losing balance

Nesh

losing balance

first off i cant do a video at the moment as i don't have the stuff required to do it

i bought the fast bowling book by ian pont and its been very helpful in understanding how to bowl however when i try and put these things into practice such as the chest drive, right knee etc i frequently lost my balance either my head falls over when i turn my shoulders or i don't turn my shoulders at all through the crease when i'm bowling flat out.

i'm wandering wether my physique has anything to do with this as i am not the strongest weighing about 9 1/2 stone at 5 ft 10/11

i was also wandering if anyone could recommned any drills etc to maybe improve the chest drive or shoulder turn etc ?

Re: losing balance

Nesh,

one thing i have found with learning how to bowl, and bowl faster at that... is that there is no "correct" way to bowl.... often these books and guides will promise greater pace etc. but is extremely hard to follow and succeed with.... use the book as a guide only.. as for things like pushing your chest through the crease.. you may be trying to do it a way that does not suit you.....

look at all the great bowlers... non of them have the same action

Back