Need advice on a new bat

Flawed Genius

Need advice on a new bat

G'day guys.

I've had my current bat for a few years, and as you can see by the pictures, it's well used. The thing is, and what you probably can't see in some of the photos - is that it's cracked just about everywhere. *edit, have added some more photos of the badly cracked areas.

Some of them are just surface cracks, but the ones down near the toe - slightly more serious.

As I said, I've had it for a while, and am looking to get a new one - and have pretty much decided to get a bat from a lesser known maker (ie, not Kookaburra, Gray Nicholls, Slazenger or Puma.)

Just some information - will be into my last year of juniors next year, and am currently playing 3rds (in Australia) - so a bat that will last me a while, as I will be moving into seniors.

If you are able to help in recommending a bat/some bats, it is greatly appreciated.

Re: Need advice on a new bat

Biggie;291342 said:
Why will you buy it from a lesser known brand FG?

I was discussing this with some mates, and the topic of lesser known vs bigger brands came up. I think it's mentioned somewhere on this site as well, but basically:

Bigger name brands just mass-produce bats and won't notice imperfections in the willow, or weak spots or whatever - and there's slightly more of a chance you'll get a dodgy bat.

Lesser known brands, such as Fisher, or Screaming Cat, are all custom made, so the maker sees those imperfections and there's less chance you'll get a dodgy bat.

That, and the last couple of bats I've had have been bigger brand names and I haven't been overly happy with them, so I suppose it can't hurt to try a smaller brand.

Re: Need advice on a new bat

Try Fisher on EBay mate, right now! He has his "Best" Bats going for $300.

Back