MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Any word on whether the A Turf are still going ahead.
I have heard other comps have already been called off.

Hit 4 6;367942 said:
As far as my mail goes they have lost Kingy who batted at 5 for them but not a great season. Cashie there opening Bowler went to NWCA back to his old club. I still rate them just depends on how there batsmen travel through out the year they need Brad Brownie Harry and Zimmer to have a good season for them to be competitve.

Cashie has decided to return back to St Marys for this season. Yes he done a pre season at his old club but decided not to play the season there (must be the money we are throwing at him) But yes we have lost kingy we will need to find a extra 30 runs from some where to cover him (for the season). Apart from that we have the same side as last year.

DROPPED HIM;367955 said:
Any word on whether the A Turf are still going ahead.
I have heard other comps have already been called off.

:mad: Every other comp in the state has been called off except Premier Cricket & MMVCA?:confused:
I suppose they will let us know at 10 am 2morrow?:rolleyes:
Imbeciles!

Reggie Jackson;367992 said:
:mad: Every other comp in the state has been called off except Premier Cricket & MMVCA?:confused:
Imbeciles!

Well the grounds committee or decision makers are going to look pretty god-damn silly if they have to wait until tomorrow morning to call it off when everyone else already has...No rain today so there would be no logical reason why they would then go ahead and call it off tomorrow morning with covers down overnight. If they do then they need to explain why it couldn't have been called off earlier. Anyway they won't be dictating to me. I have already arranged a visit to Flemington regardless of what those clowns decide...

Taser Gun;367996 said:
Well the grounds committee or decision makers are going to look pretty god-damn silly if they have to wait until tomorrow morning to call it off when everyone else already has...No rain today so there would be no logical reason why they would then go ahead and call it off tomorrow morning with covers down overnight. If they do then they need to explain why it couldn't have been called off earlier. Anyway they won't be dictating to me. I have already arranged a visit to Flemington regardless of what those clowns decide...

Council prepared wickets?
No chance!:p
If Sub District clubs can't get wickets up, im sure our council prepared decks
wont be any where near ready!
If we do play on the under prepared wickets, it will f%@# them up for the
rest of the season!
Both sides bowled out for 50? What does that achieve?
What are they thinking?
Surely a Sunday game after Xmas would be better?

The wickets in the moreland council area are done and hallam reserve looks great. I take back everything I said this week about the lazy council. I can't understand why the other clubs who prepare their own wickets haven't got their's ready

Imbeciles!

maybe there are not worried about wicket prep, its only the rain that is the concern...........surely though if wickets are right to go, there is no need to decide on if we play or not.

Taser Gun;367996 said:

How about we cut the wet weather commitee some slack? They are leaving their decision to as late as possible, so we have every chance to play tomorrow.

If we get on tomorrow, then they should be applauded, and if we dont, then atleast they gave us every chance to play regardless.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

mmvca;368035 said:
How about we cut the wet weather commitee some slack? They are leaving their decision to as late as possible, so we have every chance to play tomorrow.

If we get on tomorrow, then they should be applauded, and if we dont, then atleast they gave us every chance to play regardless.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

The great man has spoken!!!!!

Guys, we are definately on tomorrow. The decision to be made at 10am is whether to remove covers because of the possibility of rain. The wickets are right to go. Game on:)

Imbeciles!

Nice to be put in the same bracket. I take it Reggie your one of those precious batsmen that has to bat on a belter each week. Toughen up pal.

First result in.

Glenroy over Sunshine Heights.

Heights scored 190 ish. Lots of youngsters surrounded by some old heads.

In reply Glenroy got the runs in the last over. Good chase with some wickets in hand. Couldn't stay to the end so still catching up on finer details.

Head lit up early with 50 to 60. Heights opened up with a young offie and Head went BANG!

Hit 4 6;367714 said:
My tips round 1

Merlo v Sunshine YCW. Merlo will be too good

Glenroy v Sunshine Heights. Glenroy easily Parker 60 odd runs

West Coburg v Pascoe Vale. West Easy Pascoe are just s***

Socials v Barkly street. Dont care really no danger of playing finals for both these sides But Socials

St Mary's v St Francis. Great game game of the round draw cant pick

ST Andrews v East Coburg. Andrews with smoke taking 4 for to start the season.

A great start from the Boys in the red and black. Following on from the finish of last year when we won 4 out of the last 5 matches.

A good competative game against West. We won the toss and bowled on the wicket that offered assistance throughout the day. The return of Dave Garvan was a great sight to loyal supporters of Pascoe Vale with figures 3 for 20 odd. Bowled with good heat, It looks as if the shoulder op may have resulted in alittle bit more freedom (set for a great year). Partnered with the ever reliable Preston, bowled without luck. If he continues to improve at the rate as he has over the last 12 months, well anything is possible.

Swinger Stinger was also in fine form, not requiring any assistance from the wicket, all the work is done before it pitches, could have easily had a bag today, very unlucky no having Callum 2nd ball, regulation miss at first slip. If we had have taken that, it may have got really ugly for Wests

To Callum and Nader's credit, they completed hard and played the percentage and took the score form 2 for 37 after 20 overs to what we thought to be a competative score of 137.

But enter Barra, continuing on his fine form of the last 3 seasons, came in, on still a difficuit wicket with Callum bowling with some good heat and movement. A great 73 not out and shows the work he puts in on the track certainly pays off in the middle.

Again great start, first victory against Wests in the 3 and half years since i have been at PSSC.

Good Luck to Callum and the boys for the rest of the year (good bunch of guys, even you Robbo), thanks again for staying around for a drink.

Reggie Jackson;368000 said:
Council prepared wickets?
No chance!:p
If Sub District clubs can't get wickets up, im sure our council prepared decks
wont be any where near ready!
If we do play on the under prepared wickets, it will f%@# them up for the
rest of the season!
Both sides bowled out for 50? What does that achieve?
What are they thinking?
Surely a Sunday game after Xmas would be better?

From looking at results, there were some decent scores made for this time of year. Any feedback on how the wickets played. I know Hallam didn't look great, but played very well and was a typical wicket that you would expect to see in October.
This might be a first, but hats off to the council for getting us on the park.

bomber27;368327 said:
From looking at results, there were some decent scores made for this time of year. Any feedback on how the wickets played. I know Hallam didn't look great, but played very well and was a typical wicket that you would expect to see in October.

We played at De Chene Res and the wkt played pretty well. Pity the result was a different story.

And hats off to you and the wet weather crew for allowing us to get on the park yesterday.

Where are all the haters now?

bomber27;368327 said:
St Andrews played East coburg at Morris wicket a bit sticky at first but then played well. Result was St's 6 for 202 and East 10 for 95. Just an early statment and do not take this the wrong way "Rooboy" but I think East will be the wooden sponers this year. And well done to the council but will it last????

cricket tragic;368256 said:
A great start from the Boys in the red and black. Following on from the finish of last year when we won 4 out of the last 5 matches.

A good competative game against West. We won the toss and bowled on the wicket that offered assistance throughout the day. The return of Dave Garvan was a great sight to loyal supporters of Pascoe Vale with figures 3 for 20 odd. Bowled with good heat, It looks as if the shoulder op may have resulted in alittle bit more freedom (set for a great year). Partnered with the ever reliable Preston, bowled without luck. If he continues to improve at the rate as he has over the last 12 months, well anything is possible.

Swinger Stinger was also in fine form, not requiring any assistance from the wicket, all the work is done before it pitches, could have easily had a bag today, very unlucky no having Callum 2nd ball, regulation miss at first slip. If we had have taken that, it may have got really ugly for Wests

To Callum and Nader's credit, they completed hard and played the percentage and took the score form 2 for 37 after 20 overs to what we thought to be a competative score of 137.

But enter Barra, continuing on his fine form of the last 3 seasons, came in, on still a difficuit wicket with Callum bowling with some good heat and movement. A great 73 not out and shows the work he puts in on the track certainly pays off in the middle.

Again great start, first victory against Wests in the 3 and half years since i have been at PSSC.

Good Luck to Callum and the boys for the rest of the year (good bunch of guys, even you Robbo), thanks again for staying around for a drink.
well done to Pacco

bomber27;368327 said:

385 runs made at j p fawkner wicket played very well very good game of cricket

Paker went bang alright we heard him down at cole res. Rumolr has they have got the strongest batting line up in the comp.... Are they good enough to go back2back.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back