lost my outswing

Ads

lost my outswing

earlier on in the season i was bowling as the first change bowler for my team and i was getting outswing going

about the last 5 games or so i was promoted to open the bowling

i have picked up a bit of pace since the start of the season

but in the last 2 or 3 games i have lost the outswing

would this be because i have got quicker or could it just be that the conditions didnt suit swing on those days

Re: lost my outswing

To get any real help a video will need to be provided of your action, it could just be conditions on the day though, or different ball, or it could just be that you're subconsiously changing your action to get extra pace.

ads m8... any bowler under 130 shouldnt really have problems with being 2 fast for swing.... i have watched ya bowling in the nets and ur action has changed a bit, u bowl with a more side on action now.. opening yourself up..

to assist with swing as far as i kno, the way you bring your arm down will have an effect on the movement of the ball... e.g for outswing with the shiny side closest to the batsman your arm should come down from right to left (for right hand bowler) / in a movement like this and your arm should finish outside your planted leg..... for inswing reverse the shiny side and bring your arm down from left 2 right \ in a movement like this.. in this case your arm should end on the inside of your planted leg......

lol i hope this helps as it is my method of bowling swing... if it doesnt help... i have just wasted alot of time havnt i :)

Your arm needs to be a bit further away from your head than usual, you need to cock your wrist and make sure the seam is staying up right. If you are a side on bowler, you really need to get side on.

aussie boy thanks m8

it did help i had to read it a few times to understand it but

im gonna have to try it out in the nets and see if it works

Back