mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

NWCA VET;218145 said:
Our comp will be around alot longer than yours and im sure our talent would put yours to shame

Why do you guys keep up with this 'my dick is bigger than yours' crap? Who cares who is better. Is it really that important?

and yes NWCA hack, that's why your comp is so desperate to merge. I don't mind when people who know something speak but thinking you know something when you just a dumb arse makes know sense.

Just received an email from the president of Haig, with the updates for the year:

"We have re-signed Bob Kunesevic as playing coach this year.
We have re-signed club champ and best & fairest Tim Stevenson.
We have signed a new captain for A grade – Imran Khan.
Daniel Filev is returning to the club after a few years trying to find
himself."

Wish the club best of luck for the year.

Fresh_Prince;218386 said:
Just received an email from the president of Haig, with the updates for the year:

We have signed a new captain for A grade – Imran Khan.Daniel Filev is returning to the club after a few years trying to find
himself."

Is Imran Khan, the same player that played for Batman St Marks about seven or eight years ago. I think he then went to District Cricket. If so, he was a very handy bowler.

bomber27;218398 said:
Is Imran Khan, the same player that played for Batman St Marks about seven or eight years ago. I think he then went to District Cricket. If so, he was a very handy bowler.

That's the one. Coached in Sunbury last year and played for Carlton before that. Handy pick up. He is good mates with Bob and Tim.
Lets hope they continue to improve..
I believe Ben Luc and Khalid Alloch are trying out district. But knowing the coach he will continue to promote youth into the A's.
Question to all. Last year Kunesevic coped a bagging for playing kids in A-Turf (on this very forum) who were clearly not up to it.Do you think it was the way to go?
I know I wasn't impressed but it seems it has worked with these 2 boys.
Like to hear other peoples views.

We have signed a new captain for A grade – Imran Khan.
Daniel Filev is returning to the club after a few years trying to find
himself."

Fresh_Prince;218401 said:
That's the one. Coached in Sunbury last year and played for Carlton before that. Handy pick up. He is good mates with Bob and Tim.
I believe Ben Luc and Khalid Alloch are trying out district. But knowing the coach he will continue to promote youth into the A's.
Question to all. Last year Kunesevic coped a bagging for playing kids in A-Turf (on this very forum) who were clearly not up to it.Do you think it was the way to go?

Wouldn't worry about some of the opinions on this forum. Playing the young guys is the only way to go, especially if your club is struggling. We could have played all older guys last season and finished middle of the road or do what we did and play the young blokes and end up where we did. This will only benefit us in the long run. From our best 22 players from last season, 12 were under the age of 20. This all goes well for the future.

Watched Ben Luc against our boys in the Under 16 GF and he was very impressive.

Good to see things are looking up at Haig.

Fresh_Prince;218386 said:

We have signed a new captain for A grade – Imran Khan.Daniel Filev is returning to the club after a few years trying to find
himself."

bomber27;218398 said:

mmvca;218170 said:
Why do you guys keep up with this 'my dick is bigger than yours' crap? Who cares who is better. Is it really that important?

totally agree with you. There are great players in all competitions around Australia. Everyone plays for different reasons

Fresh_Prince;218401 said:

Wouldn't worry about some of the opinions on this forum. Playing the young guys is the only way to go, especially if your club is struggling. We could have played all older guys last season and finished middle of the road or do what we did and play the young blokes and end up where we did. This will only benefit us in the long run. From our best 22 players from last season, 12 were under the age of 20. This all goes well for the future.

mmvca;218170 said:

totally agree with you. There are great players in all competitions around Australia. Everyone plays for different reasons

Very good answer Bomber..
I recently heard you guys signed up Roger Murray from Aberfeldie? Any truth to this? If that is the case, the club has done well as he is a very good communicater and will develop your young guys in your side. Best of luck.
Fresh_prince, I feel the biggest problem facing the coach at Haig is the culture but it seems they are doing their best to turn things around. They improved last year with the young guys and they recruited over the winter so we will wait and see how they go.
I heard Kunesevic was leaving from a reliable source.(link to a VTCA job)
Any other coaching/player movements lads?
Barkley Street? (Coach)
West Coburg signed Callum Appleyard which is a push in the right direction as he knows all his players. It is good to see a club boy getting the honour of coaching.
Socals? Any changes this year guys?
Sunshine Heights? I heard Sammy is gone, can anyone confirm this?

Looking forwrad to some Cricket chat lads.. Only a 4mths away now :)))

bomber27;218404 said:

Pudd;218803 said:
I recently heard you guys signed up Roger Murray from Aberfeldie? Any truth to this? If that is the case, the club has done well as he is a very good communicater and will develop your young guys in your side. Best of luck.
Fresh_prince, I feel the biggest problem facing the coach at Haig is the culture but it seems they are doing their best to turn things around. They improved last year with the young guys and they recruited over the winter so we will wait and see how they go.
Barkley Street? (Coach)
West Coburg signed Callum Appleyard which is a push in the right direction as he knows all his players. It is good to see a club boy getting the honour of coaching.
Sunshine Heights? I heard Sammy is gone, can anyone confirm this?Looking forwrad to some Cricket chat lads.. Only a 4mths away now :)))

Your info is correct there Pudd. We are very happy to have Roger Murray on board as our club coach for the upcoming season.
Over the past several seasons we have appointed our coach from within the club. We felt it was time to get someone from outside the club who can bring with them some new ideas and just spark up the place a bit.

Haven't heard anything about Sammy leaving, but if he did you could imagine there would several other players probaly also going from there first eleven.

Coaches appointed so far for next season:

Merlynston Hadfield - R.Murray
West Coburg - C.Appleyard
Haig Amateurs - B.Kunesevic

Glenroy - Ward has stepped down / are looking
St Andrews - Jolley has stepped down / Are looking
St Marys - Hunter has stepped down / I believe they have someone.
Barkly St Uniting - Are looking
Pascoe Vale - Are looking / Will probaly appoint Terra again

East Coburg - ???
Socials - ???
Sunshine Hts - ???
St Francis - ???

Please feel free to add guys. Not much else happening at the moment.

Any player recruits?

Barkley Street? (Coach)

bomber27;218404 said:

Pudd;218803 said:
Barkley Street? (Coach)

Hello Boys

The FOS has had his couple of months off and now it is time to start the ball rolling in the pursuit of strengthening what is already a formidible team.
I have been busy behind the scenes and will make some announcements in the coming months which will enhance the overall strength of the Saints.
New names and old names available, says good things in the coming season and look forward to many discussions with all concerned

F.O.S

Pudd;218803 said:
Barkley Street? (Coach)
Sunshine Heights? I heard Sammy is gone, can anyone confirm this?Looking forwrad to some Cricket chat lads.. Only a 4mths away now :)))

Your info is correct there Pudd. We are very happy to have Roger Murray on board as our club coach for the upcoming season.
Over the past several seasons we have appointed our coach from within the club. We felt it was time to get someone from outside the club who can bring with them some new ideas and just spark up the place a bit.

Haven't heard anything about Sammy leaving, but if he did you could imagine there would several other players probaly also going from there first eleven.

F.O.S;218811 said:
Hello Boys

The FOS has had his couple of months off and now it is time to start the ball rolling in the pursuit of strengthening what is already a formidible team.
I have been busy behind the scenes and will make some announcements in the coming months which will enhance the overall strength of the Saints.
New names and old names available, says good things in the coming season and look forward to many discussions with all concerned

F.O.S

Welcome back mate and look forwrad to some good debates/chat on this forum.
Just a suggestion , why don't we keep this forum just about cricket talk (rumour, discussion on results recruiting ect) and keep the personal insults to other forums.
Just an idea.

Coaches appointed so far for next season:

Merlynston Hadfield - R.Murray
West Coburg - C.Appleyard
Haig Amateurs - B.Kunesevic

Glenroy - Ward has stepped down / are looking
St Andrews - Jolley has stepped down / Are looking
St Marys - Hunter has stepped down / I believe they have someone.
Barkly St Uniting - Are looking
Pascoe Vale - Are looking / Will probaly appoint Terra again

East Coburg - ???
Socials - ???
Sunshine Hts - ???
St Francis - ???

Please feel free to add guys. Not much else happening at the moment.

Any player recruits?

bomber27;218808 said:

Good luck Bomber with your appointment, I'm sure he will bring a wealth of knowleadge and experence to your club.

Pudd;218803 said:
Barkley Street? (Coach)

Hello Boys

F.O.S

Pudd;218813 said:
Just a suggestion , why don't we keep this forum just about cricket talk (rumour, discussion on results recruiting ect) and keep the personal insults to other forums.
Just an idea.

No problems there and look forward to chatting down the track.

Will still have to keep my blokes on their toes occasionally,but we should never get personal and use the forum for what it is originally set up for!!!!!

Positive things happening at St Andrews, but not the time yet for discussion with all and sundry.

Good call

F.O.S

F.O.S;218811 said:
Hello Boys

F.O.S

Just an idea.

Pudd;218813 said:
Just a suggestion , why don't we keep this forum just about cricket talk (rumour, discussion on results recruiting ect) and keep the personal insults to other forums.Just an idea.

Except for whatnogood

bomber27;218808 said:

Good luck Bomber with your appointment, I'm sure he will bring a wealth of knowleadge and experence to your club.

F.O.S;218811 said:
Hello Boys

F.O.S
F.O.S

Are you managing the same lucky few this year? Has you phone been ringing off the hook with players wanting the big deals that only you can do?

I hope you have room for me in the salary cap mate, I might have to ask all the guys on here that know more about our club than we do what are we up to.

I thought we had lost a few players and we might struggle next year.

Pudd;218813 said:
Just an idea.

No problems there and look forward to chatting down the track.

Will still have to keep my blokes on their toes occasionally,but we should never get personal and use the forum for what it is originally set up for!!!!!

Positive things happening at St Andrews, but not the time yet for discussion with all and sundry.

Good call

F.O.S

old hack;218989 said:
F.O.S

Are you managing the same lucky few this year? Has you phone been ringing off the hook with players wanting the big deals that only you can do?

I hope you have room for me in the salary cap mate, I might have to ask all the guys on here that know more about our club than we do what are we up to.

I thought we had lost a few players and we might struggle next year.

Touche Old Hack !!!!!

You and all concerned know F.O.S has his finger on the pulse and will not sit on his hands in the pursuit of strengthening of our Club.
There is no question about your ability and you will only improve(on and off the field) by becoming one of the boys in my stable.
It will be difficult this coming year fitting all new and old players in the salary cap,but the pursuit of success will certainly help in the negoiations.

Big names,good blokes and more to come in the very near future !!!!!!!!!

F.O.S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back