mongoose mmi3

Looks like Mongoose released a new range for the Cor3 and the MMi3. Is it just me or do the new ones have edges that are a little bit bigger than the previous bats?

53527_447865251327_247737146327_5399345_7668655_o.jpg

More images here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=243723&id=247737146327

They've released batting gloves and pads as well but I wouldn't bother with those.

im getting an MMi3 for Xmas :D really looking forward to trying it out. im getting mine in 2lbs 6oz (the lightest weight they make). it should feel like swinging a tennis racket it will be so light, but because there is so much meat in the striking area im figuring that the increase in hand speed will far outweigh the reduction in mass. i reckon a 2lb 6oz mongoose is probably equivalent to something like a 2lb 12oz normal bat in the striking area anyway!

So Mongoose have offered Trescothick a £1m bonus to clear the Pavillion at Lords! Interesting to watch, especially as Mr T believes "...it is only a matter of time until someone else clears the Pavillion." After all, it's been [so far] 111 years since it was last achieved by Albert Trott whilst playing for the MMC. There's an irony in there somewhere ;).

Looking forward to seeing how he manages the bat.

just ordered my Mongoose MMi3 Series. ive gone for the lightest weight version at 2lb 6oz, which should feel ridiculously lightweight and im hoping il be able to swing it incredibly fast, and also have a lot of scope for changing shots late, etc. ive got a Slazenger V12 as a proper bat for playing normal cricket with. i want the Mongoose purely for situations where i come in with not a lot of time left in the game (which is generally my role) and look to smash runs fast. if i find that the Mongoose is actually better for my natural game as well then il probably upgrade to a 2011 Super Premium next season. i just want to try it out first though. i picked up a 2010 version for £120 delivered.

im playing indoor all winter and i reckon this should be immense for that. the only possible problem is that there tends to be added bounce indoors, but at the same time the no-ball lines mean everything is pitched up. so i can just take a big stride and drive everything straight :D

my bat arrived. its a beast! its sooo light, even just as a straight up bat. it tips the scales at 2lb 5.5oz. but its swinging weight is ridiculous, i can swing through with huge bat speed and control.

the quality of the willow isnt amazing, its only grade 3 after all, so its got plenty of blemishes. the quality of the shaping isnt amazing either, its not symmetrical on the toe and there are a few other small imperfections. there are also a few dents where the blade has been clamped during production.

but all in all you cant really complain for the money. ive oiled it already, going to knock it in all day tomorrow, then hopefully give it a go indoors on sunday and monday evening (which is basically like knocking in anyway, the ball is nowhere near cricket ball hardness). then il give it another oil on tuesday and then anti scuff face it before it gets used again (probably in nets against a proper cricket ball).

il post up my thoughts on it once ive given it a go. using it first time in a match situation probably isnt the greatest idea on earth, but ive got 3 indoor friendlies on sunday evening so its probably as good a time as ever.

my bat arrived. its a beast! its sooo light, even just as a straight up bat. it tips the scales at 2lb 5.5oz. but its swinging weight is ridiculous, i can swing through with huge bat speed and control.

the quality of the willow isnt amazing, its only grade 3 after all, so its got plenty of blemishes. the quality of the shaping isnt amazing either, its not symmetrical on the toe and there are a few other small imperfections. there are also a few dents where the blade has been clamped during production.

but all in all you cant really complain for the money. ive oiled it already, going to knock it in all day tomorrow, then hopefully give it a go indoors on sunday and monday evening (which is basically like knocking in anyway, the ball is nowhere near cricket ball hardness). then il give it another oil on tuesday and then anti scuff face it before it gets used again (probably in nets against a proper cricket ball).

il post up my thoughts on it once ive given it a go. using it first time in a match situation probably isnt the greatest idea on earth, but ive got 3 indoor friendlies on sunday evening so its probably as good a time as ever.

can you stick up some pictures of this beast Jim? have you had a chance to have a blast with it yet?

Really keen to hear what you think of that bat Jim. Have you had a chance to smash a few balls with it yet?

Congratulations dude, I had few blemishes on my bat but nothing to worry about. Make sure you dont over oil it whatsoever. 2 coats will be good enough i say. I a using mine and its just the most awesomest bat i have ever used.
Good luck!

If you guys want to see some videos of mongoose mmi3 in action, let me know.
Ill make some with me batting in the nets.
Cheers
A.V

i used mine indoors a couple of times. the problem with indoor cricket is that im lucky to last more than 2 or 3 deliveries because i bat down the order and we are usually losing badly by the time i come in (we are outclassed in our league), so i end up run out!!

the first match i used it in i think i hit about 3 or 4 shots with it. my technique isnt great at the moment (im in really poor touch, and never had great form in the first place lol), so ive not hit enough balls cleanly enough to really analyse the performance of it. but i did hit a couple of straight'ish pull shots with it and a sweep (which were rubbish shots indoors, but outside would have been solid), and the ball hit the wall harder and faster than ive ever seen anyone else manage inside. a LOT harder than with my normal bats. so its obvious that it generates massive power for the same effort, but its far too soon to judge it really.

hopefully we will organise a net session this month sometime, and then i can try it against the bowling machine and get a proper idea of what its like. indoor is a totally different game, and having such a powerful bat is actually a disadvantage i think, you cant poke the ball into gaps so easily unless you play with dead hands. and im bad at it in the first place! im back to using my Slazenger V12 indoors at the moment. although i might as well just use the Mongoose, i dont score any runs regardless of the bat in my hands!! id do equally as well without a bat i think haha.

Back