Lost Ball - Then Found!

Stumped

Lost Ball - Then Found!

This made me laugh, i was playing a league game last weekend, i came in a number 5, the skipper was out there with me on 50no, he said he wanted 230 so he could declare and make it 50 overs each. so he wanted 7 from the next over.

The Oppo obvioulsly hear out blatent chat in the middle, brought on their opening fast bowler for me, First ball he pitched right up in the slot. I felt Obliged to Hit it as it was in my favourite "hitting" area. It pinged back past my skippers head, dead flat, whistling over the fielder on the boundary and over the fence which backs onto our ground. play stopped as they could not find the ball, so after we had our 7 runs the next ball later we declared on 231 for 3. At tea i went to look for the old ball as we wanted to start with it. popped round to the neighbours house who we know quite well...... :)

found the ball lodged in the opposite side of the garden wedged in the fence! had the netting not been on the fence i would have made the second garden along without touching the ground........

lostthenfound.jpg

Re: Lost Ball - Then Found!

Nice one! Reminds of playing against some Aussie bloke - he hit our Aussie pace bowler (extremely quick) for a flat 6, which never got much more than about 6 foot off the ground.

It went through the first fence (similar to the fence above) with a lot of pace and managed to go through the fence on the other side, landing on the lawn of the second house. It was a decent size ground as well.

yea pretty much spot on. But my Bat hardly makes a sound when you middle it so the fielders could not understand where it had gone!

Lol. I remember the time i hit a lofted shot and it bounced its way into a passing vehicle. Hopefully no one got injured lol. We found the ball a few 100 metres ahead.

The worst i've done is put the pavilion window through (our pavilion is changing rooms stuck onto the side of a club/pub, a good 20 foot up on a hill) but through a few fences, is a good try! All we have around our ground is bloody trees with bogs and muddy bankings, i'm the last person to wanna go down there in whites!!

were lucky in the fact our ground is a village ground with the odd resident around it!

Added 7 minute(s) and 24 second(s) later...

you can just about see the fence in this pic.

IMG_7768.jpg

nice one! your lucky to have good neighbours, we have some miserys round here - all they do is moan about the ball going near there roses

Lol, well our groundsman lives on the ground so we know them very well and the ground has been there for 120 Years! longer than the houses!

I remember a incident happened couple of seasons back when while batting in the nets i had hit a ball in air which went out of the ground and hit the windshield of a Autorickshaw(Tuk Tuk as it is known....) and the glass was broken injuring the driver.
It was scaring but we managed to apply first aid and it was all OK after that.
The broken glass was not compensated as my coach was not ready to do so.

well i was watching my Brother play at a school Match, i was in the nets messing around with his mates (as they were batting) i middles one it went soaring out to the outfield and hit the Square Leg umpire in the jaw breaking it in Two places.......

my mum had to drive him to hospital!

Back