MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Old School;371402 said:
You know alot about the Socials just working out which ex player you are.
Your location Essendon I thought that you might of been Scott Cook.

Not a Social player, but played against them and drank with them after the game a few times..I played some years ago...Not in the last 4 years or so.

kingkong;371179 said:
Well im gonna have to say St.Andrews as i play for them, i think it will be against St.Francis.Well thats my opinon anyway.
Will be an interesting game this week between st. andrews and pacoe lets hope its a cracka and not a one sided affair. is it just me or has it been a bit quiet on here lately not much talk from st marys boys.

3D-503;371567 said:
Will be an interesting game this week between st. andrews and pacoe lets hope its a cracka and not a one sided affair. is it just me or has it been a bit quiet on here lately not much talk from st marys boys.

It's not the only game that will be interesting, the old rivals, two team that love to hate each other are playing Socials v Merlo, this will be and always is a cracker.
Bomber I hope you have lost your "A Game" after having a week off. LOL.

old hack;372005 said:
Well done King Kong, some things never change!!!!

Couldn't help yourself,

I would have thought that most people would have considered chasing down 200 and getting within 20 odd runs on a slowing and lowering wicket was a valiant effort.

This game was not as one sided as your hatred may have lead you to believe. There was only one player that made the difference and that was Woodhouse. His inning took the game just out of reach.

At the start of play, I thought 170 would be a challenging chase.

We start well, controlled the game early by bowling to plans we believed would leave us with that type of chase, even though Taylor made 81 no and played well, he did not dominate us like last time around. If Woodhouse hadn't done what he did then I believe Taylor would have been force to become the aggressor, well I think a few more good opportunities would have presented themselves.

I think Woodhouse could become the most dominate player in the comp, hits it as cleanly as I has seen from ball one, his only down fall will be, that he doesn't respect any bowling. Any bowler can bowl a wicket taking ball.

Little Jed looked good as expected, good decision to open with him, pace on the ball suits him. He could have a made a fair few if it wasn't for the peanut gallery of supporters who cheered his every breath and got him to state where he felt need to try and hit every ball for 4 to please them. I am not sure what they were trying to prove as not a word was said to him as he is a good kid and that is not the new Pascoe Vale way. Good Luck Jed for the rest of the year, I hope you prove me right and by the end of the year play a fair few games in the seconds. When you get a chance to speak to Matthew Drain, I believe he will be doing some batting coaching down there this year, listen very closely and learn a lot.

Pascoe Vale positives were again the performances of different people, Ross 37 and J Gavo with a very good 50 and also Preston, the pick of the bowlers all day.
I said we wanted a solid performance win or lose draw to gauge our improvement, we achieved that and now re assess this game and improve again.
Pascoe Vale of the past would have folded for 130, so underestimate us at your own peril. Bring on the 2 day games.

Best of Luck to the St Andrews boys, played in good sprit, except for the one simpleton who I probably shouldn't waste effort on, but seriously get a life that you’re happy with, your obviously coming into weekends a very angry and frustrated individual.
Impressed with Smoke, we know he can bowl, but his leadership was good after Taylor injured himself, with the right guidance there is no reason he can not captain this club in the near future and for long time after. (PS nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleave ie.. throwing the stumps down). Looking forward to battle, come finals time.

As you see this post maybe St Andrew bias but we are moving along nicely and I don't want to give up any trade secrets. More importantly, you need to assess the better teams and learn and therefore be better prepared next time around. That will be finals and in a knock out situation.

Old School;371701 said:
It's not the only game that will be interesting, the old rivals, two team that love to hate each other are playing Socials v Merlo, this will be and always is a cracker.
Bomber I hope you have lost your "A Game" after having a week off. LOL.

Not the cracker you thought it was going to be Old School?

Justabystander;372211 said:
Not the cracker you thought it was going to be Old School?

Whole team had a very bad day but we focus on the next game now.
Take nothing away from Merlo they played very well.

:confused: why is it everytime that pvsc lose a grade they don't like staying back at the club? noticed on the few occassions being at the club the atmosphere has really dropped :confused:

cricket tragic;372160 said:
Couldn't help yourself,

I would have thought that most people would have considered chasing down 200 and getting within 20 odd runs on a slowing and lowering wicket was a valiant effort.

This game was not as one sided as your hatred may have lead you to believe. There was only one player that made the difference and that was Woodhouse. His inning took the game just out of reach.

We start well, controlled the game early by bowling to plans we believed would leave us with that type of chase, even though Taylor made 81 no and played well, he did not dominate us like last time around. If Woodhouse hadn't done what he did then I believe Taylor would have been force to become the aggressor, well I think a few more good opportunities would have presented themselves.

I think Woodhouse could become the most dominate player in the comp, hits it as cleanly as I has seen from ball one, his only down fall will be, that he doesn't respect any bowling. Any bowler can bowl a wicket taking ball.

Little Jed looked good as expected, good decision to open with him, pace on the ball suits him. He could have a made a fair few if it wasn't for the peanut gallery of supporters who cheered his every breath and got him to state where he felt need to try and hit every ball for 4 to please them. I am not sure what they were trying to prove as not a word was said to him as he is a good kid and that is not the new Pascoe Vale way. Good Luck Jed for the rest of the year, I hope you prove me right and by the end of the year play a fair few games in the seconds. When you get a chance to speak to Matthew Drain, I believe he will be doing some batting coaching down there this year, listen very closely and learn a lot.

Pascoe Vale positives were again the performances of different people, Ross 37 and J Gavo with a very good 50 and also Preston, the pick of the bowlers all day.
I said we wanted a solid performance win or lose draw to gauge our improvement, we achieved that and now re assess this game and improve again.
Pascoe Vale of the past would have folded for 130, so underestimate us at your own peril. Bring on the 2 day games.

Best of Luck to the St Andrews boys, played in good sprit, except for the one simpleton who I probably shouldn't waste effort on, but seriously get a life that you’re happy with, your obviously coming into weekends a very angry and frustrated individual.
Impressed with Smoke, we know he can bowl, but his leadership was good after Taylor injured himself, with the right guidance there is no reason he can not captain this club in the near future and for long time after. (PS nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleave ie.. throwing the stumps down). Looking forward to battle, come finals time.

As you see this post maybe St Andrew bias but we are moving along nicely and I don't want to give up any trade secrets. More importantly, you need to assess the better teams and learn and therefore be better prepared next time around. That will be finals and in a knock out situation.

Good Post and summary Mate.

Was impressed with the effort and determination of you guys all day and dont have a problem saying you are not far off the mark.
Important that you win the games expected to win and you guys will make an impact come the business end of the season.
The one dayers are a bonus if you can get some wins up early and now we will see the good sides excell in the fair dinkum stuff.
In relation to the angry man,he is harmless and if he gets under your skin thats a worry as he has been doing that for years to everyone.( i slap him around occasionally to bring him back in line.)
In relation to Smoke,gets his passion off his Mother,she has me scared.
On a serious note you guys are heading in the right direction and must now make sure you take that next step as this year looks pretty open so far.
Good luck and look forward to meeting again later in the year.

F.O.S

Couldn't help yourself,

Not worried about keeping a lid on it down there?

Interesting reading on the NWCA thread about a punch on last Saturday.

Early vindication for our clubs i would think in knocking back the merger.

mmvca;372256 said:

Get over yourself mate its not like it happens weekly will you be vindicated next year when we have a cash raid on your club!:cool:

mmvca;372256 said:

u r kidding yourself, u think your comp is squeaky clean- wake up

Couldn't help yourself,

Just giving King Kong a wrap, have no interest in Pascoe at all. No hatred nothing at all. Think about you once a year and thats it. Maybe twice this year if your good enough and you seem to think you are. Good luck to you.

We don't care about anyone else but St Andrews. Very happy to hear that Matty Woodhouse is going so well, and that old bloke is ok too. Lucky Matty carried him the as you said. I would hate to see old Nev as the aggressor!

Did you manage to have any leg side fielders for him this year? LOL

Gladyboy;372258 said:
Get over yourself mate its not like it happens weekly will you be vindicated next year when we have a cash raid on your club!:cool:

you have plenty of cash wallace,2 pitts kelly all from merlo campbell and fitzy from the socials markham from sunbury united, sheppard from preston ycw ,dervis from broady area 9 players you have from somewhere else all paid players not 2 many home grown players there. thank god you have plenty of the folding stuff.

essendon2000;372320 said:
you have plenty of cash wallace,2 pitts kelly all from merlo campbell and fitzy from the socials markham from sunbury united, sheppard from preston ycw ,dervis from broady area 9 players you have from somewhere else all paid players not 2 many home grown players there. thank god you have plenty of the folding stuff.

90% of those boys dont get paid champ and only 4 of the blokes you named have ever recieved a cent from us during their time at the club.

We have a great track record of getting blokes down on coin and them staying for free.

And alot of the blokes who have come across from Merlo dont get paid and have never been paid, there goes you theory about the reasons players leave your comp.

Sure we have and will continue to pay blokes from time to time when warranted but a lot of others come for success or in Brett and Rhetts case to play with their mates like it or not.

gladyboy;372326 said:
90% of those boys dont get paid champ and only 4 of the blokes you named have ever recieved a cent from us during their time at the club.

We have a great track record of getting blokes down on coin and them staying for free.

And alot of the blokes who have come across from merlo dont get paid and have never been paid, there goes you theory about the reasons players leave your comp.

Sure we have and will continue to pay blokes from time to time when warranted but a lot of others come for success or in brett and rhetts case to play with their mates like it or not.

flog

eureka;372343 said:

Yeah great comeback be sure that you put down your correct address when you regiestered I would hate to see you miss out on the pulitizer that is no doubt coming your way.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back