Knocking A Bat In...

ChrisP

Hi guys, long time since I've been on here! Still a busy cricketer though! Need advice, I bought a new bat at the beginning of 2013, but did not use it because it is quite DEAD, had it in the nets, but already got a huge dent about 1-2cm above the toe in the middle. I played through the season with my old bat, but it is starting to crack up badly. So I've decided to give the new one a go again. I bought a bat mallet (The one with the ball at the end) and still have enough oil. Any advice on knocking in my bat, please give detail. And my bat has like a "skin" on the face, not sure what it is, so I have not oiled yet. Any advice will be appreciated!!

You can find loads of at least half-decent tutorials on youtube... I have a problem in which I don't actually have the strength to hit the bat hard enough with the mallet (I am only 12) and most adults aren't willing to give up several hours to hit a bat hard when they aren't even going to use it.

You can find loads of at least half-decent tutorials on youtube... I have a problem in which I don't actually have the strength to hit the bat hard enough with the mallet (I am only 12) and most adults aren't willing to give up several hours to hit a bat hard when they aren't even going to use it.
Well i don't think you need to hit it THAT hard, even if you're 12 i think you should have the dtrength to hit it hard !

Back