MONEY SHIELD 23/24

Who will win Money Shield this season?

• Total voters
Tight at the point end - back us to remain at the top.

Plenty
Lower Eltham **
BU **
Greensy
BP **

Fate in the hands of BP to just win and make it.

Laurimar all but cooked from here, huge outcome for Eltham on the weekend.

Both went up a grade from last year if I'm not mistaken.
It's all OK to have quantity of numbers, but the quality is probably lacking a bit.
They are a relatively new club but, and will eventually be pretty strong . Being relegated/ promoted is all part of the process you go through with any new club. They'll be ok in the long run

Both went up a grade from last year if I'm not mistaken.
It's all OK to have quantity of numbers, but the quality is probably lacking a bit.
They are a relatively new club but, and will eventually be pretty strong . Being relegated/ promoted is all part of the process you go through with any new club. They'll be ok in the long run
Did have a big clear out at end of last year. Look at the team that won the flag in Mash 2 years ago, only 2 players are still actually at the club playing 1s. Of the remaining 9 players, only 1 still plays VETs for the club while all others have moved to another club.

Any reason Lower Eltham batted Hone & Bubis at 9 & 10 (if Play HQ reads accurate) ?
Not interested in a home final ?

Certainly doesn't help when you have your 3 tops run scorers and leading wicket taker out, says how valuable the outright over Laurimar was.

Laurimar look shot and is just about curtains on them.
Greensy to chase that
Us to beat Banyule, although underwhelming batting by us.
BP a chance with Rennie back in this week to chase that, match of the round right here.

How can one team play another team 3 times and other teams play each other once. Laurimar played Plenty 3 times.

Please get it right next year.

Banyule to surprise Plenty.

How can one team play another team 3 times and other teams play each other once. Laurimar played Plenty 3 times.

Please get it right next year.

Banyule to surprise Plenty.

Comical fixturing

Having said that - halfway through the penultimate round . . .
Laurimar only have 2 wins for the season and Plenty only have 2 losses

Head to Head - Laurimar 2 / Plenty 1 🤔

Certainly doesn't help when you have your 3 tops run scorers and leading wicket taker out, says how valuable the outright over Laurimar was.

Greensy to chase that
BP a chance with Rennie back in this week to chase that, match of the round right here.
Another great show by Mr. Braniff on the weekend. Kid can play. Great debut by another 18 Leo HN, who looked very comfortable at that level.

Greensy to chase that
3/5 average call by me.

Our batting again letting us down, truly limping into finals on form but like to hope we lock up today spot.

Plenty > Lalor
Borough > Laurimar
BU > Banyule
BP > Lower
Eltham > Mont genuine dead rubber.

Plenty
Lower
BU
BP

3/5 average call by me.

Our batting again letting us down, truly limping into finals on form but like to hope we lock up today spot.

Plenty > Lalor
Borough > Laurimar
BU > Banyule
BP > Lower

Plenty
Lower
BU
BP
Banyule to beat BU after knocking off Plenty and pushing BP right to the end over the past 2 rounds (the 2 best sides in my opinion).

Plenty
LE
BP
Greensy

To be fair, I think most would have tipped Lower Eltham to knock them over irrespective of where the game was played
That is a fair comment. But still at home and only at the time a 1 win difference.

I think we are set for a very exciting couple of finals here.

My tips are for Plenty and United to win.

United to win the grand final.

Thompson is in terrific form this year.

3/5 average call by me.

Plenty > Lalor
Borough > Laurimar
BU > Banyule
BP > Lower

Plenty
Lower
BU
BP
The BP miss is the one that had the asterisks. Like the chat from the B/S thread about key players.

Plenty - Charlie, Nama and Gordy
Lower - Bubis, Stanley and Whitcher
BU - JT and Barnett
Greensy - Berthet, Salva and Udara

The BP miss is the one that had the asterisks. Like the chat from the B/S thread about key players.

Plenty - Charlie, Nama and Gordy
Lower - Bubis, Stanley and Whitcher
BU - JT and Barnett
Greensy - Berthet, Salva and Udara
The fact Justin Whitcher is still running around is amazing. The fact he is still probably key to his side winning is incredible.

Back