kookaburra

Re: kookaburra

my friend has the kahuna, i think. and he really likes it. if you middle the ball it really goes and it has good pick up. and i think it was reasonably cheap AU$200

PS. im one of the 100 club, yay!

I heard from the local cricket store, where I go to train that Kookaburra have awesome middles but you need to knock it in well in the other areas to get some runs off them. And they also said you should bat 100 runs/balls in the nets after it gets knocked in.

yeah the only down side i can see in kooks is that they are made of softer than usual wood, so a lot of knocking in is necesary

It's not so much that they are made softer, more that they aren't pressed so much.

You have the choice either to use them as is, enjoy the extra spring you get from the wood but decrease in life span or put the extra few hours prep time in to compress the fibres.

hey everyone

i was looking on kookaburra.com yesterday and i saw a bat called a kookaburra blade???
has anyone heard of it

its the new bat for the 2008 range.. im not sure how it is but owais shah
uses it... but i have The Angry Beast & its really good.. it has massive edges and the ball flies of the bat even when your playing defense.. so you should get either the Beast or the Kahuna

i saw a gray niccols that was litterally this thick:life size:
--------------------------------------------------------
it was $800!!!!!!!!!

lol i dunno about $800 for a fusion... i thought they were around 600.. but they arent heavy... far from it... my bats 2 lb 10 and i rekon the fusion picks up easier then mine...

Yeah 600 tops i thought, and they are quite light, by that i mean great pickup, still heavy considering some other bats on the market

Back