me bowling legspin

me bowling legspin

hi this video was taken by a phone of my action, comments please...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLLX6CeL-kw"]YouTube - legspin[/ame]

Re: me bowling legspin

Ok mate here are my thoughts and a few questions that may help you.

Comments

1. Not much momentum, although you got the leg over well you didnt have a push and it looked like you were muscling it down.
Maybe for this work on a more building up run/walk up
2. Arm very low meaning hard to get over the ball meaning less dip and less accuracy (could work for youu though)
3. When you bowl you look rushed. Again this is relevent to the momentum. It seems you have walk and then bowl. Without the momentum you are rushing it into your action and look flustered meaning loss of everything.

Please can you answer.

1) What do you think your strengths and weaknesses are?
2) Are you accurate?
3) Do you turn it a fair way?
4) Do you get dip/beat batsmen in the air
4) Would you say you are quicker or slower. Flat or loopy :p

anyway please keep the info up and if possible post more vids

hi thanks for the comments, the answers are. I get good turn, I am inconsistent/inaccurate at times, i do beat the batsmen in the air sometimes, i dont get dip, i am a slow loopy bowler and my coach always tells me to push it through but i dont know wat he means by that. My strength is my turn and my weakness is my inaccurate line, i bowl a good length but sometimes i stray my line down leg. Its nearly end of season and ill try to post another video from umpire view, thanks for commenting again.

Very much like an Afridi kinda legspinner! Your action looks decent, is there anything specific you want help with?

When your bowling, and you say that you don't understand your coach when he says "push it through," i'll give you a tip. When in your action, you want to push the pall into the air, not throw it or loop it, PUSH! Like shot put, you know the action they have, you want to make it similar with your bowling!

Imo, from what I can see and from what you have written, the issue is quite clear. You have a good action but you quite simply do not swing your arm over quick enough and rely on flicking sideways with the fingers. If you swing your bowling arm over quicker (if you drag the ball short, it means there is not enough power in your action), you should be more accurate, get more overspin (and hence dip) and you won't push balls down the leg side as you'll be more reliant on your body (which you can quite easily point in the right direction) and less on your fingers (where the issue is less simple). The latter issue is something that I, with my left arm medium, have been struggling with myself.

thanks all for the comments, i need to drive my front arm alot my coach says, should my front elbow be bent and snap out and down towards the target? Or shud it remain straight like it is and pull down hard? This is the reason why im not pusshing the ball through aswell. I have a question....From my own video i noticed at release i open my chest up, Should i remain side on at release, maybe this is the reason why im not getting my body effort behind the ball right?

The key thing for me is getting that arm a little higher. Some good points raised in the other posts - I'd print them out and go through with your coach and see what can and should be worked on.

You can't take everything on board, so try to prioritise the most important areas and go from there.

Simbazz;29416 said:
Very much like an Afridi kinda legspinner! Your action looks decent, is there anything specific you want help with?

When your bowling, and you say that you don't understand your coach when he says "push it through," i'll give you a tip. When in your action, you want to push the pall into the air, not throw it or loop it, PUSH! Like shot put, you know the action they have, you want to make it similar with your bowling!

This is interesting - I like your explanation of pushing the ball into the air, rather than looping it. This is definitely something to look at and experiment with.

Back