MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Komodo Dragon;331054 said:
Congratulations to East Coburg on their wooden spoon. Clearly the worst side all season and a deserving winner.

Premiership market :

St Mary's 6/4
St Andrews 5/2
West Coburg 5/1
Glenroy 6/1

KD, may take some of your 6's, right at the moment they are the form side with St Marys- should be a great games on Sat/Sun might think Glenroy west Coburg granny, Don't write of Andrews just yet though

Congratulations to East Coburg on their wooden spoon. Clearly the worst side all season and a deserving winner.

Premiership market :

St Mary's 6/4
St Andrews 5/2
West Coburg 5/1
Glenroy 6/1

Thats a bit harsh KD on our boys! we were disappointing though, especially after being finalists last year!

Guru14;331078 said:
KD, may take some of your 6's, right at the moment they are the form side with St Marys- should be a great games on Sat/Sun might think Glenroy west Coburg granny, Don't write of Andrews just yet though

Guru i see you were run out for a duck on saturday by B Pallini, how on earth did you allow that to happen!??

RooBoy;331103 said:
Thats a bit harsh KD on our boys! we were disappointing though, especially after being finalists last year!

Hi mate, still can't talk about it! Suffice to say when the captain calls a run usually the soon to be seconds player should honour it and not stand in his crease watching the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett ended up with the ball and basically tossed it back to the bowler I wouldn't consider it to me 'his' runout- more so 'our' runout:mad:

as some people may know i am a fan of the mmvca and take great intrest in the results of st andrews. however, i never get to see any games and am keen to hear peoples thought on who will be the stars of the finals and who do each team need to fire. i know st andrews will rely on pauly and scotty to knock the top order over and allow gav and the like to apply pressure to the remaining batsmen but im not sure about their batting. niffty and gav have been on fire this year but is two batsmen enough to win 2 finals. can marinos, jolley, ryno chrissy and the boys put together a good couple of games and score the run we all know they are capable of. if they can do that they will be very hard to stop.
who r their biggest threats and are the bowling attacks good enough to keep their batting line up under raps.
my pick is jimmy marinos to have a big couple of games, i give jim a hard time but he has the right attitude and ability to succed in big games especially if he is lumped with extra responsiability.
come on andrews and hope u guys get to see some good cricket played amongst good blokes

Thanks KD. Not that you would have a clue regarding what we went through at the club this year.

The guys we were able to get on the park gave their all. Not easy when you are decimated with injuries, availabilities and not to mention player turn over for a host of reasons.

We had to go to the extent of giving a walk over in our one day side one week - I think only the 2nd one in our VERY long history. Which means we had all those other players help out by playing in a grade above where they normally would.

There no excuses and I accept the criticism that comes my way.

The probs above - I am sure every club has. We need to deal with it and re-build - AND WE WILL.

To give you an idea - we have had over 25 players come in and out of the A-grade this year including a fair few of the kids we have tried to get some exposure into.

I am not going to sit here and make excuses - so pot away from behind your screen and alias.

I will take it.

putabellintheball;331134 said:
Thanks KD. Not that you would have a clue regarding what we went through at the club this year.

The guys we were able to get on the park gave their all. Not easy when you are decimated with injuries, availabilities and not to mention player turn over for a host of reasons.

We had to go to the extent of giving a walk over in our one day side one week - I think only the 2nd one in our VERY long history. Which means we had all those other players help out by playing in a grade above where they normally would.

There no excuses and I accept the criticism that comes my way.

The probs above - I am sure every club has. We need to deal with it and re-build - AND WE WILL.

To give you an idea - we have had over 25 players come in and out of the A-grade this year including a fair few of the kids we have tried to get some exposure into.

I am not going to sit here and make excuses - so pot away from behind your screen and alias.

I will take it.

putabellintheball,

If I was you I wouldn't be explaining yourselves to people who sit behind a computer and crictise other sides. East Coburg is a proud club and I hope they bounce back next year.
Good luck to all the 4 sides playing in the finals.
I'm going to be an ultimate fence sitter and say the follwoing:
-Callum and the boys. Best of luck as you deserve it finishing 1st.
-St Mary's best of luck and hopefully you guys can remember the hurt from last year and go one better
-Glenroy, most in form side and will bring problems to there opponents
-St Andrews, hope you boys prove all the doubters wrong.
Who is going to win??? The teams that bat there full amount of overs.

Guru14;331115 said:
Where do you think the games will be this week boys!

as far as im informed it's on the Home ground bases but really does home ground adv really give you an advantage?

Bite me;331146 said:
as far as im informed it's on the Home ground bases but really does home ground adv really give you an advantage?

Depends on the ground? Morris has been disgraceful all year and was on of the worst wickets we played on all year, and HG Smith I would think should be ok without having played there. West Coburg would have a handy advantage against anyone else but I think the wicket quite possibly will bring St Andrews right into contention. St Marys Glenroy will be a cracker

I hope this weather forecast doesn't effect the outcomes of the games on Saturday

Forecast for Tuesday
Cloudy. A shower or two. Raised dust during the afternoon. The chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Winds northerly averaging 60 to 80 km/h tending cooler westerly 50 to 70 km/h by early evening.
Min20Max31
Forecast for Wednesday
Cloudy. A few showers. Winds west to northwesterly averaging 25 to 40 km/h increasing to up to 50 km/h during the morning.
Min11Max19
Forecast for Thursday
Cloudy. A shower or two. Winds west to southwesterly averaging 25 to 40 km/h.
10Max20
Forecast for Friday
Cloudy. A shower or two. Winds south to southwesterly averaging 20 to 30 km/h.
Min13Max20
Forecast for Saturday
Partly cloudy. A shower or two during the morning. Winds northeast to southeasterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h.
.Min12Max24
Forecast for Sunday
Cloudy. A shower or two. Winds north to northeasterly averaging 20 to 30 km/h tending north to northwesterly during the evening.

Guru14;331111 said:
Hi mate, still can't talk about it! Suffice to say when the captain calls a run usually the soon to be seconds player should honour it and not stand in his crease watching the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett ended up with the ball and basically tossed it back to the bowler I wouldn't consider it to me 'his' runout- more so 'our' runout:mad:[/QUOTE Waste of year NUMBNUTS head back to the comp you came from Merlo will turn yet another C.C over your just another number!

cdca;331205 said:
Guru14;331111 said:

Brett ended up with the ball and basically tossed it back to the bowler I wouldn't consider it to me 'his' runout- more so 'our' runout:mad:[/QUOTE Waste of year NUMBNUTS head back to the comp you came from Merlo will turn yet another C.C over your just another number!

I've been waiting for you all weekend CDCA, and all i can say is that you have disappointed me with your response. Let's look at the facts, obviously your from pacco, and obviously you did quite well in this game and if you are who I think your are you've got more to worry about than what I'm doing next year. Yet another unsuccessful, no result year for pacco which is pretty much the norm. It's amazing how your such a 'student' of the game but you are yet to come up with a reason why pacco are such under achievers, how can they achieve anything when they have knuckle heads like yourself more concerned about everyone else than their own game. Let's look at the wasted season at Merlo- Last to Fifth, won more than they lost, played some kids and exposed some real talent, moving in the right direction. A semi would have been a bonus but you've got to start somewhere. I will be at Merlo next year even it it's just as a player so i look forward to playing against you again luna park. maybe if your heart was as big as your mouth the club would be doing a little better and moving forward instead of being 'no where' again this year.

Guru14;331227 said:
cdca;331205 said:
I've been waiting for you all weekend CDCA, and all i can say is that you have disappointed me with your response. Let's look at the facts, obviously your from pacco, and obviously you did quite well in this game and if you are who I think your are you've got more to worry about than what I'm doing next year. Yet another unsuccessful, no result year for pacco which is pretty much the norm. It's amazing how your such a 'student' of the game but you are yet to come up with a reason why pacco are such under achievers, how can they achieve anything when they have knuckle heads like yourself more concerned about everyone else than their own game. Let's look at the wasted season at Merlo- Last to Fifth, won more than they lost, played some kids and exposed some real talent, moving in the right direction. A semi would have been a bonus but you've got to start somewhere. I will be at Merlo next year even it it's just as a player so i look forward to playing against you again luna park. maybe if your heart was as big as your mouth the club would be doing a little better and moving forward instead of being 'no where' again this year.

Guru, Who are you to judge??? Thats a huge call to say Pacco are no where again, considering you have been in the comp 1 year, have a little more respect for your oppenents and the players in this competition....did you forget?? You did lose to a club that in your own pathetic opinion is going no where.

:mad:before you run your mouth guru14 go and read cdca previous post and see who he supports or plays for bet he doesn't play at pascoe vale

Its that time of year again!

West Coburg v St Andrews;

West Coburg- Batting is no good, but bowling is quality. If they dont keep St Andrews under 220, they wont win.

St Andrews- Need to win the toss and bat first. 220 or more and they win easily. If they bowl first i cant see them winning. Call it a gut feel.

St Marys v Glenroy;

St Marys- Will need 250+ to win the game. Need more out of Brown, Hunter, and King. Harris Zimmer and Cacchine ( spelling ) all got runs last week, but i dont think they are capable of doing it two weeks in a row.

Glenroy- Lucky to be there, but are the form side ATM, and are always dangerous. The danger is still Parker, so if he goes early, then a bit of panic tends to set in.

Having said all that, i think it will be a repeat of last years GF. I dont think West Coburg even believe themselves they can win, and St Andrews are a proven side come March. St Marys have been talking bout redemption all year, and will be switched on to avoid a repeat of last year, and Glenroy i just dont think are good enough just yet.

In the washup of all that crap i just wrote, i think St Marys have shown this year that they have the goods, ( unfortunately ), so i cant go past them for this years flag.

Guru14;331227 said:
cdca;331205 said:

You must of researched oppositoin batsmen with that obvous lack of brain power lol! Do yourself a favour NUMBNUTS head back to the shitfull comp you came from and try and improve on your disgracefull season! An average of 14.9 with 15 wickets MONEY WELL SPENT MERLO LOL!!!

slipofthetongue;331293 said:
Guru14;331227 said:
Guru, Who are you to judge??? Thats a huge call to say Pacco are no where again, considering you have been in the comp 1 year, have a little more respect for your oppenents and the players in this competition....did you forget?? You did lose to a club that in your own pathetic opinion is going no where.

I know I would uninformed about every club in the comp before I played in it. Whether I'm in the comp for 1 year or 15 years do think I wouldn't be told and know about each club. i congratulated Pacco on their batting and unfortunately we weren't good enough on the day to win the game. We had our juniors step up but our output from our senior players was down. Those days happen, I think the guys will strive harder to make a mends because it was the change to play finals that went begging. We will better for it

Few points i think St Andrew's will need to Bowl 1st on Sat as i believe Smoke is having his engagement party Sat night, So there may be a few sore heads come Sun and if the weather permitting St Andrew's will prevail as they were very strong in last season's finals and you can't beat experience and they believe they can knock West Coburg....

Glenroy well Parker is the key obv, if he does get going a very hard man to stop but is 1 man enough to win you a final?

Lets hope the weather doesn't play a part in the outcome otherwise
St Mary's v West Coburg Granny.

Hirdy05_;331070 said:
You dissappointed KD?

The Socials get to stay (if there's a comp) in A Turf.

Nah happy for the Socials to stay Hirdy. Although disappointing this season I think you have more room for improvement than East...Interesting to see the battle for the spoon being fought out between two of last season's finalists, but as I mentioned earlier East wanted the cooking utensil more.

Bite Me, I noticed you were tipping a St Mary's/St Andrew's Final yesterday but now you are saying St Mary's and West Coburg ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back