I am Confused I Have These Specs.
ntel Pentium 4 2.88 GHZ
Intel Mother Board
512 MB OF RAM
Intel Graphics Card
Samsung Combo Writer

Which I Should Use . Vista Or XP SP2?

Re: MS Vista Vs XP SP2

I'd reccomend XP as i doubt aero would run on your graphics card. Ive used both vista and xp and id only reccomend vista if you want aero.

It depends on what you use your PC for. If you want to play games then I'd recommend XP. You can run Vista without Aero on that configuration but a 1GB Ram is recommended for Vista.

Acrowaroz said:
You Are Right Abhinav. VISTA Hardly Supports Any Game

Thats wrong. The problem is not the support, problem is coordination between the driver maker and MS.

For e.g, MS recently released an update for Graphic issues, and it really boosted performance for my 8500GT. Moreover, Newer drivers have very good performance upgrades for win vista ( atleast for Nvidia ).

I think that within 6 months time, the performance for gaming would come down to level between Xp and vista, and if not level then atleast similar.

Btw, always remember to turn of Aero while your gaming.......

Aero automatically turns off when you run a full screen 3D application.

AB said:
Aero automatically turns off when you run a full screen 3D application.

It does, but it causes sometype of a strain still on gaming applications. I think its probably because some parts of it remain in the main memory for easy and quick switching back when the app. is turned off. I say that from experience because i have observed performance hits when aero is turned on, and not when its permanently turned off.

Moreover, turning of aero yourself at the start of a game leads to faster loading times.

i always have some or other trouble with vista so im using xp until a service pack is released and hardware problems are sorted.

Although, Vista does have many improvements over XP and a sleek interface. I'm not really keen on making the swich because the games run slower on it due to lack of good drivers.

Acrowaroz said:
I Have Buyed a new Laptop With Vista. Cricket 07 run very smoothly and easily.
Cricket 07 would be the least of my concerns. It will run easily on any half decent PC.

Back