MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

interesting! 230 may well be too much. i hope not. remember, i said marinos will stand up. go sainters!

West Coburg must have batted very well as that was the worst track that I inspected this morning. Very under prepared.

bomber27;334111 said:
West Coburg must have batted very well as that was the worst track that I inspected this morning. Very under prepared.

Isn't that a poor effort for finals by the council.

It was pretty good, but slow but played reasonably well.

Kyle said the West Boys did a lot of work to it so i assume it improved since you saw it in the morning.

Yesterday was a good day of hard finals cricket and lets hope today is the same.

old hack;334210 said:
Isn't that a poor effort for finals by the council.

It was pretty good, but slow but played reasonably well.

Kyle said the West Boys did a lot of work to it so i assume it improved since you saw it in the morning.

Yesterday was a good day of hard finals cricket and lets hope today is the same.

This is becoming more and more of a recurring statement. Second last game we had the pitch was not prepared at all. They must have been busy.

I think it needs to be discussed at the right levels to look at maybe having our own curators look after this responsibility. Pay less to the council as we are certainly not getting our value for money.

This is the finals for god sake.

Let the guys have a chance to show why they are the best 4 teams in the comp!

mmvca;334101 said:
Parker out. Chisolm 7/20 off 22 overs. Just could not hit that bloke off the square today.

This will seriously test the depth of the batting now. Saying that there is only 70 odd to get. Good luck to both teams.

Had a look at both games today.

Glenroy got the runs 9 wkts down, Jon Grant, you are a disgrace. Stop talking to your mates on the boundary, and start concentrating on the game! Ha ha, you are responsible for your side missing the GF!

And FFNB, where are you loser? Cant defend 230 on a dodgy track! Ha ha, go West Coburg. NOT! HAHAHAHAHA

first up ton;334312 said:

Glenroy got the runs 9 wkts down, Jon Grant, you are a disgrace. Stop talking to your mates on the boundary, and start concentrating on the game! Ha ha, you are responsible for your side missing the GF!

And FFNB, where are you loser? Cant defend 230 on a dodgy track! Ha ha, go West Coburg. NOT! HAHAHAHAHA

Mate that is piss poor to blame one person for the side lossing today. with 132 on the board and Glenroy being 1 for 61 at the start of the day i think the St Marys boys put up a great fight but to blame one person for the loss shows why you were watching and not playing. Cricket is a team sport and if you want to blame some one look at the captain because it all starts at the top. I am proud of my boys for todays effort. The toss was always going to be the biggest play of the game. All in all well done to Glenroy and Warren all the best for next game

Also - know we chat mainly about the A grade here but a great B Grade semi against East Coburg and West Coburg saw two guys make great 100's. Robbo from Wests (maybe could have been the diff if he played in the one's?) and also CJ from Easts. Well done to both. Great knocks!

Gutsy Gutsy win from Easts!

Well done boys!

Glenroy boys having afternoon drinks to celebrate their victory and subsequent entry into the Grand Final. Johnny Grant welcome...

Kcricket, enjoy your mad monday as i now know you have a couple of weeks off, if you batted as well as you gobbed of you might have been playing in the main game. From the bloke you called a cheat.:mad:

kingkong;334534 said:
Kcricket, enjoy your mad monday as i now know you have a couple of weeks off, if you batted as well as you gobbed of you might have been playing in the main game. From the bloke you called a cheat.:mad:

Go Sainters. 4peat is on the cards. Wish I could be there to cheer you guys on.

Also good to see kcricket's ability still hasn't caught up with his mouth.

Bad luck to st mary's and west coburg, from all reports they have been great all year and were a bit unlucky to get the worst of the conditions in the semi's.

Hopefully, St Abdrews abilty and finals experience can get them home again.

Well we are there again should be a great game, with Glenroy being the form side after Xmas and us going for a 3peat. Once again I will say to all other clubs the method of playing in grand finals. Treat all players the same, look after their wifes and kids, have a safe and fun environment at the club. go the Saints

My Captain said:
Well we are there again should be a great game, with Glenroy being the form side after Xmas and us going for a 3peat. Once again I will say to all other clubs the method of playing in grand finals. Treat all players the same, look after their wifes and kids, have a safe and fun environment at the club. go the Saints

Here we go the StAndrews cricket forum i hope you blokes arent going to fill each others pockets all week! D,Jolley lucky not to be rubbed out!! GO ROYS!!

Good w/e of cricket. We just werent good enough in the end to win. Congrats Warren and Dave.

All the best to all sides in the GF's this w/e.

first up ton;334312 said:

Thats very harsh, as I can tell you for a fact John Grant trains harder then any one @ St.Mary's.
131 that was the problem.

cdca;334648 said:
Here we go the StAndrews cricket forum i hope you blokes arent going to fill each others pockets all week! D,Jolley lucky not to be rubbed out!! GO ROYS!!

whats the goss here? What took place?

cdca;334648 said:

Ok lets look forward then into tips for the game.

St Andrews or Glenroy and why? Name performers and smokies (no not just Paul) who may come out of the shadows to get their team over the line. Seen something that points to a player stepping up?

kingy;334887 said:
Thats very harsh, as I can tell you for a fact John Grant trains harder then any one @ St.Mary's.
131 that was the problem.

Kingy. Aaron Edrich lazy 6 fa and a grand final place- I would think they should go up now. What happened with Johnny grant on the weekend, it appears some blokes are after some blood!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back