Match Day warm ups.

Simbazz

Match Day warm ups.

I wasn't sure where to place this thread, so i'll shoot here, im guessing one of the others will move it :p

Anyways, tell us about your match day warm up, do you have a particular throwndown buddy? Why?

Do you put one shoe on before the other?

Or do you take one glove off first?

Anything and everything goes here!

Once ive read a few including superstitions im sure, ill post mine up, i have some wierd ones :p

Re: Match Day warm ups.

I always put on my left shoe first because I am left-handed. It isn't a superstiton it justs comes naturally to me like that. Though I put my right hand glove on first because I find it hard to put on the right hand one if I have the big thumb on the left hand glove.

Just a bit of insight on how I dress myself ;D

Its great to know you've taken over the reins from your mother! :)

I put my left shoe on first, because ive got a dodgy right ankle, i feel putting my right on last and taking it off first somewhat helps, it doesnt, its just myth to me :D

I always tap my bat three times before the bowler steps off his mark, once while running in, and then let it rest on my back foot, and lift the bat as he releases. Not exactly a superstition, more natural occurence :p

Simbazz said:
Its great to know you've taken over the reins from your mother! :)

I always tap my bat three times before the bowler steps off his mark, once while running in, and then let it rest on my back foot, and lift the bat as he releases. Not exactly a superstition, more natural occurence :p

Not funny!

I am a bat tapper as well. I don't have a set number of taps though.

I put my boxers on first. I also wear the same socks, as I usually don't, I'm wierd in that sense.

jaztheman said:
I put my boxers on first. I also wear the same socks, as I usually don't, I'm wierd in that sense.

How do you put the protector in when you wear boxers? :confused:

Anyway, I tap my bat. But not a set number of times. I also put my left glove on first. For the same reason as LH. :)

i always listen to my ipod b4 a game to get me pumped up and psyched up.
i recommend it.
and when ur walking into the middle to go bat, is it strange to just walk casual and slow?
a lot of people seem to jog out while stretching, i just try and calm the nerves by trying to relax.
is that normal?

Sean said:
How do you put the protector in when you wear boxers? :confused:

Anyway, I tap my bat. But not a set number of times. I also put my left glove on first. For the same reason as LH. :)

I have two/three pairs of tight boxers and they have done fine so far.

I always put my pads on from the bottom & then work my way up. I think it holds better than starting from the top. And I do some footwork exercises & when I'm at the crease before every ball I make my pads straight & then hit them. Feels good I guess

i got a couple of rituals i have to do before i go out to bat

i don't put my helmet on my head at all until its time to go out and bat. not even for throwdowns.

and i have to have my shirt tucked in when i bat.

same here... GOTTA HAVE MY SHIRT TUCKED IN!!!

and when walking out to the crease there r a few things i always do... e.g play a few strokes (always the same ones and always the same amount of times) and a few other stretches i ALWAYS do...

when bowling... b4 the first ball of my first over.. i have to (with ball in hand) lean forward trying to touch my toes with straight legs... helps stretch aswell :)

No specific way I dress my self, but yeh, pads on first with the velcro facing outwards, so it they aren't on the same side. I just think they will get caught, they aren't big so they would never get caught but that's just how I put them on. Then box, thigh pad in under the whites then gloves resting in my helmet, and i put them on when I'm walking out, helmet then gloves on. And yeh, I rap my bat. Between overs most of our team usually knocks our fists together when batting. And yeh we have to tuck our shirts in when fielding and batting, kinda club/team policy, to look like serious cricketers ::)

I reckon I really should develop some weird thing that I do before the game, it sounds fun :laugh:

Oh yeh, I used to listen to music but I stopped doing it because it would just get stuck in my head and I'd be listening to it in my head instead of concentrating on the cricket, and I prefer to soak up the cricket atmosphere before I go out, it gets me in the mood.

I know someone who had to touch every piece of equipment he had on; both pads once, thigh pad, gloves, adjust the box, bat, three times on the helmet. LOL.

I put my right shoe on first, not quite sure why. I build my clothes up by layers. eg Skins first, then socks then pants then shirt then the hat.

When i get ready to bat, its box in first then the thigh pad. Then my pads, right first ;). I have the Velcro ends facing outwards, so they don't catch as i run, and i also tuck them in. Inners then gloves and finally the helmet (if i remember ::)). I always practise my drives as i walk out, mark out block with chalk. And i always tap my bat once just as the bowler is about to bowl, kind of like Ricky Ponting :p

jimmy33 said:
I build my clothes up by layers. eg Skins first, then socks then pants then shirt then the hat.

Skins before boxers?? I've been wondering about getting some skins for this season, do you rate them?

Sorry, it's kinda off topic. But anyways, I don't really have anything I do before I go out to bat, just put all the kit on. Gloves are last and usually while I'm walking to the middle.

Well obviously not first :laugh:. Silly silly me, but follow the link. And i do like them, i get less sore after games since getting them, and they keep me cool

Back