mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Well since it is Xmas, The big fella Santa has given us (West Coburg) an early pressie by placing us on top of the ladder, and i must say it feels bloody great. To all the lads well done we have worked and played hard the 1st half of the season although we will have to make sure we come back with just as much hunger if not more!
I'm not going to pot teams as i feel the weather has played a massive role as well. May everyone have a well earned break and come back to the second half of the season looking to play great cricket and also hopefully some much better weather will greet us in the New Year.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year:)

Well since it is Xmas, The big fella Santa has given us (West Coburg) an early pressie by placing us on top of the ladder, and i must say it feels bloody great. To all the lads well done we have worked and played hard the 1st half of the season although we will have to make sure we come back with just as much hunger if not more!
I'm not going to pot teams as i feel the weather has played a massive role as well. May everyone have a well earned break and come back to the second half of the season looking to play great cricket and also hopefully some much better weather will greet us in the New Year.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year:)

essendon2000;297627 said:
i have known dave a very long time guys and i will tell you 1 thing he isnt a CHEAT please take note of that before you open your trap and get yourself into trouble
cheat is a very big word so think before you start mouthing off it my come back and bite you on the arse

Something i hear you dont mind doing a bit of!

essendon2000;297627 said:
i have known dave a very long time guys and i will tell you 1 thing he isnt a CHEAT please take note of that before you open your trap and get yourself into trouble
cheat is a very big word so think before you start mouthing off it my come back and bite you on the arse

Something i hear you dont mind doing a bit of!

RooBoy;297391 said:
some very interesting results over the weekend, and now with 7 teams all on 16 points, its going to be a big run home after xmas for a few clubs. mathematically any club can still make the four!!

we be interested on people's views on the best and worst (if you're game to name) player at each club you have seen this year.

i'll kick it off

Best

Babo - StFran
Parker - Glen
Newton - St And
Stevenson - Haig
Baravecchio - Pacco
Appleyard - West Cob
Paradisis - E Cob
Gleisner (Punky) - Merlo
Brown - St Ma
Clendenning - Socials
Yetismis - Sunhine
Summerfield - Barkly

Worst!! ( i wont say, but I am sure others will)

:rolleyes:

Here is my best for the year so far

St.F - Babo
Glenroy - Parker
St. A - Newton
Haig - Stevenson
Pascoe V - Preston
West C - Appleyard
East C - Paradisis
Merlo - Gleisner
St.M - Cacchione
Socials - O'Brian
Sunshine - Perera
Barkly St - McMahon

RooBoy;297391 said:
some very interesting results over the weekend, and now with 7 teams all on 16 points, its going to be a big run home after xmas for a few clubs. mathematically any club can still make the four!!

we be interested on people's views on the best and worst (if you're game to name) player at each club you have seen this year.

i'll kick it off

Best

Babo - StFran
Parker - Glen
Newton - St And
Stevenson - Haig
Baravecchio - Pacco
Appleyard - West Cob
Paradisis - E Cob
Gleisner (Punky) - Merlo
Brown - St Ma
Clendenning - Socials
Yetismis - Sunhine
Summerfield - Barkly

Worst!! ( i wont say, but I am sure others will)

:rolleyes:

St.F - Babo
Glenroy - Parker
St. A - Newton
Haig - Stevenson
Pascoe V - Preston
West C - Appleyard
East C - Paradisis
Merlo - Gleisner
St.M - Cacchione
Socials - O'Brian
Sunshine - Perera
Barkly St - McMahon

Hirdy05_;297624 said:
Bit harsh naming him as there worse player...oldest yes, but not the worst!!

he wasnt named as their worst, i named him as their BEST! he might be getting on, but still servicable with the ball and none of the batsmen are making many.....just my opinion anyway.

Hirdy05_;297624 said:
Bit harsh naming him as there worse player...oldest yes, but not the worst!!

he wasnt named as their worst, i named him as their BEST! he might be getting on, but still servicable with the ball and none of the batsmen are making many.....just my opinion anyway.

Rule #76;297996 said:

St.F - Babo
Glenroy - Parker
St. A - Newton
Haig - Stevenson
Pascoe V - Preston
West C - Appleyard
East C - Paradisis
Merlo - Gleisner
St.M - Cacchione
Socials - O'Brian
Sunshine - Perera
Barkly St - McMahon

And your WORST??????

Rule #76;297996 said:

St.F - Babo
Glenroy - Parker
St. A - Newton
Haig - Stevenson
Pascoe V - Preston
West C - Appleyard
East C - Paradisis
Merlo - Gleisner
St.M - Cacchione
Socials - O'Brian
Sunshine - Perera
Barkly St - McMahon

And your WORST??????

RooBoy;298045 said:
And your WORST??????

Ok, Here is my worst for the year so far

St.F - Rees
Glenroy - Schwarze
St. A - Hamilton
Haig - Antonetti
Pascoe V - J. McGowan
West C - Campbell
East C - Sciborras
Merlo - Hayter
St.M - B. Craddock
Socials - Fraser
Sunshine - Sandhu
Barkly St - Burke

RooBoy;298045 said:
And your WORST??????

St.F - Rees
Glenroy - Schwarze
St. A - Hamilton
Haig - Antonetti
Pascoe V - J. McGowan
West C - Campbell
East C - Sciborras
Merlo - Hayter
St.M - B. Craddock
Socials - Fraser
Sunshine - Sandhu
Barkly St - Burke

Rule #76;298154 said:

St.F - Rees
Glenroy - Schwarze
St. A - Hamilton
Haig - Antonetti
Pascoe V - J. McGowan
West C - Campbell
East C - Sciborras
Merlo - Hayter
St.M - B. Craddock
Socials - Fraser
Sunshine - Sandhu
Barkly St - Burke

I think boys this is a pretty harse topic, personally you highlight, 1. players you nothing about or their ability and secondly I would think your assessment is based solely on stats this year. With the washouts and alike so far this year it would seem these assessments are not only unwarranted but unfair.

This site is opinion and I applaud guys having plenty to say and it most part agree with the best, to have a worst list is disrespectful and wrong. That's just my opinion, so take it as that.

Rule #76;298154 said:

St.F - Rees
Glenroy - Schwarze
St. A - Hamilton
Haig - Antonetti
Pascoe V - J. McGowan
West C - Campbell
East C - Sciborras
Merlo - Hayter
St.M - B. Craddock
Socials - Fraser
Sunshine - Sandhu
Barkly St - Burke

I think boys this is a pretty harse topic, personally you highlight, 1. players you nothing about or their ability and secondly I would think your assessment is based solely on stats this year. With the washouts and alike so far this year it would seem these assessments are not only unwarranted but unfair.

This site is opinion and I applaud guys having plenty to say and it most part agree with the best, to have a worst list is disrespectful and wrong. That's just my opinion, so take it as that.

I think I have to agree with the above and say that unless you can actually back your lists up with a bit of reasoned thought, it's probably best to steer away from 'worst of'.

For the most part these people play for the love of the game and not for cash and as such don't really deserve to have people bagging them.

However, if you feel you have something constructive to say or some advice on how they can improve then please post it up.

I think I have to agree with the above and say that unless you can actually back your lists up with a bit of reasoned thought, it's probably best to steer away from 'worst of'.

For the most part these people play for the love of the game and not for cash and as such don't really deserve to have people bagging them.

However, if you feel you have something constructive to say or some advice on how they can improve then please post it up.

Having a worst list is a disgrace and I want nothing to do with any crap like that.
Noone besides captain/coaches get paid in this comp and its about blokes trying to play the best they can.
If this is what the forum will degenerate into it I want no part of it.

Having a worst list is a disgrace and I want nothing to do with any crap like that.
Noone besides captain/coaches get paid in this comp and its about blokes trying to play the best they can.
If this is what the forum will degenerate into it I want no part of it.

Guru14;297161 said:
obviously Burrito my friend, you are speaking about my performances on the field putting the side under pressure because what sort of cc would I be if I didn't have complete faith in my side and club. I expect us to perform to our best every game and if that was the case we would be competitive with any side in the comp as we have shown. We were right in the game but all credit to Glenroy and their 2 middle order bats who basically took the game away from us and Warren who batted extremely well. We were in it up to our eyeballs but just wasn't our day, we will be a better side for the loss no doubtr about it.

Burrito you seem to be more concerned with my performance than I or my club do but you can waste your time each week giving me your not too insightful opinion:cool:

i think its great that you have total faith in your team, the point i was trying to get across is as a captain coach shouldnt you be spending more time on cricket and less time on here pumping up yours and your teams tyres:confused:

Guru14;297161 said:
obviously Burrito my friend, you are speaking about my performances on the field putting the side under pressure because what sort of cc would I be if I didn't have complete faith in my side and club. I expect us to perform to our best every game and if that was the case we would be competitive with any side in the comp as we have shown. We were right in the game but all credit to Glenroy and their 2 middle order bats who basically took the game away from us and Warren who batted extremely well. We were in it up to our eyeballs but just wasn't our day, we will be a better side for the loss no doubtr about it.

Burrito you seem to be more concerned with my performance than I or my club do but you can waste your time each week giving me your not too insightful opinion:cool:

i think its great that you have total faith in your team, the point i was trying to get across is as a captain coach shouldnt you be spending more time on cricket and less time on here pumping up yours and your teams tyres:confused:

burrito;298173 said:

Just for the cheap seats Burrito, I would think I as captain coach have every right to speak constructively about the team I know the most about. My club are in the mix this year after a disappointing season last year and I feel we don't as yet get the respect we deserve. So whats wrong with pumping up my clubs tyres but I do take exception to the comment that I pump up my own!

There may be one post you were referring to but that was tongue in cheek as I knew there were a couple of guys who have worked out I was from Merlo. Anyway no need to explain to you just let me know when we play you and i'll come over and say hello or maybe I train with you on a Tuesday and Thursday. Who knows and who cares:D

burrito;298173 said:

Just for the cheap seats Burrito, I would think I as captain coach have every right to speak constructively about the team I know the most about. My club are in the mix this year after a disappointing season last year and I feel we don't as yet get the respect we deserve. So whats wrong with pumping up my clubs tyres but I do take exception to the comment that I pump up my own!

There may be one post you were referring to but that was tongue in cheek as I knew there were a couple of guys who have worked out I was from Merlo. Anyway no need to explain to you just let me know when we play you and i'll come over and say hello or maybe I train with you on a Tuesday and Thursday. Who knows and who cares:D

Ok guys, a change of topic. I know we haven't played much cricket but I'd like to know your thoughts on the state of the wickets you have played on so far around the comp.

Cole #1 - This was an absolute minefield the day our guys played there. Not much changed from the first ball to the last. Balls kicking off from a good length all day. Although from what I've heard that might have been a once off for that wicket.

Maribyrnong Reserve - Best looking track in the comp but played terribly. Very two paced and extremely difficult to score on. Needs a lot more water in it to give it some life.

Hallam Reserve - Might be a bit biased here but the track is playing as good as it ever has and the amount of runs scored on it so far will back me up.

There the only three tracks we've been on. Did here though that our B Grade boys weren't that impressed with the track down at JP Fawkner on the weekend.

Ok guys, a change of topic. I know we haven't played much cricket but I'd like to know your thoughts on the state of the wickets you have played on so far around the comp.

Cole #1 - This was an absolute minefield the day our guys played there. Not much changed from the first ball to the last. Balls kicking off from a good length all day. Although from what I've heard that might have been a once off for that wicket.

Maribyrnong Reserve - Best looking track in the comp but played terribly. Very two paced and extremely difficult to score on. Needs a lot more water in it to give it some life.

Hallam Reserve - Might be a bit biased here but the track is playing as good as it ever has and the amount of runs scored on it so far will back me up.

There the only three tracks we've been on. Did here though that our B Grade boys weren't that impressed with the track down at JP Fawkner on the weekend.

putabellintheball;297635 said:
Trigger happy is not the right call.

I would just say he got a couple wrong.

Happens.

Frustrating year for us with the unavailabilities, committments, weather etc.

Just looking forward to starting again next year and getting a settled side on the park.

We have shown glimpses but they are very few and far between.

I think the talk should turn to the STREAKER!

Browny got a good close look!

MMVCA - how close were you?

From the non strikers end - it looked mighty fine!

I wasnt close enough unfortunately. Although Kingys day didnt get any better when she ran out.

And as for your dismissal mate, you were beaten in flight, dip, spin etc etc!:D

putabellintheball;297635 said:
Trigger happy is not the right call.

I would just say he got a couple wrong.

Happens.

Frustrating year for us with the unavailabilities, committments, weather etc.

Just looking forward to starting again next year and getting a settled side on the park.

We have shown glimpses but they are very few and far between.

I think the talk should turn to the STREAKER!

Browny got a good close look!

MMVCA - how close were you?

From the non strikers end - it looked mighty fine!

I wasnt close enough unfortunately. Although Kingys day didnt get any better when she ran out.

frontfootnoball
Watch yourself or might find a stump heading your way short man....
keep having a go at umpires your heading in the right direction;).
stay seated behind your computer little girl

frontfootnoball
Watch yourself or might find a stump heading your way short man....
keep having a go at umpires your heading in the right direction;).
stay seated behind your computer little girl

mmvca;298271 said:

i think it fell into the etc etc *cough* etc etc part...

I can not say much as I was on my way....LMAO

good ball or *cough* etc etc ball - i was still f*cken out.

I still have not stopped kicking myself over that one.

You might just put me in the crazy home before the wife and kids do.....

Great to see bangers and mash make it down to watch the game.

:D

mmvca;298271 said:

i think it fell into the etc etc *cough* etc etc part...

I can not say much as I was on my way....LMAO

good ball or *cough* etc etc ball - i was still f*cken out.

I still have not stopped kicking myself over that one.

You might just put me in the crazy home before the wife and kids do.....

Great to see bangers and mash make it down to watch the game.

:D

Guru14;298167 said:

Completely agree here. not only do you not know that facts regarding a particular player - you dont know what job they have been asked to do by their captain.

Guru14;298167 said:

Completely agree here. not only do you not know that facts regarding a particular player - you dont know what job they have been asked to do by their captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back