Leg pads

Re: Leg pads

I think swg has it about right, pretty much all pads offer the level of protection you'll need, so the key thing is to get the right fitting/size, lightweight and comfortable.

Looks and style are also pretty much down to you. I like older school pads but am also partial to the Puma Ballistic styling.

PU8BPBAL6FT.jpg

i have a pair of Ballistic pads and a new set of Aero P1's from OBO. i have to say i do like the aero's but the styling is very different and take a while to get used to and play in!

i only bought the Aero's as i got them for £35 and will play in them this year!

Vid of aeros in use!

http://wareohcc.hitscricket.com/gallery/galleryid_2155/Winter_Nets_2008_(Hailybury).aspx?photoID=18972

its the first Vid and the guy in the second net!

I'll be getting some P1's eventually, I want to get my Woodworm Hard Drive first though. I'll be getting the P1's and these pads:

cricketbattingpads01.jpg

I'm abit of a Woodworm fan :p

i was watching the woodworm bats being made last year, their made at COUNTY Bats...... too light for me and unfortunately too common. They do go well though!

I use a pair of County pads, vision or something. Pads are pads at the end of the day... so long as you feel comfortable in them and they're good enough to stop a fast ball from givin you a nasty bruise then they're fine..

I think you have it spot on Joe - comfort is the key as well as the protection element.

Saying that though, most pads tend to be very much of a muchness so often looks etc are the only thing that set them apart from others.

yeah, I suppose looks do matter quite a lot to some people which is understandable.. I just dont want a second kneecap for wearing my nice shiny good looking pads with no protection.

Mine only set me back about £20 and they're awesome. Been hit a few times and no problems whatsoever.

That's a good deal that, they don't sell Aero stuff anymore. The only place I can find them is on Pro4sport who have a useless, complicated service to check if the order's been sent, and they don't provide order confirmation e-mails, or reply to e-mails. Almost as bad as CricketDirect. Are they the P1 actual leg-pads you've got or the P1 strippers ? I want the P1 Strippers, Owzat Cricket have them for £45, will order from them once my damn xbox 360 has sold.

i have the P2 strippers and paid 25 from barrington sports.... must have caught them on clearance.... :laugh:

Back