New Zealand in Australia

Re: New Zealand in Australia

If Australia can add another 60 or 70 runs it would almost put the game out of reach. Ideally, if they could get the lead past 300 I couldn't see New Zealand chasing that, their tail is worse than I thought it would be and their top order didn't do a lot bar a few small contributions.

Prtety good game though, haven't had one of these on Australian soil for a while.

I prefer this sort of game then one on a lifeless road where bat totally dominates the ball.

Still wtfing Pontings choice of shot tbh.

eddiesmith;284493 said:
Just seeing Johnson bowling to Martin, is he an idiot or cant he bowl a yorker?

He could have bowled two types of ball, the one he bowled or a yorker. He probably should have got him though, Martin is a genuine number 11. Averages something like 2.5 with the bat.

Biggie;284512 said:
2.3 I feel.

Not even a edge through slips that. :eek:

2.38 in tests, 74 runs and 30 not outs.

Averages 1.60 in one-dayers, total of eight runs.

Ljp86;284509 said:
He could have bowled two types of ball, the one he bowled or a yorker. He probably should have got him though, Martin is a genuine number 11. Averages something like 2.5 with the bat.
The funniest thing was the next ball he bowled the exact same ball and Martin played it the same way

Australia were bowled out for 268, Katich carried his bat, making 131 not out. The tail provided excellent support, Johnson scored 31 and Clark 18 from only 12 balls.

Chris Martin finished with three wickets, Vettori and O'Brien got two each.

In reply, NZ are 3/45, chasing a target of 327. Jamie How was out in the first over to Brett Lee, Aaron Redmond hit a return catch to Stuart Clark and Mitch Johnson just Jesse Ryder LBW about five minutes ago.

A lot of work to do for the Kiwis if they want to win the game, much of it will come down to the two at the crease currently, Taylor and McCullum.

McCullum out to a borderline LBW decision for three. Stuart Clark has two wickets now and is looking really good with the ball.

4/49, Taylor on 7. Daniel Flynn is the new batsman.

New Zealand are 6/143 at stumps. Daniel Flynn and Ross Taylor combined for a great partnership of 84 before Mitch Johnson induced a drive from Flynn who played onto his off stump. And last ball of the day, Grant Elliott left a delivery from Clark who cut back off the pitch and took the top of off stump with Elliott departing for a duck.

So, Australia in control, New Zealand still need another 184 runs to win with two days remaining. Ross Taylor is still there on 67 and would appear to be their final hope of winning the game.

Day Four should see us come up with a result.

great day from australia

shame channel 9 decided to miss the last two wickets...

rogers for hayden next match? (100 off 121 balls at the WACA right now for victoria) agree that watson will miss out

solar;284741 said:
rogers for hayden next match? (100 off 121 balls at the WACA right now for victoria) agree that watson will miss out

Not this test, but it is coming soon.

Maybe even when SAf tour.

I hope he calls it quits soon, I rather remember his great efforts than this latest output.

I feel the South Africans might be a bit too strong for us, should prove to be a cracker of a series though.

Back