Most Beautiful International Cricket Ground In The World

I am calling Newlands in Cape Town and that ground in Dharmasala, India that was used for the England v India ODI series.

I'll go for the local grounds in the Basin Reserve and the Queenstown Events Centre but internationally, Newlands and the Bellerive Oval are very pretty.

15.jpg
Hard to say, Adelaide has always appeared a beautiful ground but i always remember the old Bourda Cricket Ground they used in Guyana before they built the world cup venue. I remember Clive Lloyd talking about climbing a tree to watch the cricket over the fence.

Adelaide oval gets my vote.

There is an amazingly beautiful ground in Melbourne called The Albert Ground:

fairbairn_pavilion.jpg

It used to be used for district cricket finals, but these days probably only gets the odd district match played there.

Eden Gardens became a test location in 1934 when Douglas Jardine led his team on to the pitch. Despite its somewhat chequered history, the one constant about the ground is the enthusiasm of the crowds it attracts. Riots disrupted matches against the West Indies (1966-67) and Australia (1969-70) and the World Cup semi-final against Sri Lanka (1996) was cancelled. However positive memories haunt the ground too, such as in March 2001 when VVS Laxman and Rahul Dravid staged an impressive come-from-behind victory against an Australian team poised for an unprecedented 17th straight Test win.

In Australia: WACA (Yeah I'm biased) ;)

The place is mostly an outdated concrete jungle but for some reason I still love going to the there to watch cricket, some great memories and the the pitch is awesome when at its best.

Back