mongoose mmi3

Re: mongoose mmi3

abhiscenter;406855 said:
I just received the bat and those Dumbasses sent me cor3 whereas I ordered mmi3 :-[,
Now I gotta wait another week to get the bat. Damn it.
Who did you order it from?

i watched a Pro 40 game between Surrey and Worcestershire yesterday on the TV, and one of the Worcs batsmen was using a Mongoose bat. its the first time ive really seen one used properly, and not just on highlights, so it was interesting to get a complete idea of the shots you can and cant play with one. ive got to say that i was really quite impressed!

the guy hit 104 runs off of 60 balls, including 8 fours and 6 sixes!! a few of the sixes looked absolutely effortless, but still found the stands at The Oval, so not a short boundary! the guy was playing some awesome shots, and quite a lot of conventional drives, it wasnt just about smashing huge reverse sweeps or slogs. it seems to work brilliantly for good proper cricket shots. obviously the cut and sweep become more difficult to time, its hard to play defensively, and if the ball is bouncing up then you may end up having to play across the line more often. but for aggressive innings it looks an excellent bat, and i have actually changed my opinions on it quite significantly having seen someone play a very solid innings against a decent bowling attack.

i was already considering adding a Funky Slug T20 to my bat collection for next season, purely for use in T20 games, or games where i am required to come in for a short period of time and just smash runs. now im torn between going for an in-between bat like the Funky, or going for a full on short blade like the Mongoose. il probably end up playing safe with the Funky Slug though.

Oh man these fools are testing my patience, they delayed my scheduled delivery date to one more week. Jeez.... but anyways it feels good to hear tht the bat is doing good for people. Jim, could u give me link for video highlights of tht game or a clip where mongoose Is used?
Thanks
A.V

it was on Sky Sports, but there arent any highlights on their website, so i doubt there are any online.

I seem to remember Matthew Hayden using one in the IPL, and they have lots of coverage on YouTube. I don't fancy using one myself though, mind you I did grow up listening to Boycott on Test Match Special...

Spiderlounge;407458 said:
I seem to remember Matthew Hayden using one in the IPL, and they have lots of coverage on YouTube. I don't fancy using one myself though, mind you I did grow up listening to Boycott on Test Match Special...

Hayden used one to hit 90 off not so many balls, the only time he's used it. YouTube has every single minute of the IPL plus highlights and special innings, bowling spells etc, so it's pretty easy to find him using it. Hayden doesn't exactly use a conventional technique so Jim has seen the best example of it yet in a proper game.

abhiscenter;407467 said:
How thick does the bat looks compared to regular bat?
The whole blade will be about the same thickness as the middle on your bat. It doesn't really taper at the toe or shoulders.

What's the difference between the Mongoose MMi3 Super Premium and the normal MMi3?

Except the weight range and stickers, I don't see any difference. And for that matter, what's the difference between the MMi3 Custom Pro and the MMi3 Series versions? The description of both is the same but there's a big price difference.

Wanted to buy a Mongoose soon but I'm confused which MMi3 to buy?

Teesra;407662 said:
What's the difference between the Mongoose MMi3 Super Premium and the normal MMi3?

The Super Premium is a limited edition bat, made to the same specs as the one Hayden uses. It should be top quality, hence the price.

The choice of Matthew Hayden, the MMi3 Super Premium is strictly limited to only 40 bats for sale. These bats are handcrafted in England to Matthew Hayden's specification from our Test players stock of willow.

Teesra;407662 said:
Except the weight range and stickers, I don't see any difference. And for that matter, what's the difference between the MMi3 Custom Pro and the MMi3 Series versions? The description of both is the same but there's a big price difference.

I would guess the difference is in the name. The custom will cost more as they will make it to your specifications - weight, pick up and so on. The mmi3 will just be a standard, off the peg bat. There may also be a slightly better quality of willow used in the custom.

Thanks for clarifying that Mas, i had the same doubts, I am still waiting till wednesday to receive my bat...... btw its the Mongoose standard MMI3 cuz i aint got no 300+ bux to spend on a "Custom" version if you know what I mean cuz its already expensive enough that i can buy couple good english willows with the price of one. This better turn out to be a good purchase :-|
A.V
P.S let me know if you guys want me to upload some videos of it such as unboxing and preparation or whatever you would like to see, about the bat that is.

MMi3 Super Premium LE - We made 50 bats for Matthew Hayden, he picked 10 and the others went up for sale numbered and signed.

MMI3 Custom Pro is G1.
MMi3 Custom is G2.
MMi3 Series is G3 EW in Snr or KW in Jnr.

evo;407724 said:
MMi3 Super Premium LE - We made 50 bats for Matthew Hayden, he picked 10 and the others went up for sale numbered and signed.

MMI3 Custom Pro is G1.
MMi3 Custom is G2.
MMi3 Series is G3 EW in Snr or KW in Jnr.

Mmi3 series bats come with grade 2, it says tht on their website I reckon.
AV

abhiscenter;407826 said:
Mmi3 series bats come with grade 2, it says tht on their website I reckon.
AV

To be honest their site is a little vague in places. It makes sense in what Evo is saying although I think the price hike is a little steep between grades though.

abhiscenter;407827 said:
Dreamcricket Pavilion - Browse By Brand

Check it out, thts where I bought the bat from.
AV
Series is definitely meant to be a G3 model. Although the grading is only done on looks, so may well find yourself with a better performing bat which just isn't as pretty.

Lou Vincent broke the Lashings 40 over record score (230* or something) with an MMi3 Series.

Back