Leg Side Batting

k31453

i am 17 years old .... but i m short and i dont have enough power and especially when i cant hit the legside ball or either any leg shots i m too scare of ball to going to hit me ...so what do i do..i want to improve my leg shots

hi,I am a left handed batsman.Yes,The same problem was with meas well.It is just the amount of time you practice.
You dont have power.Take a sock and put the ball into it.Tie it some where.Take a heavy bat and practice as much as you can.That will pain in the wrist or arms.And after you do have a good diet.That will increase your power.And while batting try hitting the ball as hard as you can.Watch Sachin Tendulkar,Sehwag in the youtube videos(www.youtube.com)Look at their flick and on drive.Practice them at the hanging ball.Tell some one to bowl at your leg side with a tennis ball.Believe it or not,as much as you will practice it,your hands will work automatically.And you are short,that dosent make any problem,look at Sachin even he is short.As your are short you can play good upper cuts as coming beneath the bouncer.Ok thanks and bye..

Shivam_ipl mentioned a lot of good points there. Try to do that.
But technique wise, I can probably think the reason why you dont play leg side could be due to your stance. If your stance is closed off to leg side, then you could have hard time playing leg side shots. If that is the case, I could recommend you to open up your stance i.e make your front foot planted a bit towards the leg side. good luck and may be upload a video of your batting next time so people can analyze the exact problem.

Back