Murali breaks Warne's record

mas cambios

Murali breaks Warne's record

Regardless whether you love him or hate him, think he chucks or was just born lucky, congrats to Murali who has finally broken Warne's record.

Murali dismissed Paul Collingwood during England's first innings in Kandy to take his 709th wicket.

Murali achieved the record in his 116th Test and on his home ground, which had been eagerly awaiting the historic moment over the first two days of the Test. After a difficult tour of Australia, where he managed four wickets in two matches, Murali closed in on the milestone with four wickets during the second day.

323474.jpg

It's the 3rd time he's held the record, which he'll surely hold on to now for the considerable future.

Re: Murali breaks Warne's record

no one can break the record now......i think he can take 1000 wickets easily if he keeps fitness....great record for murali.....he is the best bowler in the world.

You wouldn't of thought so, the only other guy with a sniff of breaking it is Kumble and he's at the end of his career pretty much.

Well I think it will be difficult to break for many years because Murali has taken so many wickets in so less matches. If he playes 150 matches then I think he will get at least 900 wickets. Congratulations to Murali. He always had a tough time with controversy but still keeps continuing.

what a great player. although it was inevitable its great that he has finally reached there. he has single handedly won sri lanka so many matches. he fully deserves the world record and i think he is going to take it out of reach for everyone else. i think if he playes another 30-40 tests then 1000 is possible. also the fact that he is their only main bowler gives him the most opportunity to take wickets.

All credit to him he's bounced back through tough times and plays the game how everyone should.If Sri Lanka didn't have him they wouldn't be half the side they are.

Have to say well done to Murali, one of the greats of the game and one of the top spinners of all time.

I wonder how many more he'll take. No one is going to get near him for at least 20 years and it'll take a superhuman effort just to match him.

Almost_Austwick said:
Will he get to a 1000? I think he can but he'll need to play on for another 3 maybe 4 years.

He's said he wants to play the 2011 World Cup in his back yard so i guess if he plays till then he will get 1,000.

He should get to 1000 and i dont think this record will be bettered in the next couple of centurys, he is something special and one of a kind. A nicer guy couldnt of got the record and i wish him goodluck getting to 1000 :D.

As Timed Out said, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy on the curcuit.

I'm so glad for him and what a beaut of a ball to get it, Collingwood was clueless, and he's one of the better players of spin!!

Simbazz said:
I'm so glad for him and what a beaut of a ball to get it, Collingwood was clueless, and he's one of the better players of spin!!

In Collingwood's defense, even Murali didn't know the ball would spin like that, he said so himself.

Great record for Murali and he fully deserves it for his extraordinary standard of off spin bowling. To even play professional cricket with a defect in the arm is one thing but to manage to exploit it to invent a new action which perfects the art of wrist based off spin is really something else.

He is devilishly accurate, spins it more than any other on any day and any pitch and has three fantastic variations, two of which were thought impossible when he was growing up.

Bravo Muralitharan! The best bowler I have ever seen bowl to date...

Congrats to Murali for reaching the landmark-which he truly deserves.
As a spinner myself :); i am happy to see three spinners in the top of the list :D

congratulations to him. he is the best bowler in the world. if he plays a few more years it will be one of the records that will last for decades.

Back