MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2009/10

A.Hussey;387036 said:
jimmy marinos tonned up again in thirds. how many more losss can st andrews afford before they send an sos to him. i know he is a great role model for the young blokes in thirds (with his constant drinking, smoking and poor attitude to training and personal hygiene) but the firsts need him.

I think the queensland sun has got to your brain huss.

I think an sos is due when hell freezes over. Now get off this site and start working for a change.

it is raining and windy here at the moment, hence the reason im spending my lunch break on the computer. everyone wants you playing firsts, especially the bolwlers in the comp.

putabellintheball;387035 said:
Not back - leg injury but will be right to go pretty quickly.

I wanted to thank BSUCCC for their great show of sportsmanship at the end of the game. Good game played in great spirit and a club on the rise. Best of luck for the next two games - hope the cards fall your way.

Actually...the young fellas were just spent from giving their all. We tend to turn to them when we're desperate for wickets and just need to remember they are only 17. They backed up the following day with a club intra Twenty20.

Great fight from East Coburg on the weekend. Bowled in the right spots early on to have us on the ropes and followed up with some decent batting to avoid an outright loss.

No complaints from them when they were put back in which was good to see. We missed out on a perfect opportunity to put ourselves right into finals contention but now need to win our last two games and rely on other results.

i would just like to say one thing now......im not sure about everybody else in the compition but for myself i see Glenroys skipper didnt make many runs and they still won comfterbly if he gets going and has batsman to follow him and than there bowlers to bowl well can this team be beaten...?

THE AGGR3SSOR;387265 said:
i would just like to say one thing now......im not sure about everybody else in the compition but for myself i see Glenroys skipper didnt make many runs and they still won comfterbly if he gets going and has batsman to follow him and than there bowlers to bowl well can this team be beaten[/B]...?

They seem 2 be going along smoothly & odds on favourites 2 hang another flag, but like last season proved, different game come finals time.

Tips
Vales 2 strong - YCW 2 keep improving
Socials 2 move a step closer - Easts wont lie down
St.Andrews 2 bounce back - Wests wont make it easy
Glenroy 2 keep rolling along - Barkly 2 be competitive but will fall short
Heights @ home - Marys bad start 2 season & unfortuantly should finish the same
Game of round - Merlo/St.Francis
Both sides well led by their senior players, hard 1 to pick.
Not a one man side, but if Costello (possibly best bowler in comp) is free from injury, St.Francis in close 1

Good luck

i would just like to say one thing now......im not sure about everybody else in the compition but for myself i see Glenroys skipper didnt make many runs and they still won comfterbly if he gets going and has batsman to follow him and than there bowlers to bowl well can this team be beaten...?

Surprisingly, Parker didn't make much,but i think he'll make a comeback this week against Barkly St. I think the batsmen who follow Parker really need to lift as they need to get use to cricket without him; he won't be playing forever! It's looking pretty tight up the top of the ladder, good luck to all involved...one of the most promising finals series of the MMVCA coming up! :)

Of course your going to say that, when you're from Glenroy:D

Seems like it was an interesting game today between Sunny Heights and St Marys. Feedback Ive heard is that the St Marys boys are fairly pissed off with Heights boys over a dismissal.

bomber27;387500 said:
Seems like it was an interesting game today between Sunny Heights and St Marys. Feedback Ive heard is that the St Marys boys are fairly pissed off with Heights boys over a dismissal.

Pissed off would be an understatement.

They bowled very well and deserved to be in front at stumps, but there desire to get wickets has left a very bad taste in our mouths.

Even their own supporters were embarrased. For as long as i have played cricket, i have never seen anything like it before and i hope i never see it again. It was unsportsmanlike, and it was against the spirit of cricket.

They were so arrogant about it, they then bounced our number 11, who has just turned 14 and only played because we were short and he said he would play to help us out. This when they had 9/50.

I have never played against a more arrogant side. Even the Socials at their best you could still have a beer after the game with them, after they had pounded you all day with sledging and so forth.

But after this, i will never have a beer with these blokes again.

mmvca;387533 said:

They bowled very well and deserved to be in front at stumps, but there desire to get wickets has left a very bad taste in our mouths.

Even their own supporters were embarrased. For as long as i have played cricket, i have never seen anything like it before and i hope i never see it again. It was unsportsmanlike, and it was against the spirit of cricket.

They were so arrogant about it, they then bounced our number 11, who has just turned 14 and only played because we were short and he said he would play to help us out. This when they had 9/50.

I have never played against a more arrogant side. Even the Socials at their best you could still have a beer after the game with them, after they had pounded you all day with sledging and so forth.

Come on H you're going to have let us know what happened?

I've seen some doozies over the years, so what was this one?

Hirdy's Back;387543 said:
Come on H you're going to have let us know what happened?

I've seen some doozies over the years, so what was this one?

Zimmer hit the ball to mid off but didnt attempt to run. The bloke at mid off had to run maybe 5 metres to get the ball, but basically walked to get it. The keeper was waving at him to throw the ball to him, so Zimmer stepped back in his crease, and then caught the ball as it was thrown straight at him so it didnt hit him. The Sunshine Heights goons then appealed because he caught the ball and he was given out for obstructing the field!

Poor form if you ask me and everyone else at the ground, but they thought it was within the spirit of the game.

Good bunch of blokes they are......:rolleyes:

mmvca;387533 said:

I'm not sure as to the extent of their unsportsmanlike conduct but isn't the bouncer a legal delivery of the game? It's unfortunate that you were short and had to call up the 14 year old but surely he would have expected a couple of short balls coming his way.

jsonnn;387546 said:
I'm not sure as to the extent of their unsportsmanlike conduct but isn't the bouncer a legal delivery of the game? It's unfortunate that you were short and had to call up the 14 year old but surely he would have expected a couple of short balls coming his way.

Jsonnn,

It was what happened before that showed the true form of a Sh-t club and as for a couple of there players one being Shawcross for even appealing show what a good bloke he is. As for the captain that had every chance to show his colours he went into the group to celebrate the wicket. Back in my day of being a captain i would of walked straight over umpire and called the batsmen back. And told the bowler to get him out with the ball. I will always play the game hard and sometime loose control but i would never let my club even think of doing what i saw on saturday. Even 2 of there supports were disgusted with what they saw. With 1 player on report already and still the captain and shawcross to bat looks like we could be missing some players for the last round

Pissweak effort Scumshine heights

jsonnn;387546 said:

I wasnt referring to the bouncer as unsportsmanlike, i was referring to the Zimmer wicket.

Go back and re-read my post ffs.

Well in my eyes that is a disgracefull thing for a club to do and the captain is pissweak to let the decision stand. I bet the Umpire wasn't happy with them appealing either, but under the letter of the law probably had to give it out if they gave a genuine appeal.

Maybe the umpire should have said not out as he was stopping the ball from hittig his body.

Not good when things like this happen to ruin a clubs reputation and this most certainly will.

first slipper;387550 said:
Jsonnn,

It was what happened before that showed the true form of a Sh-t club and as for a couple of there players one being Shawcross for even appealing show what a good bloke he is. As for the captain that had every chance to show his colours he went into the group to celebrate the wicket. Back in my day of being a captain i would of walked straight over umpire and called the batsmen back. And told the bowler to get him out with the ball. I will always play the game hard and sometime loose control but i would never let my club even think of doing what i saw on saturday. Even 2 of there supports were disgusted with what they saw. With 1 player on report already and still the captain and shawcross to bat looks like we could be missing some players for the last round

Pissweak effort Scumshine heights

Sounds like i have a game to go to next week, when does the captain bat. As for the umpires decision wouldn,t it be a dead ball if there is no run being attemped. As for sunshine heights i dont understand why they would do it from what i have seen St Marys are a good bunch of blokes that dont mind a drink from what is writen here they will not be spending there money in sunshine could be a big loss for the club's bar. and the match has NO outcome on the finals this year. Im sorry but i dont understand why they have done this. Can some preferably from sunshine or St Mary answer "why" this match meant some much to Sunshine heights that they were happy to get a bad name around the competition just to win this game.

Keep your chins up St Marys i will have a esky full of beer for you guys come finals time. Great bunch of blokes to drink with

Blue and gold army;387562 said:
Sounds like i have a game to go to next week, when does the captain bat. As for the umpires decision wouldn,t it be a dead ball if there is no run being attemped. As for sunshine heights i dont understand why they would do it from what i have seen St Marys are a good bunch of blokes that dont mind a drink from what is writen here they will not be spending there money in sunshine could be a big loss for the club's bar. and the match has NO outcome on the finals this year. Im sorry but i dont understand why they have done this. Can some preferably from sunshine or St Mary answer "why" this match meant some much to Sunshine heights that they were happy to get a bad name around the competition just to win this game.

Keep your chins up St Marys i will have a esky full of beer for you guys come finals time. Great bunch of blokes to drink with

Yeah it sounds like pretty poor form to me. We had problems when we played against them too. They are on a different level to most teams and know nothing about sportsmanship.

It would have taken only one of their players to speak up after the appeal and call the batsman back.

I'm with the St Mary's boys on this one. Our blokes won't be joining these Sunshine tip-rats for a beer after the game either anytime soon.

mmvca;387551 said:
I wasnt referring to the bouncer as unsportsmanlike, i was referring to the Zimmer wicket.

Go back and re-read my post ffs.

MMVCA, I can understand that you are upset with what happened but if you want to abuse me for simply making a comment on one of your post then that's poor form. I am not a fan of abuse when people do not look at the facts.

I was in the middle of posting my comments before your comments on Zimmer's wicket was up. If you look at the time stamps there was only 3 minutes between the two post. Your first comments only specified that Sunny Heights were unsportsmanlike with no explanation but went on to say they were arrogant enough to bounce a 14 year old. IMO, your first post seemed to say it was unsportsmanlike to bounce a 14 year old amongst other things Sunny Heights did during the game.

You would be surprised to find that I totally agree with you that appealing when the batsman picks ups or catches the ball when it is pretty much dead is unsportsmanlike. In fact, in our game against Glenroy on the weekend, their batsman had a habit of picking up the ball and throwing it to our fields man as soon as they dead batted the ball. On a couple of occasions, our fielders were running in to get the ball while their batsman were out of their crease, but they picked up the ball and threw it to the fielder. At no stage did we appeal for obstruction even through there was a wishful chance of an attempted run out. It's probably not as dramatic as the Zimmer dismissal but a similar scenario all the same.

Hirdy's Back;387553 said:
Well in my eyes that is a disgracefull thing for a club to do and the captain is pissweak to let the decision stand. I bet the Umpire wasn't happy with them appealing either, but under the letter of the law probably had to give it out if they gave a genuine appeal.

Maybe the umpire should have said not out as he was stopping the ball from hittig his body.

Not good when things like this happen to ruin a clubs reputation and this most certainly will.
cant ruin what you dont have and will never get

Taser Gun;387565 said:
Yeah it sounds like pretty poor form to me. We had problems when we played against them too. They are on a different level to most teams and know nothing about sportsmanship.

It would have taken only one of their players to speak up after the appeal and call the batsman back.

I'm with the St Mary's boys on this one. Our blokes won't be joining these Sunshine tip-rats for a beer after the game either anytime soon.

These blokes have a known history for being dead beats and showing poor sportsmanship. To hear this does not surprise me, its only a matter of time before it results in an all in brawl.
You would think with most of these guys working and dealing with the public (7/11s & Taxi Drivers) that they would try to fit in a little better with the current Australian / Indian relationship but all they do is pour more fuel on the flames and cry "Poor Us".
Could be that these guys need to do a course on good sportsmanship and how to play fair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back