might help..

AUSSIE_BOY

might help..

_40720040_batting_stroke_sel3_203.gif

just a random.... i kno this image has helped me.... thought i would pass it on..

Re: might help..

I generally find it easier not to think about what shot I am about to play :p

Hey wheres the glide/edge through the slips, one of my best shots :laugh:

The problem is with those pictures (no offence) is that they are never the be all and end all of what shots you should play off what lengths. Like some people can hook from outside off and cut the ones it says to leave. So take any of these images with a pinch of salt

true jimmy... but it never hurts to get the basic idea of the length / line of the ball and wat shot 2 play... cant trust it 100% but nothin wrong with havin a look...

Oh yeah of course. I use these all the time. Its good to know what shot to play to what line and length. Definitly something kids new to the game should study, or even those who want a bit of a refresher. So good post

ads m8 one thing u DONT!! wanna do is... worry about a yorker so much that u will pre-meditate the shot... easiest way or gettin out or injured... play ball by ball..

In my opinion that is very useful for anything short as it gives you a good idea of what stroke you should be playing. However anything pitched up or fuller is not worth it as you need to play it as it comes.

timed out ur spot on.... no batsmen has the same stride forward ar stands in the exact same spot at the crease, so the length will differ...

Hey yeah, i never thought of that, good thought. I think all these images give you is a rough idea of the line the ball needs to be and to a lesser extent the length. Because some people would consider green box to be of half volley length, the lines still right though

Obviously to those looking for a guide of which shot to play when shouldnt look too hard at that picture as its only the roughest of guides.

The thing is, everyone has differnt techniques, is taller than one another, doesnt play the shots the same is generally unique. That map there is correct for maybe 10 people out of 1000 but for the other 990 people, it'd get you into trouble.

Just Uncle Simon's word of advice ;)

if you are lookin at it seriously 4 help... i would focus more on the lines then the lengths... even though some people can play shots of different lines.. this is a basic guide... then length will vary 4 everyone....

Back