Measuring Speed

kizza

Measuring Speed

thanks jonesy- its true it depends what way you swing or seam the ball
-to people that live in australia-do you no of a place that will measure ur bowling speed??

Measuring Speed

not 2 sure m8....i dunno about up your neck of the woods.. but we got a "kingsgrove sports" down here... they and places like it should do it... y dnt u get the cricket ball that tells u... its only bout $40

Measuring Speed

AUSSIE_BOY said:
not 2 sure m8....i dunno about up your neck of the woods.. but we got a "kingsgrove sports" down here... they and places like it should do it... y dnt u get the cricket ball that tells u... its only bout $40
yeh we got heaps of kingsgrove sports near us
menai.kingsgrove parramatta,
is that ball accurate tho?

Measuring Speed

ahh youre from sydney...

if u got the kingsgrove near u... take a trip down and see if they have the speed gun there

Measuring Speed

yeh i can go to the one at kingsgrove that takes bout 20 mins in a car
and it takes a bout 5 mins for me to get to the one at menai but it dusnt have the nets that the one at kingsgrove has
r u from the sutherland shire?

Measuring Speed

na m8.. im out in liverpool... takes me about 1/2 hour 40 mins 2 get to the one at kingsgrove (depending on traffic)....

if i were u i would look into the kingsgrove one.. im pretty sure they would have the speed gun there as they do alot of coaching....

Re: Measuring Speed

I've split this into a new thread as it was veering away from bowling to left handers.

As for the balls that measure speed, from what I know they are accurate (ish) when you first buy them but tend to lose it over time.

There is also the issue that it's not a proper cricket ball and it can give you a false reading.

I guess they are good for a rough guide but not much more.

Speed_Sensor1_1.JPG

Not really, but you have to bowl a precise length to get a good reading. I recommend splashing out and buying a Bushnell speed radar gun.

The speed sensor ball is 60 bucks! I'd rather guy a skins top for that amount of money.

I do know of a few teams that borrowed the local police forces' speed gun and used that to measure themselves.

Not sure how practical that is though :p

Whenever there is a speed measurer outside our school (you know the ones that go like, 40kph then next frame a smiley face if you're under the speed limit?) Yeh, we try to measure a speed of us running there but it only shows speeds higher than 20kph, and even though it is downhill we never can measure a speed :(

A bit too off topic tho :laugh:

lmao rofl hahahahahahahahahahaha funny bloke...

surely u would b running (if sprinting) faster then 20 kph...

maybe its because your body absorbs the waves rather then the waves reflecting of the hard surface of the car ;)

If he was sprinting at over 20kph then he would be able to do the 100m in just over 1 second :laugh:. Not even an olympic athlete can do that

jimmy33 said:
If he was sprinting at over 20kph then he would be able to do the 100m in just over 1 second :laugh:. Not even an olympic athlete can do that

20kph = 20,000metres per hour = 5.5m/s.

100/5.5 = 18.18s for the 100m.

hahahahaha i dunno wat youre talkin about jimmy.. lucky schools coming back soon m8.. need 2 brush up on your maths ;)

carl lewis was running at close 2 40kph

As I think we're cleared up Jimmy's mistake with his decimal points, can we get back on topic, thanks!

On a side note, does anyone know if they sell those speed balls in the UK? I've had a look around but can't see them in the usual places, although I only had a rushed look. I'd be interested in seeing how they fare myself and not rely on reviews from other places.

Back