Mr Boycott's comments on Sehwag.

A

adityamookerjee

Mr Boycott's comments on Sehwag.

I take Mr Boycott's views seriously, especially on cricketing matters. Mr Boycott remarked on Sehwag, "He is talented, very talented, but he has no brains", or words to that effect. I have revealed, that I value Mr Boycott's views. In my humble opinion, Sehwag has a very shrewd cricketing brain. The same is said of Kallis, that he has no brains, or does not use his brains. In my view, Sehwag, must not be impulsive. When a batsman of his calibre, gets out to a perceived rash shot, it is due to impulse. The impulse, which gets him out, was the incorrect impulse, since, it gets a batsman like Sehwag dismissed. Hence, Sehwag, is dependent on his impulse, and he must not be impulsive.

Re: Mr Boycott's comments on Sehwag.

Kallis has a quality cricket brain. Why do you say otherwise?

Sehwag acts on impulse but those impulses can be supressed by his brain. I have always thought of him as a player that he just clueless at times with his choice of shots.

I'm not sure what you mean about Kallis but he seems to be one of the coolest cricketers going around. Rarely plays a rash shot at all.

Sehwag is a quality batsman and would probably be alot better if he got the mental side of his game into gear. I doubt he'll be able to improve on this now and it will probably end up just being an "if".

You could also take the view that if Sehwag limited his shot and scored at a slower strike rate that he would have still faced the same amount of balls in his career, yet, actually scored a lot less runs and just been remembered as a player who averaged high 20s - low 30s.

mayhem20202;233499 said:
You could also take the view that if Sehwag limited his shot and scored at a slower strike rate that he would have still faced the same amount of balls in his career, yet, actually scored a lot less runs and just been remembered as a player who averaged high 20s - low 30s.

Sehwag is and always will be the same player. To you and i, it is percieved as a rash "get out shot"...yet all he is doing is backing his ability and playing with the confidence that alot of batsmen lack. He could play a slashing coverdrive for instance and hit it for boundaries 6 times in 10 overs- then he does it 1 more time and he has "gone out to a rash shot". Whilst i dont belive he has what it takes to be a captain- i do believe every team needs a sehwag to put the other team right on the back foot and back himself from ball 1 with confidence. You dont win matches by defending everything.

Sehwag's test average is 52, and his strike rate is 77, and he opens the batting. These figures alone make extremely impressive reading. If you increased his average by the supposed 15 - 20 runs an innings that he "throws away" by getting out to silly shots, he would be the next best batsmen in history, behind Don Bradman. Surely, as he stands, he should be consider probably one of the greatest openers of all time, and not a guy with loads of talent and wasted his chances. I would consider Shahid Afridi, or someone along those lines in that bracket, but, surely with over 5000 test runs at an average over 52 and one of the top strike rates in world cricket among Test batsmen, he must be considered one of the greats.

mayhem20202;233663 said:
Sehwag's test average is 52, and his strike rate is 77, and he opens the batting. These figures alone make extremely impressive reading. If you increased his average by the supposed 15 - 20 runs an innings that he "throws away" by getting out to silly shots, he would be the next best batsmen in history, behind Don Bradman. Surely, as he stands, he should be consider probably one of the greatest openers of all time, and not a guy with loads of talent and wasted his chances. I would consider Shahid Afridi, or someone along those lines in that bracket, but, surely with over 5000 test runs at an average over 52 and one of the top strike rates in world cricket among Test batsmen, he must be considered one of the greats.

Why, when opening the batting in test matches does strike rate come into the equation?

Jolldo87;233779 said:
Why, when opening the batting in test matches does strike rate come into the equation?

He scores quickly, if he makes big scores in quick time, it gives them a good chance to win games of cricket. If he makes the same amount of runs in twice the time, it leaves them less chance to bowl out the oppostition twice, doesn't it?

Back