mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Fresh_Prince;288828 said:
1/19 impressive.
Question please don't take this the wrong way but if 1/19 off 14 overs is unplayabale then what was Stevenson's 5/29 off 16 overs like?

stevenson was bowling well. maybe a little short at times. but the pitch was damp early on and the ball was cutting around everywhere.

1/19 impressive.
Question please don't take this the wrong way but if 1/19 off 14 overs is unplayabale then what was Stevenson's 5/29 off 16 overs like?

stevenson was bowling well. maybe a little short at times. but the pitch was damp early on and the ball was cutting around everywhere.

1/19 impressive.

look mate...ive played a grade in this comp and VTCA for last 15 years and im telling u cooky is bowling unbelievable atm.
He got haigs captain who is a decent bat to play and miss an entire over, at the end of the over Bob just shook his head and said his bowling is unbelievable.
Im not saying he has been the best bowler in the comp in seasons gone by, but, right now his bowling would be at least the equal of Newtons but all these teams will find out for themselves when we play them.

And barks is a close friend, i laugh in here how some people can assure such and such wont be playing. I remember at the start of the year some ppl told me cooky wouldnt be playing at West this year, even though I was speaking to him on prettymuch a daily basis and I knew 100% he was playing

Barks WILL be playing after xmas as long as his injuries are ok. Talk of football committments or fallings out at West are plain wrong

1/19 impressive.

look mate...ive played a grade in this comp and VTCA for last 15 years and im telling u cooky is bowling unbelievable atm.
He got haigs captain who is a decent bat to play and miss an entire over, at the end of the over Bob just shook his head and said his bowling is unbelievable.
Im not saying he has been the best bowler in the comp in seasons gone by, but, right now his bowling would be at least the equal of Newtons but all these teams will find out for themselves when we play them.

And barks is a close friend, i laugh in here how some people can assure such and such wont be playing. I remember at the start of the year some ppl told me cooky wouldnt be playing at West this year, even though I was speaking to him on prettymuch a daily basis and I knew 100% he was playing

Barks WILL be playing after xmas as long as his injuries are ok. Talk of football committments or fallings out at West are plain wrong

mmvca now that you have joined on the exec's committee will you need some yellow pages to sit on so you can see over the other side of the table?
There would be nothing worse than putting your point across and no one being able to see you but hearing a voice!
Give me a holla if you would like me to give you some, i ahve a heap of them stacked in my garage!!;)

mmvca now that you have joined on the exec's committee will you need some yellow pages to sit on so you can see over the other side of the table?
There would be nothing worse than putting your point across and no one being able to see you but hearing a voice!
Give me a holla if you would like me to give you some, i ahve a heap of them stacked in my garage!!;)

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;288861 said:

Oh Champagne comedy.

Grab one of those Yellowpages and look under "P" Look up "Psychiatry" and give them a call.

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;288861 said:

Oh Champagne comedy.

Grab one of those Yellowpages and look under "P" Look up "Psychiatry" and give them a call.

wetdeck;288577 said:
apparently big bad brett pallini has reported gary hueston.
bretty tried to put his two bob in when gary was talking to the captains, and gary told him where to go!

good on him.

Guys, in relation to the Brett, Gary & Al saga, the exact same thing happened to our team a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunately the umpire at that time did nothing about it. Who cares what Brett has done in the past (i think we all appreciate the time and effort he put in), but currently he is just a player like everyone else, and therefore needs to conform to the rules like everyone else. If the umpires need to speak with the Captains, then so be it. The umpires do a great job most times, although they are prone to the odd error from time to time, but as cricketers we all make them. I am 100% in the umpires corner on this one. Well done Gary & Al

wetdeck;288577 said:
apparently big bad brett pallini has reported gary hueston.
bretty tried to put his two bob in when gary was talking to the captains, and gary told him where to go!

good on him.

Guys, in relation to the Brett, Gary & Al saga, the exact same thing happened to our team a couple of weeks ago, and unfortunately the umpire at that time did nothing about it. Who cares what Brett has done in the past (i think we all appreciate the time and effort he put in), but currently he is just a player like everyone else, and therefore needs to conform to the rules like everyone else. If the umpires need to speak with the Captains, then so be it. The umpires do a great job most times, although they are prone to the odd error from time to time, but as cricketers we all make them. I am 100% in the umpires corner on this one. Well done Gary & Al

GeeCeeCee;288891 said:

Screw'em!!!!

GeeCeeCee;288891 said:

Screw'em!!!!

wal05;288536 said:
i would say after facing newton and wernam and the boys from st. andrews that they are as good if not better. but thats just my opinion. who would you take in your team appleyard costelo or newton.
I would take costello every time. Better bat then the other 2 and virtuallly as good a bowler. Just my opinion they are all good players

wal05;288536 said:
i would say after facing newton and wernam and the boys from st. andrews that they are as good if not better. but thats just my opinion. who would you take in your team appleyard costelo or newton.
I would take costello every time. Better bat then the other 2 and virtuallly as good a bowler. Just my opinion they are all good players

old hack;288777 said:
Seems like it is a talking point every week mate. Let me worry about that.

Lets hope we can fix up the By Law that stops a young kid from bowling in the seniors. Lets get this fixed and not worry about some ones hat.

What does everyone think of this. Are we supposed to help young kids develop?

A young talented spinner cannot play seniors because of this ruling.

C17 RESTRICTIONS FOR UNDER-AGE BOWLERS

C17(1) Players who are aged 16 years or younger must not bowl more than 6 (six) overs in a spell and no more than 16 overs in a day. The daily limit includes all overs bowled in both Junior and Senior matches that day.
C17(2) The bowler must not bowl for at least twice as many overs as they bowled in the previous spell before starting another.

C17(3) An interruption in play does NOT constitute the beginning of a new spell. However, an over started on a new day shall be considered the first over of a new spell.

C17(4) A captain will mark the relevant player as “U17” on the teamsheet.

C17(5) A bowler who breaches the limit will not be permitted to bowl for the rest of the match.

This was meant to protect fast young bowlers from injury not spinners.

What a joke!!!!

This one I can't agree with you more. This By-Law was put at last years AGM by a club with juniors (which surprised me) and unfortunately my club put up a lonely fight to have this rule knocked back. It got passed easily, mainly on the basis that because other comps have it, then so should we.
I have always believed that this should be used as a guidance only and not be part of our by-laws.
Most decent bowlers (fast or slow) in the Under 16's will bowl there 12 overs in the morning, which leaves them only 4 for the afternoom. Who in there right is going to pick a bowler in there top couple of grades if they can only bowl 4 overs.
I think captains of your teams should have enough sense on how much is to much and be entrusted with the responsibility of looking after our younger players. I know our club does.
If this rule was in place 5 years ago , then players like Pittsy, Costello, Pipe, Trent Gleisner and probaly many more wouldn't have had the chance to play in a high grade while they were playing 16's. It definately would have effected their development as players.

Only solution Dave, is to put up at the next AGM that this rule is removed and hope some common sense prevails. Until then there is nothing we can do.

old hack;288777 said:

Lets hope we can fix up the By Law that stops a young kid from bowling in the seniors. Lets get this fixed and not worry about some ones hat.

C17(1) Players who are aged 16 years or younger must not bowl more than 6 (six) overs in a spell and no more than 16 overs in a day. The daily limit includes all overs bowled in both Junior and Senior matches that day.
C17(2) The bowler must not bowl for at least twice as many overs as they bowled in the previous spell before starting another.

C17(3) An interruption in play does NOT constitute the beginning of a new spell. However, an over started on a new day shall be considered the first over of a new spell.

C17(5) A bowler who breaches the limit will not be permitted to bowl for the rest of the match.

What a joke!!!!

This one I can't agree with you more. This By-Law was put at last years AGM by a club with juniors (which surprised me) and unfortunately my club put up a lonely fight to have this rule knocked back. It got passed easily, mainly on the basis that because other comps have it, then so should we.
I have always believed that this should be used as a guidance only and not be part of our by-laws.
Most decent bowlers (fast or slow) in the Under 16's will bowl there 12 overs in the morning, which leaves them only 4 for the afternoom. Who in there right is going to pick a bowler in there top couple of grades if they can only bowl 4 overs.
I think captains of your teams should have enough sense on how much is to much and be entrusted with the responsibility of looking after our younger players. I know our club does.
If this rule was in place 5 years ago , then players like Pittsy, Costello, Pipe, Trent Gleisner and probaly many more wouldn't have had the chance to play in a high grade while they were playing 16's. It definately would have effected their development as players.

Only solution Dave, is to put up at the next AGM that this rule is removed and hope some common sense prevails. Until then there is nothing we can do.

bomber27;288908 said:

i think the main reason why these types of rules are now in place all over Australia is that it prpotects clubs and associations incase someone makes a legal case against them for bowling their son too long and doing injury.

Unfortunately this is the type of world we live in these days!!!!

bomber27;288908 said:

i think the main reason why these types of rules are now in place all over Australia is that it prpotects clubs and associations incase someone makes a legal case against them for bowling their son too long and doing injury.

RooBoy;288926 said:

Yeah must admit it has become a bit of a joke. We had a bloke called Tim Watson playing AFL at 15 remember. Quite pathetic really

RooBoy;288926 said:

Yeah must admit it has become a bit of a joke. We had a bloke called Tim Watson playing AFL at 15 remember. Quite pathetic really

Can't bowl can't bat;288871 said:
Oh Champagne comedy.

Cant bowl can't bat, maybe i could see the same doctor as you! He seems to have done wonders with you.

Can't bowl can't bat;288871 said:
Oh Champagne comedy.

Cant bowl can't bat, maybe i could see the same doctor as you! He seems to have done wonders with you.

wetdeck;288803 said:
you're a fool. barks is coming back.
it wasn't football committments keeping him out of cricket. it was a wrecked achilles.
get your facts straight and get a clue.

Perhaps he has told you guys that but perhaps it is because he doesn't like some certain individuals in your team that he is not playing!!!! as i have mentioned earlier it is great to see disharmony at west Coburg. maybe that's why you guys are still no good because u play as individuals and not as a team!! i say that you all should settle your differences and get barker playing again cos u need him. you cant let a difference in team mates opinion keep him out.

west Coburg = rabble

wetdeck;288803 said:
you're a fool. barks is coming back.
it wasn't football committments keeping him out of cricket. it was a wrecked achilles.
get your facts straight and get a clue.

Perhaps he has told you guys that but perhaps it is because he doesn't like some certain individuals in your team that he is not playing!!!! as i have mentioned earlier it is great to see disharmony at west Coburg. maybe that's why you guys are still no good because u play as individuals and not as a team!! i say that you all should settle your differences and get barker playing again cos u need him. you cant let a difference in team mates opinion keep him out.

west Coburg = rabble

Re: Covers

wal05;288517 said:
You'd like to officially write west off will u?!
Our batting is inconsistent, but, we will sort it out.
We have the best bowling in the comp by miles. I havent seen an attack that is even close to ours yet. Ask the St Marys boys what they think of Adams and Appleyard.
West will def be there in March and a huge chance to win the whole thing

yep the redbacks are no chance!! Batting is not good enough. Guys like Roberts will never be consistent run scorers, Pas is over rated, Whiteside thinks he is better than he is. Law hasnt got any shots. I rate greenwood, he can hold them together at times. portelli is too portly. nader thinks he is never out and is slow in the field. milky is hit or miss and will never stick around. Cal is a decent bowler but never really troubles me. Barker would help out but i hear he aint commin back.

all in all not good enough this season. sorry Jonty, maybe in a few years time!!

oh and there is no tars to carry all u guys that hurts. poor guy must have left due to a sore back and shoulders!!
Wal05 and Griffo...sounds like you both know the west coburg boys well in particular Nader (slow and a terrible personality) and Portelli. Relax a little on Pas he's only 16 and Law's 18....sounds like your clubs are oozing with gun youngsters.

wal05;288517 said:
You'd like to officially write west off will u?!
Our batting is inconsistent, but, we will sort it out.
We have the best bowling in the comp by miles. I havent seen an attack that is even close to ours yet. Ask the St Marys boys what they think of Adams and Appleyard.
West will def be there in March and a huge chance to win the whole thing

yep the redbacks are no chance!! Batting is not good enough. Guys like Roberts will never be consistent run scorers, Pas is over rated, Whiteside thinks he is better than he is. Law hasnt got any shots. I rate greenwood, he can hold them together at times. portelli is too portly. nader thinks he is never out and is slow in the field. milky is hit or miss and will never stick around. Cal is a decent bowler but never really troubles me. Barker would help out but i hear he aint commin back.

all in all not good enough this season. sorry Jonty, maybe in a few years time!!

oh and there is no tars to carry all u guys that hurts. poor guy must have left due to a sore back and shoulders!!
Wal05 and Griffo...sounds like you both know the west coburg boys well in particular Nader (slow and a terrible personality) and Portelli. Relax a little on Pas he's only 16 and Law's 18....sounds like your clubs are oozing with gun youngsters.

Cpt Caveman;288986 said:

i have had the opportunity to come up against Nader and Portelli on several occasions. Nader has never done a thing. portelli on the other hand made 30 or 40 once. overall he probably averages 13 against us when i have been playing. he is never out either which always allows me to have a chuckle to myself when he is given. Pas is young and may develop in the future but i don't think he has enough going for him at this stage. maybe they should play him in a lower grade so he is more comfortable and able to develop because he doesn't seem like he has what it takes for A grade yet. i think the young man needs to work on his attitude a little too. a little bit cocky for a kid with oh so much to learn. Law at 18 needs to start developing some shots or at least needs to learn to tick over the strike a little. from all i have seen he is too defensive and when your defence is not very good and your too defensive it means u never make many runs. i do encourage these young men though to continue and persist with it as long as they are having fun cos thats what this is all about isn't it???? well in west coburgs case winning a flag would be ok occasionally too. As for my club we have a good mix of aged veterans with a few handy youngsters. i wouldn't say we are oozing with them though and i would never put pressure on them by saying any of them are guns. i am happy with them to this point in the season though.

Cpt Caveman;288986 said:

i have had the opportunity to come up against Nader and Portelli on several occasions. Nader has never done a thing. portelli on the other hand made 30 or 40 once. overall he probably averages 13 against us when i have been playing. he is never out either which always allows me to have a chuckle to myself when he is given. Pas is young and may develop in the future but i don't think he has enough going for him at this stage. maybe they should play him in a lower grade so he is more comfortable and able to develop because he doesn't seem like he has what it takes for A grade yet. i think the young man needs to work on his attitude a little too. a little bit cocky for a kid with oh so much to learn. Law at 18 needs to start developing some shots or at least needs to learn to tick over the strike a little. from all i have seen he is too defensive and when your defence is not very good and your too defensive it means u never make many runs. i do encourage these young men though to continue and persist with it as long as they are having fun cos thats what this is all about isn't it???? well in west coburgs case winning a flag would be ok occasionally too. As for my club we have a good mix of aged veterans with a few handy youngsters. i wouldn't say we are oozing with them though and i would never put pressure on them by saying any of them are guns. i am happy with them to this point in the season though.

bomber27;288908 said:

Thanks for the support mate, I think the rule is to protect fast bowlers from back injuries not for spinners. Do I ask him not to bowl in the juniors and save him for seniors. Not far to him.

The thing about common sense is that it is not that common.

WE rang cricket victoria and they told us that it was all ok and the restrictions do not apply, then we were told that our comp by-laws over rule the cricket victoria. Can you help with this?

We will write an official letter to our comp and also cricket Victoria and also Cricket Australia and Media to draw attention to this sill by-law.

If I wait until the end of the year it will waste a year of his development and that is not far to him.

If there is any other suggestions by you and or anyone else please let me know your thoughts. I hope he can play with us for a year or 2 tops and then go to a higher level.

bomber27;288908 said:

Thanks for the support mate, I think the rule is to protect fast bowlers from back injuries not for spinners. Do I ask him not to bowl in the juniors and save him for seniors. Not far to him.

WE rang cricket victoria and they told us that it was all ok and the restrictions do not apply, then we were told that our comp by-laws over rule the cricket victoria. Can you help with this?

We will write an official letter to our comp and also cricket Victoria and also Cricket Australia and Media to draw attention to this sill by-law.

If I wait until the end of the year it will waste a year of his development and that is not far to him.

If there is any other suggestions by you and or anyone else please let me know your thoughts. I hope he can play with us for a year or 2 tops and then go to a higher level.

old hack;288777 said:

What a joke!!!!
Can anybody tell me why there are restrictions for young bowlers and not batsman and keepers, so as it is now a young keeper can stand behind the stumps all morning and then for 75 overs in the afternoon, all the time bending over, doing damage to his back and diving and getting sore or even broken fingers and hands. Also a young batsman can play in the mornings and then say open the batting and bat for 75 overs (if they are good enough) all the time some dumb fast bowler trying to knock their block off, and getting hit with the ball and say getting hurt or injured. And then you have got a young bowler that can only bowl 16 overs in a day (the morning +afternoon). No wonder there is not many good young bowlers around, and most clubs have to rely on the old and very old.

old hack;288777 said:

What a joke!!!!
Can anybody tell me why there are restrictions for young bowlers and not batsman and keepers, so as it is now a young keeper can stand behind the stumps all morning and then for 75 overs in the afternoon, all the time bending over, doing damage to his back and diving and getting sore or even broken fingers and hands. Also a young batsman can play in the mornings and then say open the batting and bat for 75 overs (if they are good enough) all the time some dumb fast bowler trying to knock their block off, and getting hit with the ball and say getting hurt or injured. And then you have got a young bowler that can only bowl 16 overs in a day (the morning +afternoon). No wonder there is not many good young bowlers around, and most clubs have to rely on the old and very old.

old hack;289039 said:

Do you really think that playing at this level will help him develop? and if so do you not think it will be at the detriment of your team?

old hack;289039 said:

Do you really think that playing at this level will help him develop? and if so do you not think it will be at the detriment of your team?

A.Hussey;288798 said:
i cant believe people are still crapping on about jimmys hat. the st mary's boys made a big deal about it in the final last year. why? who gives a s##t. please someone explain. surely you cant question a man commitment by looking at his hat. jim is a great club man. if he was wearing a santa hat i may be worried. come on lads.

also those under 17 rules are australian wide. qld cricket has it as a by law in all comps across the state. the also had restrictions on u/19's only bowling 8 over spells. i hope the lad goes well and handles the step up, but its a huge call no matter how good he is at his age.
Hussey I agree with you, all the talk about Jim he must be a superstar!!!!!!!!

A.Hussey;288798 said:
i cant believe people are still crapping on about jimmys hat. the st mary's boys made a big deal about it in the final last year. why? who gives a s##t. please someone explain. surely you cant question a man commitment by looking at his hat. jim is a great club man. if he was wearing a santa hat i may be worried. come on lads.

also those under 17 rules are australian wide. qld cricket has it as a by law in all comps across the state. the also had restrictions on u/19's only bowling 8 over spells. i hope the lad goes well and handles the step up, but its a huge call no matter how good he is at his age.
Hussey I agree with you, all the talk about Jim he must be a superstar!!!!!!!!

wal05;289062 said:

Yes we do!!

And no there will be no free rides in our team as we are not good enough to carry anyone, everyone needs to contribute for us to be competitive.

wal05;289062 said:

Yes we do!!

And no there will be no free rides in our team as we are not good enough to carry anyone, everyone needs to contribute for us to be competitive.

My Captain said:

Totally agree.

At the next AGM we might have to right up some more by-laws for the sake of it.

Cricket Victoria said this type of rule does not apply to spin bowlers.

But we have a by-law that conflicts with the advice given to us from Cricket Victoria.

My Captain said:

Totally agree.

At the next AGM we might have to right up some more by-laws for the sake of it.

Cricket Victoria said this type of rule does not apply to spin bowlers.

But we have a by-law that conflicts with the advice given to us from Cricket Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back