Most Influential/Inspiring APS Performances

YanYan

Most Influential/Inspiring APS Performances

Anyone have any tales of influential/inspiring performances that set-up wins, saved matches, stuff of that sort?

Tons, Five-fors, freakish catches, I wanna hear about it.

Re: Most Influential/Inspiring APS Performances

Bettsa's 8-28 of 20something overs was pretty incredible. I am not sure if it saved the game but still AMAZING!!!

Timmsy's 6 fa against Caulfield in 02/03 was awesome.. Had them 8-35, had a fella called Sundberg caught at cover first ball of the game..

We (GGS) used to get smashed by them, so to run through them was awesome.

Prob 5 years after what you were asking, but it was pretty inspiring anyway.

Also beating Collage was great..

Do you fellas know if any score books have been put on line? Wouldn't mind having a look.. I played 2 years, 01/02, and 02/03.. Awesome times.

yeah definelty muttdon running five off the second last ball against caulfield last year to win scotch the game - unreal

Any tales of some inspiring centuries from batsman to pull their teams out of the shit?

YanYan;274550 said:
Any tales of some inspiring centuries from batsman to pull their teams out of the shit?

First game of last season against St Kevins. SKevs had MGS 2 for not many in the 5th over, defending 250. The big red firetruck, Charles Shaw comes to the crease. When he finally walks off the ground, he has 130 off 150 balls, MGS winning in the last over. Set the tone, and MGS didn't lose a game for the rest of season

YanYan;274550 said:
Kitchen last year 1st round made 113 of 90 balls to get college to an imposing 220
however the win wasnt executed with a quick start to Caulfield and good agressive batting

Myself in year 6 agaisnt Wesley, Jack Gunston was rostered off and playing Tennis and I was the only batting left.

We bowled first and off the 10 overs Wesley made a pretty intimidating 55 however they didn't know that I was coming to the crease at number 1.

An inspirational 25 retired sent us over the line with the final score for the Bloods 7/56.

The inspirational jubulant wicket-keeping from HC's own Brady Seccull with his sister in his thoughts pulled off an impressive 6 dismissal display in round 1. Even claimed a few of my straight-breakers.

Then he followed it up with the bat, schniking his way to a poorly made 29. It is good to see that the sides in the APS have got the better of the new wk of HC and brining his elevated ego back to earth. This diagnosis was evident after he claimed more stumpings than maxy wakefiled in the first game, its time that we tamed the boy from bangholme.

Wiz;286876 said:
The inspirational jubulant wicket-keeping from HC's own Brady Seccull with his sister in his thoughts pulled off an impressive 6 dismissal display in round 1. Even claimed a few of my straight-breakers.

Then he followed it up with the bat, schniking his way to a poorly made 29. It is good to see that the sides in the APS have got the better of the new wk of HC and brining his elevated ego back to earth. This diagnosis was evident after he claimed more stumpings than maxy wakefiled in the first game, its time that we tamed the boy from bangholme.

Seccull is a gun. You are just jealous Wiz

Viv;287729 said:
is he that good Seccull?

Decent keeper from what i've heard/seen of him. Good-looking bat as well, with a nice technique.

Tried out for U/16 Southern Rangers, unlucky to miss out.

Jarryd Williamson what can i say about the great man, first off all he batted with a broken arm against MGS to make a graceful 40. Not only that his presence on the field lifts you to a higher place as if he were a Michael Jordan.

Back