.

Back