MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Right, let's get this cleared up once and for all. When you lot talk about the cricket it's generally good stuff, when you stray into tit for tat, name calling and personal arguments it's like looking after a bunch of primary school kids.

Leave out the crap and the mods will leave you alone, carry it on and action will be taken. Also, when bagging people I strongly suggest you think about what you post, especially when naming them directly. The law of defamation does exist and if anyone ever did decide to take action it would YOU not BigCricket in the mire.

I have no problem with people discussing performances and even highlighting mistakes but try to do so constructively. Certain people on here seem to have personal issues with others and see fit to air them in public, which is pretty pathetic. This is made even worse when they are using fake accounts or posting under another identity to back themselves up.

You all seem to moan about the quality of umpiring in the competition that you play in - do you honesty think that any would be umpire reading this would be keen to put his hand up and offer his services? No chance as they know that the first time they get something wrong a barrage of abuse would be flying their way from semi anonymous posters.

This thread is now opened but it is being watched. Zero tolerance for anyone stepping out of line, which means a straight 7 day ban.

16cans;374969 said:
MERLO - game of round, doing everything right so far will stick with them
VALES - bowler back will help
HEIGHTS - big rhode kill back to back on home deck
EASTS - coin toss wont surprise if ycw win
ST. ANDREWS - tapner due & if jolley back cant see them losing
WESTS - barkly too inconsistent

Early wash up from 1st day.

Merlo top 3 in good nik, others had little or no time in middle. will struggle if Borg & Woods go early.

Vales attack on early, Costello boys, lucky Luke & ex vale junior dug in well, postage stamp ground.

Still back heights 2 win, will roll pitch early & then half hour b4 game.

YCW no surprise, 2 many for easts 2 chase.

St. Andys bowling attack 2 strong for marys.

Got this badly wrong, barkly 2 get runs easily.

Prediction of heavy storms friday might save a few, if not best of luck with bat or ball.

mas cambios;375738 said:
Right, let's get this cleared up once and for all. When you lot talk about the cricket it's generally good stuff, when you stray into tit for tat, name calling and personal arguments it's like looking after a bunch of primary school kids.

Leave out the crap and the mods will leave you alone, carry it on and action will be taken. Also, when bagging people I strongly suggest you think about what you post, especially when naming them directly. The law of defamation does exist and if anyone ever did decide to take action it would YOU not BigCricket in the mire.

I have no problem with people discussing performances and even highlighting mistakes but try to do so constructively. Certain people on here seem to have personal issues with others and see fit to air them in public, which is pretty pathetic. This is made even worse when they are using fake accounts or posting under another identity to back themselves up.

You all seem to moan about the quality of umpiring in the competition that you play in - do you honesty think that any would be umpire reading this would be keen to put his hand up and offer his services? No chance as they know that the first time they get something wrong a barrage of abuse would be flying their way from semi anonymous posters.

This thread is now opened but it is being watched. Zero tolerance for anyone stepping out of line, which means a straight 7 day ban.

Mas Cambios[/B] would you say umpires are becoming like moderators more every day?
I would say that Tony Villani is close to becoming one of your right hand men! To me umpires are like a leach on your skin, do nothing but suck the life out of you with there shocking decisions and constant mistakes.
TONY VILLANI should be made to get on here and offer all cricketers a massive apology for his appalling attitude and as mentioned before terrible decisions!
As for mods they have more holes in there hearts than Tyler Cassidy's body.
Mods and umpires are like AFL Football umpires, not good enough to play the game but still want to be involved so they take these pee heart roles and try and cause as much heart ache or us cricketers because of there jealously.

Now that's my say for the day.
Best of luck this weekend lads.

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;375781 said:
Mas Cambios[/B] would you say umpires are becoming like moderators more every day?
I would say that Tony Villani is close to becoming one of your right hand men! To me umpires are like a leach on your skin, do nothing but suck the life out of you with there shocking decisions and constant mistakes.
TONY VILLANI should be made to get on here and offer all cricketers a massive apology for his appalling attitude and as mentioned before terrible decisions!
As for mods they have more holes in there hearts than Tyler Cassidy's body.
Mods and umpires are like AFL Football umpires, not good enough to play the game but still want to be involved so they take these pee heart roles and try and cause as much heart ache or us cricketers because of there jealously.

Now that's my say for the day.
Best of luck this weekend lads.

Dont mind some of your stuff Front Foot, has humour, but I'm tipping the mods might make it your last say as well & quietly Tyler Cassidy was a child who flipped.

GEECEECEE have you got any idea what your talking about mate...? who do you play for champ..? i think you have no gglue what so ever.. but you seem to no whats going on are you a umpire, i have alot of time for the umpiers as they have alot for us.. also who is going to win this week good luck to all..

mas cambios;375738 said:

well put

im off to a good start my self hit the first ball for 6 after tea saturday and dominating the compition no one will stand in my way this year im the best and always have been, everyone knows me so you cant disagree,

16cans;375768 said:
Got this badly wrong, barkly 2 get runs easily.

Prediction of heavy storms friday might save a few, if not best of luck with bat or ball.

Lets just hope the weather holds off. I've been told by the stalwarts of the club that Barkly Street has never beaten West Coburg.

pelican player;365520 said:
let me re phrase that! there are plenty of matting players who could very much hold there own in a turf. a side with the likes of polo,logan,wills(abers) chris smith,jamie koo and steve thompson(pacco) long,drane and cooper(marby park) not to mention a few of the rmit,royal park ,and flemington boys would be a very competive side in a turf. a classic example would be from say pascoe vale united ,we had a bloke go to pascoe vale last year and play a turf all year and was probably their number 1 bowler, while at pascoe vale united he was more renowed as a batsman than a bowler. so i am fairly sure alot of players playing for non turf clubs would be ok to play turf cricket

then can u explain to me and the world why when the mats clubs get thier chance to prove this...... ie: twenty20's that all four teams in the semis were all a turf teams and from my experince playing them we cruised thru them games aginst the mats clubs.............

justoutsideoff;376378 said:
then can u explain to me and the world why when the mats clubs get thier chance to prove this...... ie: twenty20's that all four teams in the semis were all a turf teams and from my experince playing them we cruised thru them games aginst the mats clubs.............

wow 20/20 games on a tuesday night which is a hit and giggle, gee just cause no matting teams make the semi final in a mickey mouse comp we are all shit? ever thought some clubs don't exactly take that comp seriously! i am saying that their are a few guys in the matting comps that could handle themselves quite well playing turf cricket, from what i have seen this year in the turf comp

pelican player;376381 said:
wow 20/20 games on a tuesday night which is a hit and giggle, gee just cause no matting teams make the semi final in a mickey mouse comp we are all shit? ever thought some clubs don't exactly take that comp seriously! i am saying that their are a few guys in the matting comps that could handle themselves quite well playing turf cricket, from what i have seen this year in the turf comp

Pelican you are right a few of the matting players would handle themselves ok in c and b turf, but in a turf well thats another story its very easy to say they could handle it but unless they are prepared to try dont build them up. If im right your from pascoe vale united according to you earler blogs, well looking at your ladder your 1st are sitting last maybe try and win a game down there before trying to tell us all how good you matting players are..

3D-503;376405 said:
Pelican you are right a few of the matting players would handle themselves ok in c and b turf, but in a turf well thats another story its very easy to say they could handle it but unless they are prepared to try dont build them up. If im right your from pascoe vale united according to you earler blogs, well looking at your ladder your 1st are sitting last maybe try and win a game down there before trying to tell us all how good you matting players are..
and you have won how many? don't worry about us, yes we are winless so far this year ,but have been in winning positions in every game bar the current one. i was talking in general about the matting comp not just pacco vale united.

3D-503;376405 said:

I think there would be 2 or 3 players from the A mats that could come up and play A turf. It would take them a season to adjust to the difference in surfaces but were they are guns in the A mats they would be just players in the A turf. The only batsmen i have seen that would be able to come up and making runs in the A turf straight away would be Even Long from Marby Park. Defence is great and can play shot on both sides of the wicket.

St Marys hung on for a draw after starting an hr late. The pitch was a fking disgrace!

Smoke got 6 wkts, P.Brown made 80.

Big cheers for the St Andys boys who stuck around for awhile, especially FOS who made our club a bit of cash by selling the raffle tickets for us.

Cheers fellas.

mmvca;376583 said:
St Marys hung on for a draw after starting an hr late. The pitch was a fking disgrace!

Smoke got 6 wkts, P.Brown made 80.

Big cheers for the St Andys boys who stuck around for awhile, especially FOS who made our club a bit of cash by selling the raffle tickets for us.

Cheers fellas.

Why is the result in dispute (according to MyCricket)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back