My Woodworm Hardrive

Re: My Woodworm Hardrive

Almost_Austwick said:
Trust me C123, most companies will offer you something regardless of the standard you play - you just have to take the time to write the letter.
As said I will try to post some pictures but I'm stupidly busy at the moment.

what would i write in the letter though : -\

and can you tell me what yo do with the snti scuff sheet as the bat gets smaller towards the bottom and how to cur the sheet to fit the toe. thanks :cool

The anti-scuff sheet doesnt "Curl," to fit over the toe ;)

Thats why i suggest a toe protector if you're a tapper like me. They're pretty useless but help with damps etc. which i could get due to the summers weather and my tapping.

when im tapping the bat i usually tap it on the side of my boot : - \ have you had experience of putting anti scuff sheets on ? could you explain it to me on msn ?

I'll make a thread on what to include in a letter to try and get sponsorship, keep an eye out for it.

As the scuff it's hard to explain but you need to keep the sheet straight all the way down the bat, then once you stick down the edges, you trim the excess off with a sharp blade.

I haven't got any scuff to hand here and won't have any for a while so hopefully a crude ps image will give you the idea.

Picture 1 shows how the scuff sheet should be lined up (red line is sheet). Try to get it as centred as possible (keep the backing on while doing this). Cut the sheet to the size you want - ideally, from the base of the sticker to the toe.

Lay the sheet on the face first, from sticker to toe, smoothing the sheet down from the middle to the edge.

As you get towards the toe of the you will get some overhang (see picture 2, side view), use a sharp blade (craft knife or Stanley blade - be careful and cut away from your body not towards) to trim the overhang, using the bat as a guide. Cut the overhang at the toe of the bat as well (although to get it to sit neat you may have to nick the corners of the scuff, think wrapping an xmas present and you have the idea).

That really is all there is to it, the hardest part is getting the sheet central on the bat but that comes with practice.

1.gif

2-1.gif

If in doubt practice with paper as this is cheap and allows you to make mistakes.

oo thanks for that aa :D im gonna put the sheet on on monday when it arrives in the post, ordered it yesteraday.

Nice post there (A A?). Seems quite straightforward to put those things on. I normally pay for someone to do it for me.

Charlie, post a picture of your bat when it's done, i'm interested in seeing it finished!

Back