Muscles and bowling fast

Re: Muscles and bowling fast

manee said:
I just wanted to note that although your action may be aesthetically pleasing, it may not be as good as it seems. Even the more clever people may only look out for the momentum gained by an action but maybe not the equally important leverage of the action.

The people who think that you have a good fast bowling action may be the same people who believe that Daryll Tuffey has a good fast bowling action.

Can anyone explain this in proper english please no offence manee but i dont get what he means. Just to let you know my coach is Terry Alderman a former fast/medium pace bowler for Australia and part time with Paul Hibbert also a former test australian cricketer

100notout said:
Can anyone explain this in proper english please no offence manee but i dont get what he means. Just to let you know my coach is Terry Alderman a former fast/medium pace bowler for Australia and part time with Paul Hibbert also a former test australian cricketer

It's hard to explain. Can you find a copy of "the Fast Bowlers Bible" bu Ian Pont? That has a detailed breakdown of the action with pictures and tips.

I find famous coaches sh*t. Well maybe just Greg Yallop. That guy just tells you what's wrong and doesn't tell you how you can improve. Worst coach ever.

jonesy i kinda agree famous coaches are hard to understand at times but give it time and u can understand them and harrowdrive yes i can get the fast bowlers bible

100notout said:
I have to say, I like the way leggeb4 explains it earlier in this thread.

However, let's talk muscle mechanics. Essentially, bones and muscles work together as lever systems.

A lever system needs a rigid rod, a fulcrum or pivot point around which the rod can move and an applied force that brings about the movement. In the body, bones are the levers, joints are the fulcrum and muscles are the force.

A long lever can allow a large load to be moved with a relatively small effort, as long as the load is close to the fulcrum. This type of lever is said to operate at a 'mechanical advantage' and is often termed a 'power lever'.

Levers are classified in terms of the relationship between the components.

First-class levers have a load-fulcrum-effort relationship e.g. lifting your head off your chest.
Second-class levers have a fulcrum-load-effort relationship e.g. lifting your bodyweight through plantar flexion.

Both above are power levers.

Third-class levers have a load-effort-fulcrum relationship. This means they operate at a mechanical disadvantage; needing a lot of effort to move a small amount of weight. This means that the load lifted will not be great [little power] but it can be moved quickly and through a big range.

To recap, the speed and range of movement provided by third class lever systems are often needed in body movements, particularly in sports performance. Power levers (first- or second-class) are slower and more stable and are used where strength is needed.

OK, go back to leggeb4's ruler; your bowling arm, through to the non bowling arm's shoulder, should be as straight as the ruler. This produces an excellent third-class lever !

Bodyweight training is when you use your own body weight to train, i.e not using weights/fitness equipment.

For example:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQR4p9HSAmA"]YouTube - Bodyweight circuit training[/ame]

There is a bit more to it than that, but the video gives the general idea.

I have a decent action that gets me alot of pace for the muscles used, and I've been told my friend who plays for Hampshire to get in the gym , and I've just started the P90x program and I'm looking to getting my body burning.

Back