leg spin bowling/spin bowling in general

charlie_123

leg spin bowling/spin bowling in general

im a leg spin bowler, but i havnt got any practice until january now, well im gonna get down the nets for a hour 2 times a month with my mate, but the main question i want to know the answer to is:

spinners need alot of drive when delivering the ball/to vary pace, what exersises can i do to make me faster ? ive started doing press ups today, i done 30 in the morning, 30 in the afternoon and 30 before i went to bed, well just done the extra 5 to get it up to 100 ;) lol

should i just do 50 - 60 press ups maximum per day ?

could i hurt my body by doing 100 a day ?

im 16 by the way

Re: leg spin bowling/spin bowling in general

At 16 i'd say intoduce the wieghts/gym, nothing too extensive, as your muscles are still growing, maybe a 1hr session twice a week.

Swimming is an amazing help, specially swimming without the aid of your arms, and if you have access to a wave pool, its both fun to try to move forward using just your arms, plus the muscles become stronger.

If you like i can put together a kind of weekly plan for you, obviously i'd ask you a few questions via PM so i can get a general idea, if you want, just PM me if you're interested :)

By the way im a left arm leggie (Chinamen bowler) so i know what im on about.....i hope :laugh:

Anyone in here talking about Leg spin or the left arm version of it (Wrist spin primarily) come and join in at the other thread "leg spin".

maybe you should start donig some arm streches to get your arms going??????????????

Back