Music Preference before a game.

Simbazz

Music Preference before a game.

I thought this deserved its own thread. It could have gone anywhere :p

Myself, it depends on who we're playing, how im expected to play etc.

If i wanna chill myself out completely, one song which does it for me is Michael Buble - Home, its a soft song, catchy, and with both ears plugged its a sleeper, along with the rest of his songs.

If i need to be up for a good slog, i hate that word but its true, then you cant got wrong with a bit of Fall Out Boy or Foo Fighters, specially Learn to Fly, good song and gets me going, oh and a as a team, Rocky theme tune AND Kong Fu Fighting, that gets the boys going, plus we have our own songs after a win ;)

Seeing as we're on the subject, do you boys listen to music after an innings? I do usually, if i've gotten myself out and im ready to tear someones head off, i head into the shower cubicles (Without the water) with my ipod, and just think about it, and get away from the rabble. If i've played a good knock then ill usually change my kit, wire the old ipod up and sit on the front watching and usually get fussed by the family, or getting asked to give one of the waiting batsmen a going over with a few balls, but yeah, Music is my life and mix it with cricket, Perfection!

So, if people can give us an idea on,

• Music before a game, and how long before?
  • Music during a game, (Before batting)
  • Music during a game, (after batting/bowling)

We could break it down even further, i know i do, :p and a glimpse at my ipod will tell you my exact mood ;)

Re: Music Preference before a game.

Can't beat anything with a fast tempo, at least a 100 beats per minute.

i like rock and metal so they normally serve me well, cant say the others all agree though :laugh:

For rugby I find Linkin Park are good, especially Bleed It Out, gets you psyched up nicely :laugh:

I havn't listend to music before batting before but I do get very nervous so maybe I should try it. Learn to Fly is a nice relaxing one, might get the mind thinking in straight lines!! Thanks for the idea Simbazz.

I usually listen on the way to the game (50 minutes). I mostly listen to what takes my fancy, nothing to do with my mood. I'm usually chilled, or try to act it :p, before a match. Generally it either Powderfinger, Foo Fighters, Silverchair, The Clash, other Bands, like Men At Work, Cold Chisel or Hunters & Collectors. Also a bit of Bob (Bob Dylan) or The 12th Man if i want a laugh

all depends on my mood.... some games i will feel really pumped so the music suits that (mudvayne, disturbed etc) or if im calm then rnb or something like that does the trick...

u cant go wrong with anything hip hop or rnb

i usually only listen to it before the game when im getting dressed and packin my bag, and not before i go out to bat

cause i find that the beat gets stuck in my head and cant concentrate properly

Right on Ads, about the last line, not the first. Indie Rock, Alternative or Metal/Metalcore FTW

Gallows- Staring At The Rudebois. What a tune.
Buble- Home is a good tune to relax you before a game though, as Sim said.

Back