Mohammad Asif Tests Positive for Drugs during IPL

Re: Mohammad Asif Tests Positive for Drugs during IPL

If the decision is up to the PCB then he might get away considering their past record.

even if he gets banned by the PCB, any appeals court procedure in pakistan would probably overrule the ban and reduce it. he needs to be banned by the ICC

This is where cricket lets itself down, big time. There may well be calls for it to be included in the Olympics, but it never will be, not until it falls in line with WADA and actually punishes drug cheats consistently.

And don't forget that he's a Pakistani player. If Shoaib Akhtar can come back from a 5 years ban to be selected for the champions trophy, why can't Mohammad Asif get away with this? He should be banned but the question is, will he be banned? Don't think so.

king_of_slaves;29175 said:
And don't forget that he's a Pakistani player. If Shoaib Akhtar can come back from a 5 years ban to be selected for the champions trophy, why can't Mohammad Asif get away with this? He should be banned but the question is, will he be banned? Don't think so.

Because Akhtar served his ban and once the ban is lifted you are free to play...

Oh wait... was Akhtar's ban reduced?

Akhtar was banned for 5 years by the PCB. He appealed against it and the ban was reduced to 18 months and later completely lifted, if I recall correctly.

How can someone be so stupid? If he's going to cheat repeatedly like this he probably doesn't value his career too much or he has confidence that he wont get banned come what may.
If he doesnt get banned I hope that other teams consider boycotting playing a team having him in their lineup.

I don't know why only us pakistanis are tested for drugs. I'm sure 100's more take drugs all around the world, the ICC is a bit biased only to test out Pakistanis and keep the spotlight on us. :mad:

I don't think they are targeting anyone. They test players randomly. At least, that's what they do for International tournaments. I don't know how the IPL conducted the drug testing but I'm sure it wasn't biased. Also, they test more than one player and from different teams so if 100's of players are taking drugs they would also get caught. Your argument is baseless.

Afridi_fan;29277 said:
I don't know why only us pakistanis are tested for drugs. I'm sure 100's more take drugs all around the world, the ICC is a bit biased only to test out Pakistanis and keep the spotlight on us. :mad:

Mate they drug test everyone, you just think they are targeting Pakistanis because they are the only ones reported on because they got caught...

It's not in the news when people get drug tested and it comes up negative but it is in the news when it comes up positive. Therefore you only hear about the players for a drug cheats. How do you know all the other countries aren't drug tested the same or more?

Also players who have already been caught taken illicit drugs get tested more often than people who have clean sheets.

You make me sick, Warne is more of the drug cheat than Asif, you just pick on him as his the Pakistani. Asif is a big threat to you so you have made him fail a test.

Makes me sick and you don't even have the balls to tour here.

I think you are quite ill informed. Warne took drugs and what happened? He got a ban. He didn't get let off because his board didn't want to suspend him. He took his ban, went away and came back stronger. And believe me mate, there is no conspiracy against Pakistani's, full stop.

Afridi_fan;29312 said:
You make me sick, Warne is more of the drug cheat than Asif, you just pick on him as his the Pakistani. Asif is a big threat to you so you have made him fail a test.

Makes me sick and you don't even have the balls to tour here.

Arofl. Warne got caught once. Asif got caught 3 times. And Warne is more of a drug cheat? Yeh, right o. We made him? I'm sure Australia didn't make him take the drug test, and I'm sure no one made him fail it. You just can't take that he is a serial drug cheat?

Hey, at least we value our lives.

God I hate people who think there's a conspiracy against them. First it was the Indians with the Aussie tour now what it's Pakistanis with the Asif thing? Talk about not being able to accept someone from your country is a proven drug cheat.

Are you serious? Where did you hear about this rubbish that people are conspiring against him?

You are all anti Pakistan cus you know we are the best. I bet all the other cricketers are on drugs and they set up Asif as they are jealous.

Face it Pakistan has been the best team for a long time, it's politics and other nations which keep this great country down. Australians and Indians are filth

Sorry, but you must have something seriously wrong upstairs if you think that people have something against Pakistan. And to be honest your not doing them any favours by making all these accusations with absolutly no evidence whatsoever. Pakistan have what it takes to be good, but they are keeping themselves down, not other people. There is too much infighting and politics for them to be a good side

Afridi_fan;29316 said:
You are all anti Pakistan cus you know we are the best. I bet all the other cricketers are on drugs and they set up Asif as they are jealous.

Face it Pakistan has been the best team for a long time, it's politics and other nations which keep this great country down. Australians and Indians are filth

Your comments are starting to make me laugh. Please, would you present any evidence to back your theory of others conspiring against Asif?

Pakistan has to blame itself for the turmoil its in. Also, you say Indians are filth just because I do not agree with your views? Are you ignoring the fact that BCCI has always helped and supported the PCB.

If you must know I am close to Asif cus his cousin is my very good friend. I talked to him about all this and I will take his word above all you people. Asif bhai feels that this is all a conspiracy to keep him down. He doesnt even know anything about drugs. Its very disappointing that a innocent man has to face all this crap
The results prove this. Why do the two samples have different readings? How can that be possible? I can smell a conspiracy. Someone obviously planted the samples. And who was behind this? Thats right the IPL which is headed by BCCI so dont get me started on Indians and BCCI. They are two faced

Now what is the recent development about Asif's case??
Is PCB supporting him??
Is it true there were reports of him being caught in Dubai with drugs and he said that they were medicine given by a Hakim.

He is a hugely talented player but his off field news are disturbing and we feel he should come clean as pakistan needs a blower like him especially after Shoiab Akhtar's rapport with PCB is on shaky grounds.

Back