Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

century scorer;380664 said:
Well if you had of attacked the stumps and made us play at more balls
that we could reach it might have been a different story
.:rolleyes:
Watch this week with the local Sunshine soaking on thursday night
that will wake you up on saturday:D

Lol if you have a look at your dismissals they were LBW, Bowled or caught that to me says the bowling was attacking the stumps, if your team had of played aggresive shots from the start you would of made 250+ on that pitch but any true cricketer knows that you can not go from dead batting nearly every ball to suddenly scoring runs...

Hit 4 6;380710 said:
Lol if you have a look at your dismissals they were LBW, Bowled or caught that to me says the bowling was attacking the stumps, if your team had of played aggresive shots from the start you would of made 250+ on that pitch but any true cricketer knows that you can not go from dead batting nearly every ball to suddenly scoring runs...

3 bowled most others caught around wicket area, generally indicates line bowling.

pelican player;380631 said:
YOUR REFERENCE TO IF YOU ONLY HAVE 2 SIDES THEN YOU SHOULD BE IN A SHED OR VAN.
going by the scores already for this round i already know the answer anyway. 0.
MERRY XMAS

Great banter you two blokes.

Passion for a club is a wonderful thing...

Good luck to both of you.

first slipper;380702 said:
Soak the pitch if that i what you have to do to win a game. As for bowling at the stumps there were 4 wides for the game and 3 came in one over, your guys just didn't know or want to play a shot on a road. Just woundering is your captain still walking laps around the oval or has he stopped after a soft shot to get out. Funny that he has a go in front of everyone at your number 3 bat for playing his shot and then he plays that shot, did anyone say anything to him after that. PS good luck getting the fielding position you want as a bowler this week

Sunshine appear to be struggling,as you have posted 126 off 76 overs is terrible. I suppose coming up from B turf it was to be expected! Are their side full of kids? We have them in the local derby after christmas. Hopefully we can get a win and continue our push for a top four finish!

Reggie Jackson;380737 said:
Sunshine appear to be struggling,as you have posted 126 off 76 overs is terrible. I suppose coming up from B turf it was to be expected! Are their side full of kids? We have them in the local derby after christmas. Hopefully we can get a win and continue our push for a top four finish!

They have 2 or 3 kids around the age of 17 in their side this game. There a side that will have no problems batting the day out with most of their batsmen having a good defence but on the weekend when we bowl the bad balls they didn't realy look to score of it, It was more like they were happy because they didn't have to play at it instead of trying to hit the bad ball.
The only batsmen that tryed to score run did and forcd our spinner to put blokes back on the fence instead of under the helmet. Their captain is there back bone in the batting department (So i hear) but we got him cheap and they never recovered after that

first slipper;380738 said:
They have 2 or 3 kids around the age of 17 in their side this game. There a side that will have no problems batting the day out with most of their batsmen having a good defence but on the weekend when we bowl the bad balls they didn't realy look to score of it, It was more like they were happy because they didn't have to play at it instead of trying to hit the bad ball.
The only batsmen that tryed to score run did and forcd our spinner to put blokes back on the fence instead of under the helmet. Their captain is there back bone in the batting department (So i hear) but we got him cheap and they never recovered after that

I find that comment amusing, why would they try and hit the St.Mary's spinner as he is probably the best bowler in the MMVCA.
I would have thought they would have blocked out those left arm things he bowls and attacked the rest of the St.Mary's attack.

10notout;380757 said:
I find that comment amusing, why would they try and hit the St.Mary's spinner as he is probably the best bowler in the MMVCA.
I would have thought they would have blocked out those left arm things he bowls and attacked the rest of the St.Mary's attack.

The problem was mate, is they didnt attack the other bowlers. We had attacking fields for all the bowlers and they didnt want to attack us.
The only guy that did made 26 in a few overs and looked to take the attack to us.

To be fair to them, we got early wickets so they probably did ok to bat for so long.

10notout;380757 said:

I'm sure Harry will tell you just how good he really is please dont come on here and boost his ego any more....:D

FoPud exactly who do you play cricket for champ? If your who i think you are i would get off this site your hopeless... can someone tell me now who they think will win the flag this season..? i think glenroy v st andrews in match of the year after x-mas... good luck to both sides

paperboy;380788 said:
FoPud exactly who do you play cricket for champ? If your who i think you are i would get off this site your hopeless... can someone tell me now who they think will win the flag this season..? i think glenroy v st andrews in match of the year after x-mas... good luck to both sides

im tipping glenroy not to lose a game from here on in.... but i do agree glenroy v st andrews will be match of the year

first slipper;380702 said:
Soak the pitch if that i what you have to do to win a game. As for bowling at the stumps there were 4 wides for the game and 3 came in one over, your guys just didn't know or want to play a shot on a road. Just woundering is your captain still walking laps around the oval or has he stopped after a soft shot to get out. Funny that he has a go in front of everyone at your number 3 bat for playing his shot and then he plays that shot, did anyone say anything to him after that. PS good luck getting the fielding position you want as a bowler this week

Just woundering -Yes he is still woundering last seen heading to Mc Donalds
to get a soft serve ice cream:D
With the young side we have it was more of a lecture about putting a price on your wicket and yes i will get the fielding positions i ask for 2 at fine leg
and see if you can hook on a soft serve wicket.:p

Fresh_Prince;380630 said:
Ask me next week mate, when the games are complete.. Socials, who metioned Socials on here??? This is about Pacco United and Haig.
I believe West Coburg went down to B-Turf a couple of years ago and came back bigger and stronger.
Anyway, I have enjoy my monthly slagging match with you Pelican. Have a safe and merry x-mas and I'll stay in touch in the next couple of months..

We didn't go down by choice. We were relegated... but the comp hasn't relegated anyone since then.

paperboy;380788 said:

have i missed something paperboy??

paperboy;380788 said:

My tip is a St Francis v Glenroy grandfinal at this stage. St Andrews are playing well but still doubtful about their batting line up. They have some great names in there but a few of the other clubs have good bats too.

smokey to make the four are Sunshine heights, if they get over Merlo this week they are a real chance.

cant see anyone else really being a threat. anyway just my thoughts

century scorer;380798 said:
With the young side we have it was more of a lecture about putting a price on your wicket and yes i will get the fielding positions i ask for 2 at fine leg

Please do so because that will be 2 fielders i dont have to worry about. Can i ask a favour can you take them for 1st and 2nd slip because i seem to be trying to score alot of runs down there in the last couple of hits. Just cant get it past the fielders. wait to i start finding the gaps there. there will be no stopping me.

well glenroy v st francis i wouldnt think so but you never know.. FoPud grow up mate no idea about cricket you should be playing netball. good luck for the rest of the year your going to need just make sure you can be apart of something this year.... also keep on giving us catching practice on the leg side boundry champ..
cheers boys and good luck

first slipper;380891 said:
[/COLOR]

Please do so because that will be 2 fielders i dont have to worry about. Can i ask a favour can you take them for 1st and 2nd slip because i seem to be trying to score alot of runs down there in the last couple of hits. Just cant get it past the fielders. wait to i start finding the gaps there. there will be no stopping me.

Mate, he didnt open the batting.

Hit 4 6;380768 said:
I'm sure Harry will tell you just how good he really is please dont come on here and boost his ego any more....:D

LOL, ur an idiot!!!

century scorer;380798 said:

Mate, first slipper didnt open the batting!

Something to gloat about guys as it's not often we get a chance to do so...Barkly Street thrashed St Andrews by 8 wickets chasing 240! The wicket was magnificent to bat on. I'd have to say we have the best wicket in the comp by far!

A club record of 208 for the opening stand set it up for us very nicely. St Andrews did not take the loss very well as they were not very impressed with us batting on after passing their score. At one stage I played an off drive only for it to pull up short of the boundary. We ran 5 runs while the fielder walked to pick up the ball and then to my dismay he deliberately threw the ball over the boundary. Initially the umpire called it a 9 run shot but thanks to some peer pressure, the fielder claim the ball to have crossed over the boundary. Would have been good to have had a 9 down in the books.

Anyway, we ended the game early to avoid any hostilities that was starting to brew.

Incidentally, I'd be interested to get everyone's view on whether to bat on or end the game after reaching target scores. I know from our point of view we've been kept out on the field before over the past few seasons so for me I would keep batting til stumps. Anyway, you'd want to get your moneys worth wouldn't ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back