New Zealand Tour Of Uae

You've got to be worried when NZ say the pitch is low and slow!

In saying that Pakistan win in the UAE because they keep their discipline with bat and ball, the pitch hasn't really played any tricks to aid them during their wins there. Hopefully NZ can show the same levels of concentration.

I don't understand why foreign spinners come to the subcontinent and can't take wickets. I know the subcontinent teams play spin well but none of the spinners such as Lyon and O'Keefe recently seem to know how to bowl on cork-screw turners! Flight it up, rip it hard and vary your pace. It's not rocket science. It's not as if Yasir Shah and Zulfiqur Babar are experienced at the international level. They are newbies.

Problem with Lyon and O'Keefe is whilst they aren't pie chuckers they are pretty average bowlers, and fairly defensive with no real tricks up their sleeve.

Oh and watch the Pakistani spinners make the pitch look like a minefield when the kiwi batman get out there this arvo ;)

I don't understand why foreign spinners come to the subcontinent and can't take wickets. I know the subcontinent teams play spin well but none of the spinners such as Lyon and O'Keefe recently seem to know how to bowl on cork-screw turners! Flight it up, rip it hard and vary your pace. It's not rocket science. It's not as if Yasir Shah and Zulfiqur Babar are experienced at the international level. They are newbies.
Babar isn't really a newbie, more a seasoned FC player.

My only observation is that on dusty, slow tracks you're better off bowling 'undercut' spinners rather than the overspin style that works well in Aus. Just like how the 'undercutting' Asian bowlers that visit Aus and get out bowled by the likes of Lyon etc.

Flat pitches making cricket Boring again. Whatever happened to giving the bowlers something early and making the batters work through to then real the benefits.
Luckily I can't watch this series. Looks like to me that the tosses are winning matches again

And now NZ really battling at 3 for 53. Williamson's dismissal was little unlucky.

ohh and that was very close to 4 down..

Back