New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

gca_ipl;340746 said:
hmmm, not sure if Ando is too keen to play on the hard wickets just yet. Still has some scores to settle with the Swans next season after our season ended prematurely witrh rain this season. Also would not mind going back to back VB T20 cups on the G !!

Will you get a chance to defend your title, seeing you haven't made the grand finals of the season proper??

The SwingKing;341058 said:
[/B]

Will you get a chance to defend your title, seeing you haven't made the grand finals of the season proper??

well I think what they are doing is that next season a GCA T20 competition will be coming in, with the winner of that being the GCA representative for the T20 tournament the following season. So for next season would be hoping that we get the chance to again represent the region ?? Not sure, will see what happens.

gca_ipl;341096 said:
well I think what they are doing is that next season a GCA T20 competition will be coming in, with the winner of that being the GCA representative for the T20 tournament the following season. So for next season would be hoping that we get the chance to again represent the region ?? Not sure, will see what happens.

Thats a good idea

Justin Miller signed on as St Albans/Breakwater coach for next season this morning, pretty handy pick-up!

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;341453 said:
Justin Miller signed on as St Albans/Breakwater coach for next season this morning, pretty handy pick-up!

Fark me, yeah i guess he'll be slightly handy. 147 wickets @ 1.8 next year might just help a little bit you'd think.

Seems Brad Hogg knows his $hit!!

Second XI At Best;341464 said:
Fark me, yeah i guess he'll be slightly handy. 147 wickets @ 1.8 next year might just help a little bit you'd think.

Seems Brad Hogg knows his $hit!!

Wasn't a bad call by Hoggy he must be in the know.

He chose us over NDCC who also wanted him as coach.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes on a brand new turf deck at St Albans, could be dangerous:eek:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;341466 said:

Looking forward to seeing how he goes on a brand new turf deck at St Albans, could be dangerous:eek:

He will be more dangerous if you end up in division three and he's bowling on concrete against axe-men from the bush every second week.

a for effort;341467 said:
He will be more dangerous if you end up in division three and he's bowling on concrete against axe-men from the bush every second week.

Imagine him bowling at Meridith or Anakie/Aireys Inlet that would be painful:eek:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;341469 said:
Imagine him bowling at Meridith or Anakie/Aireys Inlet that would be painful:eek:

Millsy in GCA3 would be the biggest mismatch since the outgoing SABCC coach Jason Murray played a season for St Francis Xavier in Geelong Churches B Grade in the late 1990's. I remember in the first game of that season, their keeper (who obviously hadn't seen him bowl - this is Churches, remember) stood in the usual position that you would for a B Grade bowler for the first ball, then moved back with sore hands about 10 metres for the next ball for obvious reasons!

I imagine Millsy will also provide excellent off-field value as well. I assume he's still a party animal.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;341466 said:

Interesting to know why. Is it true there is a get out clause if you do end up in Div 3 cuz??????

Milsy is a fantastic bloke and will be a very handy addition to St.Albans. Id say there will be a few blokes that could possibly be drawn to the club with him there.
But you no what the rest of cricket people in geelong are going to say. How much is St.Albans paying these guys. C.Jones,J.Murry and now Milsy. Be prepared for it. Weve been there done that and you will never hear the end of it.
You are also correct NDCC did want Milsy to Captain Coach, but thats life and we move on, Good Luck to him and St.Albans.

The Truth 18;341475 said:
Milsy is a fantastic bloke and will be a very handy addition to St.Albans. Id say there will be a few blokes that could possibly be drawn to the club with him there.
But you no what the rest of cricket people in geelong are going to say. How much is St.Albans paying these guys. C.Jones,J.Murry and now Milsy. Be prepared for it. Weve been there done that and you will never hear the end of it.
You are also correct NDCC did want Milsy to Captain Coach, but thats life and we move on, Good Luck to him and St.Albans.

Very true little fella Good luck to him and his new club. . . .:D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;341453 said:

So i hear there is one big signing to come at St.Albans. Can u shed any light i refer to D.Koliba???????

The Truth 18;341483 said:
So i hear there is one big signing to come at St.Albans. Can u shed any light i refer to D.Koliba???????

d.k going to sth barwon

Jurassic Park;341478 said:
Very true little fella Good luck to him and his new club. . . .:D

little fella? is it the truth18 that spud is going to coach drysdale;)

gca_ipl;341514 said:
that sounds alright, at least we will then have a left hander who can bat !!

lol i think u would already know mate . Good pick up for u guys

know all;341512 said:
little fella? is it the truth18 that spud is going to coach drysdale;)

Could have been the case as he had land down there. It has since been sold so that would be no, he wont be hahaha.

Back