Nairobi star lauds newcomers

Flawed Genius

Reporter X | 22.01.09

Star Nairobi Nuggets batsman Flawed Genius has paid the BCFCL's newest franchise, the Geelong Gators, the ultimate compliment, saying they are capable of taking out the 25/25 Competition, and shaking some of the more fancied teams in the One-Day & Test competitions starting later this year.

"Yeah, they look the goods, don't they?" replied Genius when asked earlier this evening at the two teams' 25/25 match at TOCA. "Very good. To be able to come into the competition and skittle our very good team for under 140, then chase it down is something that not every team can do - let alone a team that's been in the competition for two weeks."

When asked if Geelong had a chance of taking out the longer forms of the game, Mr. Genius answered with this: "They're a chance to take out the one-day trophy. Obviously, it too being a shorter version of the game, they have more of a chance - that, and the Nuggets are far too dominant in the Test side of things."

Generic Newspaper asked Mr. Genius who he thought the Gators players to watch were. "You've got a guy at the top of the order, Badger, who can make quick runs. Middle order batsmen to support him. And a very even bowling attack - 7 wickets shared between 5 bowlers. The ball that mdf30586 got me with was a beauty."

GN asked Mr. Genius for his parting thoughts, and he came up with this:
"Watch out for the Gators. They're a very good team that's developing fast and they're not scared of much."

Reporter X

Re: Nairobi star lauds newcomers

Flawed Genius;314683 said:
Reporter X | 22.01.09

Star Nairobi Nuggets batsman Flawed Genius has paid the BCFCL's newest franchise, the Geelong Gators, the ultimate compliment, saying they are capable of taking out the 25/25 Competition, and shaking some of the more fancied teams in the One-Day & Test competitions starting later this year.

"Yeah, they look the goods, don't they?" replied Genius when asked earlier this evening at the two teams' 25/25 match at TOCA. "Very good. To be able to come into the competition and skittle our very good team for under 140, then chase it down is something that not every team can do - let alone a team that's been in the competition for two weeks."

When asked if Geelong had a chance of taking out the longer forms of the game, Mr. Genius answered with this: "They're a chance to take out the one-day trophy. Obviously, it too being a shorter version of the game, they have more of a chance - that, and the Nuggets are far too dominant in the Test side of things."

Generic Newspaper asked Mr. Genius who he thought the Gators players to watch were. "You've got a guy at the top of the order, Badger, who can make quick runs. Middle order batsmen to support him. And a very even bowling attack - 7 wickets shared between 5 bowlers. The ball that mdf30586 got me with was a beauty."

GN asked Mr. Genius for his parting thoughts, and he came up with this:
"Watch out for the Gators. They're a very good team that's developing fast and they're not scared of much."

Reporter X
Quality article that:)

Jolldo87;314932 said:
Good article FG.

I agree with it as well, the Gators will be hard to beat.

We've got them in the next Round... Will certainly be very interesting.

Dirk Kuyt;315535 said:
We've got them in the next Round... Will certainly be very interesting.

The Magic need a win, the Gators are undefeated but perhaps due for a loss.

I'm looking forward to it.

Jolldo87;315568 said:
The Magic need a win, the Gators are undefeated but perhaps due for a loss.

I'm looking forward to it.

Random pitch ;)

2 pure bats, 1 keeper, 1 A/R and 7 bowlers

Back