need help in batting

cricstar

need help in batting

does anyone have a tip on how not to get runout because....i usually am playing well in the games but then i end up getting runout...this has happened to me in the past couple of games...i have been runout at the start of the innings...and also how to get enough power to smack it to the boundary regularly...because we play on a baseball diamond...so only leg side and straight....and cant hit on behind the wicket or off-side....im a right handed

I also hesitate a lot when im fielding specially when im about to catch the ball....do you guys have any tips on how to concentrate to catch well

thanks a lot....

Re: need help in batting

A lot of what you're asking help for can be improved by practice, which probably isn't what you wanted to hear.

In terms of run outs, how are you being run out? By your partner or you taking tight singles? Remember the three simple calls of 'YES', 'NO' and 'WAIT'. Run the first single hard and remember to use the bat to gain extra reach.

You can practice running between the wickets by setting up small sided practice games (this has the added bonus of also allowing you to work on your fielding) and learning how to work the ball in gaps and rotating the strike.

As for power, well, it can depend on a lot of things but it mainly comes from timing. Also, being able to use the pace of the ball will help. I'll dig out some links for you to have a look at, when I get a chance.

With catching, just work on the basics. Get a nice base, hands together (fingers pointing slightly downwards) and keeping the head steady. Watch the ball all the way into your hands and give with the ball (bring your hand into your chest to help cushion it). The key is too keep you eye on the ball all the way, which is not always the easiest thing, but just get out there and practice it.

Get a friend to knock up high catches for and vice versa. Start off with a 'windball' or 'incrediball' type ball until you feel confident, then move on to a cricket ball. Once comfortable with this, move onto a tennis (you may wonder why I say this, but out of the three the tennis ball is the hardest to catch and will help to teach you to cushion the ball to stop it popping it out). You can mix it up so that you may have a cricket ball, tennis ball etc coming at you randomly.

thanks a lot mas.......

your spot on with the practice.... i dont practice as much because of tidy schedules and stuff

i also bowl a bit so....i wanted to ask...when im bowling i bowl lots of wides...minumium of two wides per over....can u tell me if there is a way to reduce that...thanks a lot man

is it because i wear glasses and that reduces my view.when im batting and bowling?

thanks mas

apprecitate it

Wides - could be a few things but more than likely just down to practice again. Try placing a target on the wicket in line with off stump. This will help you to have something to focus on.

Make sure your run up is straight and it helps if you think 'straight' when bowling (imagine your running on a train track etc). Get the bowling arm high and think tall, all of these things can help to get it down there on target.

We can get more technical with it all, but it's hard without a video etc.

Glasses shouldn't really make a massive difference, it mostly sounds like you just need to get out there more and play as much as you can.

well i usually have my mind on trying to not get the front foot no ball so then i loose concentration most of the times and i bowl wides....and then my teammates get mad at me for bowling wides....so i really need to stop bowling wides because the captain have started giving me 1 over in the whole ten overs of the innings.....i had started of with 3 this summer...be it has gotten worse in the last 3 weeks....because of my bowling form...it has started influencing my batting....

thanks...

I've been playing a bit of indoor cricket recently, and it is nearly impossible not to get run-out if you're going for one off every ball. What I've found helps, is if you trust your partner completely and assume the call is YES on every ball that is hit until you hear otherwise. But if a call of NO comes you have to act on it. It's still risky, but if you're a good judge of a run and your partner responds to your NO promptly you'll get away with some very close runs and hopefully get run out less. I wouldn't apply this in a longer format, as you will still get run out a lot, but if you only have 60 balls to play with it's worth a try.

Becoming the good judge of a run and learning to trust your partner are the hard bits, and that's where the small sided games mas was talking about are invaluable.

edladd;272357 said:
I've been playing a bit of indoor cricket recently, and it is nearly impossible not to get run-out if you're going for one off every ball. What I've found helps, is if you trust your partner completely and assume the call is YES on every ball that is hit until you hear otherwise. But if a call of NO comes you have to act on it. It's still risky, but if you're a good judge of a run and your partner responds to your NO promptly you'll get away with some very close runs and hopefully get run out less. I wouldn't apply this in a longer format, as you will still get run out a lot, but if you only have 60 balls to play with it's worth a try.

Becoming the good judge of a run and learning to trust your partner are the hard bits, and that's where the small sided games mas was talking about are invaluable.

Calling is very important in indoor cricket, the calls have to be early and loud otherwise there's a chance there'll be a mix up. It is quite easy to not get run out in indoor cricket, good shot placement (including the use of the "chop" shot) is also a must. If you're trying to get one off every ball, just defend the ball stright down the centre of the ball without too much power, you should be able to get one run every time.

The best thing is that calling and running between the wickets is very easy to practice and as such improve upon.

Look to create 'pressure' situations in training to help replicate what may occur during a match.

i have a game this weekend....so i'll see what happens

thanks for the help guys

hopefully your suggestions work out for me

Just remember that you may not see any improvement straight away. It's all done to practice - the more you can do, the more you should improve.

For helping on how to score boundaries just concentrate on the ball an try to time it like mas said.
It also helps if you build a little muscle to hit the ball. How much do u weigh and your age.
I had a question do the bowlers u play with bowl fast?(that also might be another reason u cant hit boundaries)

kirti123;272985 said:
For helping on how to score boundaries just concentrate on the ball an try to time it like mas said.
It also helps if you build a little muscle to hit the ball. How much do u weigh and your age.
I had a question do the bowlers u play with bowl fast?(that also might be another reason u cant hit boundaries)

a good peice of willow can help

Back