Left Arm Wrist Spin Problems

stokesy501

Hi I'm a left arm wrist spinner, (well sort of) I started playing in the last year, so far just in the nets but I'm really enjoying it and decided to try wrist spin, I can bowl top spinner and wrong'un (not always land them where i want) but really struggle to land the one that comes back into the right handed batsman (is it the chinaman) I seem to shoot it down the offside way wide. Any tips out there would be really appreciated especially on improving accuracy.
Just an update I had nets practise last night and I was getting sideways on but then really falling away to right side and spraying the ball down both side's, is it best to stand up straight? Any advice most welcome

Cheers

Hi I'm a left arm wrist spinner, (well sort of) I started playing in the last year, so far just in the nets but I'm really enjoying it and decided to try wrist spin, I can bowl top spinner and wrong'un (not always land them where i want) but really struggle to land the one that comes back into the right handed batsman (is it the chinaman) I seem to shoot it down the offside way wide. Any tips out there would be really appreciated especially on improving accuracy.
Just an update I had nets practise last night and I was getting sideways on but then really falling away to right side and spraying the ball down both side's, is it best to stand up straight? Any advice most welcome

Cheers

Target practise is the best way to improve accuracy I reckon. Relatively big ones to start with. Not just esier to hit but to encourage you to try and spin it hard as well.

To help stop falling away like that you can do stand start drills and running in to bowl and trying to balance on your braced leg without bowling.

Back