mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

bomber27;296257 said:
Harry, Are you guys down at St Marys cracking down on players who make silly posts on Big Cricket. I see both bcricket and kcricket have been dropped from the ones for tomorrow after being picked last week.:D

First i heard of it mate. I left training early on Wed to attend a meeting.:rolleyes:

bomber27;296257 said:
Harry, Are you guys down at St Marys cracking down on players who make silly posts on Big Cricket. I see both bcricket and kcricket have been dropped from the ones for tomorrow after being picked last week.:D

First i heard of it mate. I left training early on Wed to attend a meeting.:rolleyes:

mmvca;296259 said:

mmvca maybe they were dropped for making stupid comments on here, i am amazed that you have yet to been dropped for sucking up oppostion blokes behinds!

mmvca;296259 said:

mmvca maybe they were dropped for making stupid comments on here, i am amazed that you have yet to been dropped for sucking up oppostion blokes behinds!

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;296330 said:

My spaceship still has room.
I still need a couple of space cadets. You're definately qualified.

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;296330 said:

wetdeck;295365 said:
Time for some tips boys.

East Coburg v St Marys - easts haven't shown much this year.

St Andrews v West Coburg - game of the round, should be a ripper

St Francis de Sales v Sunshine Heights - danger game for st francis, should pull through

Pascoe Vale v The Socials - toss a coin?

Merlynston Hadfield v Glenroy - should be a good game, glenroy possibly have the better one day side?

Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club v Haig Amateurs - no comment...

East coburg for me if lister plays he will pile them on - i think he will be the difference, however if he doesnt play st mary's to get over the line

st andrews over wests - experience will play apart i think west coburgs batting lineup has depth but rely's on luck whereas saints have smarts, any team with john mihelakos in it is a joke

st franics over sunshine just, luck may push sunshine close

socials easily over happless pascoe

glenroy are a better team with better bowlers and better batsmen

barkely st would win outright in a day if allowed

wetdeck;295365 said:
Time for some tips boys.

East Coburg v St Marys - easts haven't shown much this year.

St Andrews v West Coburg - game of the round, should be a ripper

St Francis de Sales v Sunshine Heights - danger game for st francis, should pull through

Pascoe Vale v The Socials - toss a coin?

Merlynston Hadfield v Glenroy - should be a good game, glenroy possibly have the better one day side?

Barkly Street Uniting Church Cricket Club v Haig Amateurs - no comment...

East coburg for me if lister plays he will pile them on - i think he will be the difference, however if he doesnt play st mary's to get over the line

st andrews over wests - experience will play apart i think west coburgs batting lineup has depth but rely's on luck whereas saints have smarts, any team with john mihelakos in it is a joke

kingkong;296237 said:
Just as well taps doesnt care wat any1 else thinks. And heres my observation of you scooby, i bet you dont even play cricket, you wait on this site til you feel like taking shots at some1, and just on taps im pretty sure he had an ok season last year won the batting and bowling averages, (but you wouldn know that cause you only go on the last couple a games) played a little part in the grand final last year to i think. So scooby tell shaggy to take his hand out ya bum and stop using you as a hand puppet.

Wow mate, batting and bowling awards in a year where his club won the grand final. I would say that is a far effort.

Did Gave perform in the Grand Final?

I think he was the major batsmen in both innings!!

I reckon Gav is not a bad player, and not a bad bloke.

For any person without a brain please look up the last few games and judge everyone on those games. If you had any sense you will notice that guys who have made runs and taken wickets for many years have not lost it overnight just been starved for chances to show what they have shown for many previous years.

Scooby,

Keep bagging Gav or anyone else who has the score on the bored for many many years. I'll back Gav every time but what do I know.

You know who he is, no one knows who you are. Does this tell you something.

kingkong;296237 said:
Just as well taps doesnt care wat any1 else thinks. And heres my observation of you scooby, i bet you dont even play cricket, you wait on this site til you feel like taking shots at some1, and just on taps im pretty sure he had an ok season last year won the batting and bowling averages, (but you wouldn know that cause you only go on the last couple a games) played a little part in the grand final last year to i think. So scooby tell shaggy to take his hand out ya bum and stop using you as a hand puppet.

Wow mate, batting and bowling awards in a year where his club won the grand final. I would say that is a far effort.

For any person without a brain please look up the last few games and judge everyone on those games. If you had any sense you will notice that guys who have made runs and taken wickets for many years have not lost it overnight just been starved for chances to show what they have shown for many previous years.

Scooby,

Keep bagging Gav or anyone else who has the score on the bored for many many years. I'll back Gav every time but what do I know.

burrito;296412 said:

Have you watched any cricket this year:confused:

burrito;296412 said:

mmvca;296343 said:

LOL I may be qualified but you are no doubt in charge as the main commander with all your years of experience:eek:
Good luck today.

mmvca;296343 said:

LOL I may be qualified but you are no doubt in charge as the main commander with all your years of experience:eek:
Good luck today.

old hack;296492 said:

Scooby,

Your'e right OLD HACK, That does tell me something, I do know who he is, thats why i called him the Messiah, but unfortunately ppl get old and start losing the skills they once had and i dont think he is anywhere near his best right now and never will be again, Just like yourself. Its just an observation, which seems to me that the guys at St.Andrews cant handle very well, especially ifs its from someone outside your'e club,,, Making Them.

old hack;296492 said:

Scooby,

Your'e right OLD HACK, That does tell me something, I do know who he is, thats why i called him the Messiah, but unfortunately ppl get old and start losing the skills they once had and i dont think he is anywhere near his best right now and never will be again, Just like yourself. Its just an observation, which seems to me that the guys at St.Andrews cant handle very well, especially ifs its from someone outside your'e club,,, Making Them.

Originally Posted by Komodo Dragon
Yeah but I think my spray is warranted MMVCA.

I think St Francis and West Coburg are the leading candidates, to answer your question. They seem to have solid bowling attacks to support their batting line-ups.
I am not sold on St Mary's yet as they don't seem to be beating anyone of substance at the moment.
Barkly Street could threaten and Glenroy have some decent bats.
Merlo lack quality batsmen but have guys who can hang around, but that won't win them games.
Sunshine Heights I can't really comment on because I know little about them, and don't want to speculate, or make an uneducated analysis of them. However I can confirm Socials are shit.
Haig are rebuilding but have nothing to build with.
East Coburg need their captain to lift. If he does they may sneak a finals place, particularly if he can find the form that saw him play premier cricket some time ago.
Pacco will pick up their fair share of points as long as this weather continues.
And finally St Andrews. I guess they still need to be respected. Three in a row will be a fair effort but not sure if they still have the hunger. Recent performances suggest they haven't, and that they just expect it to happen for them

Hope you appreciate my insight MMVCA

Even though the bookies would have Merlo enter this rounds' game against Glenroy as favorites, I am prepared to declare the boys from Glenroy as 'good things'. Merlo have over-achieved thus far and would be content with where they sit currently on the ladder. They don't have the players to consistently win games and their current 'so-called' success will be fleeting. They have one decent opener and the rest have either failed or are yet to be exposed. Glenroy at least have the talent. I will be happy to accept criticism should I be proven wrong but I am prepared to put my balls on the line and say that Glenroy are certainties.

If only the bookies would accept bets on our competition...

Must agree somewhat. It is generally blokes from the same team applauding each-others' ability. In most cases St Andrews boys trying to reassure each-other that all is not as bad as it seems. The reality is though that they are on the ropes and are gasping for air. They can only pump eachother up for so long before it becomes a matter of...'Where did we go wrong ?'. Before we know it we will be hearing comments from the St Andrews boys like "we at least won 2 premierships in a row" and that "we were robbed"...blah blah blah. Try and be humble in your decline fellas' and start rebuilding for the future from today...
PS - And collectively, could you all stop saying "Write us off at your own peril". I have heard it about six times and it is becoming boring. Try and use another phrase you intellectual geniuses.

By the way, I have already written you off..

That was just a quick recap on some recent posts by 'the Dragon'. Time to sit back fellas' and start to recognise what 'the Dragon' has to say, and to give him the respect that he surely deserves

Yeah but I think my spray is warranted MMVCA.

I think St Francis and West Coburg are the leading candidates, to answer your question. They seem to have solid bowling attacks to support their batting line-ups.
I am not sold on St Mary's yet as they don't seem to be beating anyone of substance at the moment.
Barkly Street could threaten and Glenroy have some decent bats.
Merlo lack quality batsmen but have guys who can hang around, but that won't win them games.
Sunshine Heights I can't really comment on because I know little about them, and don't want to speculate, or make an uneducated analysis of them. However I can confirm Socials are shit.
Haig are rebuilding but have nothing to build with.
East Coburg need their captain to lift. If he does they may sneak a finals place, particularly if he can find the form that saw him play premier cricket some time ago.
Pacco will pick up their fair share of points as long as this weather continues.
And finally St Andrews. I guess they still need to be respected. Three in a row will be a fair effort but not sure if they still have the hunger. Recent performances suggest they haven't, and that they just expect it to happen for them

Hope you appreciate my insight MMVCA

Even though the bookies would have Merlo enter this rounds' game against Glenroy as favorites, I am prepared to declare the boys from Glenroy as 'good things'. Merlo have over-achieved thus far and would be content with where they sit currently on the ladder. They don't have the players to consistently win games and their current 'so-called' success will be fleeting. They have one decent opener and the rest have either failed or are yet to be exposed. Glenroy at least have the talent. I will be happy to accept criticism should I be proven wrong but I am prepared to put my balls on the line and say that Glenroy are certainties.

If only the bookies would accept bets on our competition...

Must agree somewhat. It is generally blokes from the same team applauding each-others' ability. In most cases St Andrews boys trying to reassure each-other that all is not as bad as it seems. The reality is though that they are on the ropes and are gasping for air. They can only pump eachother up for so long before it becomes a matter of...'Where did we go wrong ?'. Before we know it we will be hearing comments from the St Andrews boys like "we at least won 2 premierships in a row" and that "we were robbed"...blah blah blah. Try and be humble in your decline fellas' and start rebuilding for the future from today...
PS - And collectively, could you all stop saying "Write us off at your own peril". I have heard it about six times and it is becoming boring. Try and use another phrase you intellectual geniuses.

By the way, I have already written you off..

That was just a quick recap on some recent posts by 'the Dragon'. Time to sit back fellas' and start to recognise what 'the Dragon' has to say, and to give him the respect that he surely deserves

burrito;296412 said:

Socials easily over a happless pascoe, when are you lot going to stop writing us of as no good. hopeless, and no talent with inhouse fighting. Well we cannot be doing to much wrong at the moment = 4th gee a few of you might have egg on your face when we make the finals this season. Did i mentoin we are = 4th at the moment and full of confidents please keep writing us off its working well for us....

burrito;296412 said:

Socials easily over a happless pascoe, when are you lot going to stop writing us of as no good. hopeless, and no talent with inhouse fighting. Well we cannot be doing to much wrong at the moment = 4th gee a few of you might have egg on your face when we make the finals this season. Did i mentoin we are = 4th at the moment and full of confidents please keep writing us off its working well for us....

big bad gibbsy fires again after mummy brings down the subway, he needs to be drug tested what is in those subways....... Merry Christmas to all you champion cricketers in the mmvca,

big bad gibbsy fires again after mummy brings down the subway, he needs to be drug tested what is in those subways....... Merry Christmas to all you champion cricketers in the mmvca,

3D-503;296849 said:

Are you full of confidents or confidence?????? Can anyone tell me why Juice Newton didn't bowl yesterday, was he injured or were St Andrews making a statement;)

3D-503;296849 said:

Are you full of confidents or confidence?????? Can anyone tell me why Juice Newton didn't bowl yesterday, was he injured or were St Andrews making a statement;)

Guru14;296870 said:
newton did bowl yesterday but for some reason it is not shown on the website.
he didnt take a wicket, bowled 10 overs for 19 i fink.

Guru14;296870 said:
newton did bowl yesterday but for some reason it is not shown on the website.
he didnt take a wicket, bowled 10 overs for 19 i fink.

Guru14;296551 said:

Merlynston Hadfield
179 T Woods 79 WR Dix 3/24 D Ward 3/38 S Pipe 2/13
def by Glenroy
224 B Chisholm 67 W Parker 54 A Greaney 42 R Murray 5/27 T Gleisner 3/48

well done woodsy

but roger are you going to stop putting your team under pressure :confused:
good to see you got in the game mate

easts let themselves down yesterday, disappointing:(

Guru14;296551 said:

Merlynston Hadfield
def by Glenroy

well done woodsy

Komodo Dragon;296820 said:

[/I]

KD - i think you may have me confused with Lister :D I did play premier cricket but filling in once in the 4ths I think does not count as making it....lol

If you are not confused - I will take the compliment and agree completely that I need to lift.

I threw my wicket away yesterday and it was a shit shot. No excuses but the lady getting down to her Bra and streaking across the ground certainly did NOT help the concentration....LMAO

again - no excuses - shit shot when my team needed me.

More time the in nets to get the mind right.

Well done St Mary and especially Browny - top knock when it was needed.

Komodo Dragon;296820 said:

[/I]

KD - i think you may have me confused with Lister :D I did play premier cricket but filling in once in the 4ths I think does not count as making it....lol

If you are not confused - I will take the compliment and agree completely that I need to lift.

I threw my wicket away yesterday and it was a shit shot. No excuses but the lady getting down to her Bra and streaking across the ground certainly did NOT help the concentration....LMAO

again - no excuses - shit shot when my team needed me.

More time the in nets to get the mind right.

Well done St Mary and especially Browny - top knock when it was needed.

burrito;296908 said:
Merlynston Hadfield

Agreed. Got off to a great start with a few early wickets and had St Mary's on the ropes early but to their credit - they recovered and posted a competitve total.

We also got of too a terrible start and 2 caught behinds when they were not knicked never help but thats cricket.

Hurts when they happened to Gallo and Lister who have both had good returns this year for me. Hard to say how many runs that cost us.

Again - sometimes they go your way - sometimes they dont.

Young team this year and we will get settled - just taking a little longer than I would love but thats what happens when you have so many changes.

One thing I have noticed (correct me if I am wrong) but the teams at the tops seem to have very settled lists with little changes from week to week.

Regardless of whether they are young guns or old heads - settled teams will always get the job done.

Any thoughts?

burrito;296908 said:
Merlynston Hadfield

Agreed. Got off to a great start with a few early wickets and had St Mary's on the ropes early but to their credit - they recovered and posted a competitve total.

We also got of too a terrible start and 2 caught behinds when they were not knicked never help but thats cricket.

Hurts when they happened to Gallo and Lister who have both had good returns this year for me. Hard to say how many runs that cost us.

Again - sometimes they go your way - sometimes they dont.

Young team this year and we will get settled - just taking a little longer than I would love but thats what happens when you have so many changes.

One thing I have noticed (correct me if I am wrong) but the teams at the tops seem to have very settled lists with little changes from week to week.

Regardless of whether they are young guns or old heads - settled teams will always get the job done.

Any thoughts?

RooBoy;296052 said:
St Marys - should be too strong for E/Cob

West Cob - to bowl out St Andrews very cheaply, under 120

St Francis - will win easily

Socials - each way bet here, but a 1st win for Socials

Glenroy - will take apart merlo's young attack

BSU - a tight one

lets hope the sun keeps shinning

Damn RooBoy almost perfect. Pacco by 2 runs upset the clean sheet for you and the call on St Andrews - jesus - correct to the exact run? thats got to be one of the best calls I have seen - not one I would have made!

:)

RooBoy;296052 said:
St Marys - should be too strong for E/Cob

West Cob - to bowl out St Andrews very cheaply, under 120

St Francis - will win easily

Socials - each way bet here, but a 1st win for Socials

Glenroy - will take apart merlo's young attack

BSU - a tight one

lets hope the sun keeps shinning

Damn RooBoy almost perfect. Pacco by 2 runs upset the clean sheet for you and the call on St Andrews - jesus - correct to the exact run? thats got to be one of the best calls I have seen - not one I would have made!

:)

burrito;296908 said:
Merlynston Hadfield
def by Glenroy

well done woodsy

Merlo and Glenroy was a great game yesterday. It was played in the right manner and with the right attitude between 2 very young sides. In saying that, Woodsy's was a fantastic knock and kept the runs ticking over nicely until injuring his groin/quad. But Chisholm and Graeney in the middle order played GCC into a winning position and turned the game on it's head after they lost 4 wickets in first 17 overs.

To Merlo, they have a very young and inexperienced side. They looked well led and played accordingly. Young Trent Gleisner picked up the first 3 wickets early but it was Hayter who impressed me the most when bowling, he bowled alot better than his figures suggested. He hits the deck very hard and i can imagine him being a handful under the right circumstances. There is plenty of room for improvement in Merlo, and they have improved substantially already from the last round last year when GCC beat them by 9-10 wickets in a 2 day game. Keep up the good work Roger and Co. Your club is heading in the right direction.

Any thoughts Guys on strengths and weaknesses or West Coburg and St Andrews? What did both sides do right? and wrong? in their respective encounter yesterday.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all. Hopefully we'll get alot more cricket after Xmas.

burrito;296908 said:
Merlynston Hadfield
def by Glenroy

well done woodsy

Merlo and Glenroy was a great game yesterday. It was played in the right manner and with the right attitude between 2 very young sides. In saying that, Woodsy's was a fantastic knock and kept the runs ticking over nicely until injuring his groin/quad. But Chisholm and Graeney in the middle order played GCC into a winning position and turned the game on it's head after they lost 4 wickets in first 17 overs.

To Merlo, they have a very young and inexperienced side. They looked well led and played accordingly. Young Trent Gleisner picked up the first 3 wickets early but it was Hayter who impressed me the most when bowling, he bowled alot better than his figures suggested. He hits the deck very hard and i can imagine him being a handful under the right circumstances. There is plenty of room for improvement in Merlo, and they have improved substantially already from the last round last year when GCC beat them by 9-10 wickets in a 2 day game. Keep up the good work Roger and Co. Your club is heading in the right direction.

Any thoughts Guys on strengths and weaknesses or West Coburg and St Andrews? What did both sides do right? and wrong? in their respective encounter yesterday.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all. Hopefully we'll get alot more cricket after Xmas.

GeeCeeCee;297068 said:

It was a great game between 2 finals bound teams imo.
West Coburgs batting was solid without being spectacular, and Appleyard ripped through their top order taking 3 wickets in an over.
He showed what a class player he is.
From that point on we pretty much had control of the game but St Andrews showed they are tough, gritty and will be there come the business end and a two day game between these sides will be a ripper.
Very few teams could compete with these sides when they are both "on" as was the case yesterday.
Be careful letting Jolley squareleg though.....might wanna get those eyes checked buddy ;)

GeeCeeCee;297068 said:

It was a great game between 2 finals bound teams imo.
West Coburgs batting was solid without being spectacular, and Appleyard ripped through their top order taking 3 wickets in an over.
He showed what a class player he is.
From that point on we pretty much had control of the game but St Andrews showed they are tough, gritty and will be there come the business end and a two day game between these sides will be a ripper.
Very few teams could compete with these sides when they are both "on" as was the case yesterday.
Be careful letting Jolley squareleg though.....might wanna get those eyes checked buddy ;)

burrito;296908 said:
Merlynston Hadfield
def by Glenroy

well done woodsy

obviously Burrito my friend, you are speaking about my performances on the field putting the side under pressure because what sort of cc would I be if I didn't have complete faith in my side and club. I expect us to perform to our best every game and if that was the case we would be competitive with any side in the comp as we have shown. We were right in the game but all credit to Glenroy and their 2 middle order bats who basically took the game away from us and Warren who batted extremely well. We were in it up to our eyeballs but just wasn't our day, we will be a better side for the loss no doubtr about it.

Burrito you seem to be more concerned with my performance than I or my club do but you can waste your time each week giving me your not too insightful opinion:cool:

burrito;296908 said:
Merlynston Hadfield
def by Glenroy

well done woodsy

obviously Burrito my friend, you are speaking about my performances on the field putting the side under pressure because what sort of cc would I be if I didn't have complete faith in my side and club. I expect us to perform to our best every game and if that was the case we would be competitive with any side in the comp as we have shown. We were right in the game but all credit to Glenroy and their 2 middle order bats who basically took the game away from us and Warren who batted extremely well. We were in it up to our eyeballs but just wasn't our day, we will be a better side for the loss no doubtr about it.

Burrito you seem to be more concerned with my performance than I or my club do but you can waste your time each week giving me your not too insightful opinion:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back