Michael Clarke

Spin King

Michael Clarke

Definitly looked like he had a problem last night when he bowled his 8 overs or so.

After every ball he had a grimmace on his face and didn't look too good.

He shouldn't have bowled at all due to his constant back problems.

Cameron White should have been given the ball but Ponting has no faith in him to do the job.

Basically we should pick a spinner not players who can get a job done here and there which is why Krezja should have been given a chance.

Re: Michael Clarke

Spin King;276568 said:
Definitly looked like he had a problem last night when he bowled his 8 overs or so.

After every ball he had a grimmace on his face and didn't look too good.

He shouldn't have bowled at all due to his constant back problems.

Cameron White should have been given the ball but Ponting has no faith in him to do the job.

Basically we should pick a spinner not players who can get a job done here and there which is why Krezja should have been given a chance.
Yeah he is carrying a back injury. Probably shouldn't of been playing in the first place.

schwab2clarkson;276571 said:
Yeah he is carrying a back injury. Probably shouldn't of been playing in the first place.

Then I am seriously questioning Pontings captaining skills and Clarkes brain

.matt;279723 said:
He's been carrying a back problem for years :rolleyes:
Bet you didn't know that his back injury can reoccur at anytime through severe back spasms?

Matt you should at least know what you are talking about before posting your comments on here. :rolleyes:

schwab2clarkson;279865 said:
Matt you should at least know what you are talking about before posting your comments on here. :rolleyes:

He's not the only one I'm guessing.

Back spasms are a tricky thing, one day you're fine, next you're not. Can be brought on by a million and one things, from playing sport to sleeping on the wrong bed.

I doubt we know the full facts, whether or not he was feeling it before the match or if it only came on during it. It's not uncommon in batsman (see the likes of Thorpe and Atherton), the key thing is how they manage it.

schwab2clarkson;279864 said:
no you should be seriously questioning making comments on something you don't know about. :rolleyes:

I agree Spin King, Look at ponting, he didnt give his main pace bowler the ball when we needed him, he gave it to himself and hussey instead of Bret Lee. He doesnt look after his batsmen, in this last two tests Michael Clarke is on of our outstanding batsmen so you should try to keep him fresh for when he comes to bat as Australia needs all the help we can get if we want to win this test.

mas cambios;279867 said:
He's not the only one I'm guessing.

Back spasms are a tricky thing, one day you're fine, next you're not. Can be brought on by a million and one things, from playing sport to sleeping on the wrong bed.

I doubt we know the full facts, whether or not he was feeling it before the match or if it only came on during it. It's not uncommon in batsman (see the likes of Thorpe and Atherton), the key thing is how they manage it.
The problem was with half the team got gastro, with Brett Lee the last person to get it.

With Michael Clarke, his is caused by batting for long periods and bowling for long periods. So his is more sporting related.

schwab2clarkson;279926 said:
The problem was with half the team got gastro, with Brett Lee the last person to get it.

With Michael Clarke, his is caused by batting for long periods and bowling for long periods. So his is more sporting related.

And how do we know this? Your "cousin" doesn't warrant a valid response because for all we know he is made up.

Please use black writing from now on..........

schwab2clarkson;279865 said:
Bet you didn't know that his back injury can reoccur at anytime through severe back spasms?

Yeah of course they flair up at certain times, and hes been carrying that problem for years.... Thats what I was saying.

Absolute Dud.How anyone could seriously be contemplating him as an Australian captain is beyond me.Goes missing when Australia needs him, ie first innings.Hussey is easily next in line for the captaincy and how Hodge has not been promoted ahead of Clarke is a joke.

As a non-Aussie I would love to see Clarke take over as your next captain. There is something about the bloke that strikes me as odd and I can see him runing team spirit etc.

I'm probably way of the mark but you never know!

JAMSTER;282276 said:
Absolute Dud.How anyone could seriously be contemplating him as an Australian captain is beyond me.Goes missing when Australia needs him, ie first innings.Hussey is easily next in line for the captaincy and how Hodge has not been promoted ahead of Clarke is a joke.

Tell us how you really feel.

Biggie;282519 said:
Tell us how you really feel.
No problems.Repeat an absolute Dud.

I cannot understand why the Age continues to bother printing Peter Roebuck's articles? Who really cares about what he thinks.He was not even good enough to play for England and the only time he captained an English team they lost to Holland!!! If memory serves correctly he was charged for indecent assault on three young men and then pleaded guilty to a lesser charge for which he received a suspended jail sentence.Mr Roebuck has the audacity to question the behaviour Ricky Ponting? He is just a waste of space. Why not syndicate Ian Botham? At least he was a champion, played his heart out for the Poms and is widely respected.With Ashes series approaching he will add a little spice, unlike the boring Roebuck who waffles on and on about crap.Get rid of him. I wish Roebuck would use his cane on Michael Clarke.He needs it.

JAMSTER;283690 said:
No problems.Repeat an absolute Dud.

I cannot understand why the Age continues to bother printing Peter Roebuck's articles? Who really cares about what he thinks.He was not even good enough to play for England and the only time he captained an English team they lost to Holland!!! If memory serves correctly he was charged for indecent assault on three young men and then pleaded guilty to a lesser charge for which he received a suspended jail sentence.Mr Roebuck has the audacity to question the behaviour Ricky Ponting? He is just a waste of space. Why not syndicate Ian Botham? At least he was a champion, played his heart out for the Poms and is widely respected.With Ashes series approaching he will add a little spice, unlike the boring Roebuck who waffles on and on about crap.Get rid of him. I wish Roebuck would use his cane on Michael Clarke.He needs it.

Then Clarke will use that cane to whip his way to another 98, top scoring for Australia and keeping our innings alive.

Back