NMCA 2019/2020

id be spewing if i was socials with all the money they have spent, come finals they get done.. My prediction is on Keon Park..
In saying that 5 rounds to go.. Anything can happen

what money. looking at that b grade grand final team they've since lost Sharma, courts, eyre and the wick. all of who were on eye popping coin when they won (pathetically bought) that flag. a quick at past records on mycricket shows there replacements are largely honest toilers, home grown players or Indians who walked in off the street. theyd be lucky to be scraping past a third of what the total player payments were that year. the big sponsorship money dried up when clohesy walked out anway

what money. looking at that b grade grand final team they've since lost Sharma, courts, eyre and the wick. all of who were on eye popping coin when they won (pathetically bought) that flag. a quick at past records on mycricket shows there replacements are largely honest toilers, home grown players or Indians who walked in off the street. theyd be lucky to be scraping past a third of what the total player payments were that year. the big sponsorship money dried up when clohesy walked out anway

I’m sure u mean Sri Lankan’s brought in from overseas instead of Indians walked in off the street

mate courts, ayre, sharma and the wick have been gone for years.. they played in a granny last year and got humiliated.
they spent the $$$$ this year and ill give credit where credit is due have done real well, but take a few out that team who didnt come for nothing, they are nothing.
They were next in line to go up and yes they took the easy option out. Credit to Cameron for standing up to fill the void that socials should have filled

Being a casual reader of these boards for many a year, I often wonder why there is such intrigue around our boys at Ruthven Reserve. At various points it has been declared that we are

-Under investigation from the ATO
-Paying more money than even Rosebank
-Imminently folding
-Taking over Olympic Colts
-Having a racism issue (Never mind our rates of indigenous participation)
-Tearing itself apart constantly
- Subsisting solely on Sri Lankans coming from overseas every year, while one of these Sri Lankans now lives here and plays as a local, while one of the other two has now been a fixture in the side for 5 years consistently denying bigger offers from other sides. If he were a white import from another comp this would be considered great clubmanship
- Yet apparently we have a racism issue
- Also learnt another poster thinks the name Singh is now a Sri Lankan name not a Sikh name

Anyway I'll keep lurking, you keep amusing. Cheers. Go socials.

Last edited:
Being a casual reader of these boards for many a year, I often wonder why there is such intrigue around our boys at Ruthven Reserve. At various points it has been declared that we are

-Under investigation from the ATO
-Paying more money than even Rosebank
-Imminently folding
-Taking over Olympic Colts
-Having a racism issue (Never mind our rates of indigenous participation)
-Tearing itself apart constantly
- Subsisting solely on Sri Lankans coming from overseas every year, while one of these Sri Lankans now lives here and plays on incentives, while one of the other two has now been a fixture in the side for 5 years consistently denying bigger offers from other sides. If he were a white import from another comp this would be considered great clubmanship
- Yet apparently we have a racism issue
- Also learnt another poster thinks the name Singh is now a Sri Lankan name not a Sikh name

Anyway I'll keep lurking, you keep amusing. Cheers. Go socials.

What's the reasoning behind delicining the invite to compete in jika shield

What's the reasoning behind delicining the invite to compete in jika shield

Any observer would agree we were not ready at the point of last season. We still only went 7/7 thereabouts despite doing well in finals. Great for development of our team as a unit and for individual players which I'd say is bearing fruit now and hopefully will in future in A grade. I'm speaking as a supporter here btw, don't take is as gospel from the club.

We’ve got a very young team who it was collectively decided would benefit from another season together at this level to build for a sustained crack at a higher level.

I’ll add that the club is going gangbusters off field due to some hard work from a talented committee hopefully laying the ground work for what we’re really here for, future sustained success on field.

I’ll add that the club is going gangbusters off field due to some hard work from a talented committee hopefully laying the ground work for what we’re really here for, future sustained success on field.

Can’t knock you blokes for the success your are currently having. Always good to see clubs doing well & having good wins. But also not taking away the fact that paying good $$$$ for players is helping the issue aswell.

good fortune the gentlemen at ruthven. they trying there best to improve the club. what about the money taipans are paying??? phew alot of rupees being handed over and the club struggling with personel walk out.
Definitaly Social & Keon pk to play off. toss of a coin on who wins but i predicting socials... only just. cheerio.

Can’t knock you blokes for the success your are currently having. Always good to see clubs doing well & having good wins. But also not taking away the fact that paying good $$$$ for players is helping the issue aswell.

The approach of previous administrations of club was definitely chequebook recruiting before all else and that got us nowhere against the REAL money clubs of the comp. Again can’t blame these committees to a degree, without a proper points system, the comp is an arms race against the likes of moneybank poaching any good youngsters or recruits.

Have to disagree $$$ is behind how we’re going right now. We’re paying ************ all. We’ve got a good, talented committee who’ve identified undervalued players from nearby comps who are willing to bring mates with them who can also play. Good young players who can grow as a group with the already present home grown crew. Getting in administrators with good networking skills can really help. I will say we are raising more coin than previously but it’s being put towards building a sustainable future. Really proud of our off field position.

Credit to Cameron for standing up to fill the void that socials should have filled

Cameron were always the logical choice. Yes they choked in finals but they had a far superior 2018/19 season compared to socials.

Cameron 12 wins, 2 wins ahead of the third placed team.

Socials 7 wins, scraping in to finals on percentage. Of those 7, 4 of them came against the bottom 2 teams in West Ivanhoe and Dennis.

socials got lucky in the final against Donath and Cameron had their worst day of the season in the prelim. Then got rightfully smashed in the grand final.

the league absolutely kidding themselves offering Socials the first offer ahead of Cameron to go up. And Socials made the right choice to stay down and build something. They lost their opening bowler for the season through injury and brought in 1 player.

they would grow even stronger in Quick next season if they don’t take it out. building nicely as a club

The approach of previous administrations of club was definitely chequebook recruiting before all else and that got us nowhere against the REAL money clubs of the comp. Again can’t blame these committees to a degree, without a proper points system, the comp is an arms race against the likes of moneybank poaching any good youngsters or recruits.

Have to disagree $$$ is behind how we’re going right now. We’re paying ************ all. We’ve got a good, talented committee who’ve identified undervalued players from nearby comps who are willing to bring mates with them who can also play. Good young players who can grow as a group with the already present home grown crew. Getting in administrators with good networking skills can really help. I will say we are raising more coin than previously but it’s being put towards building a sustainable future. Really proud of our off field position.

If that’s the story then should be proud as a club.

We are proud as a club and the direction we are moving in.

Yes, Arthur was and is a great bloke and clubman, like many others is always welcome back for a beer. Not too many blokes who have taken 2 9 fas as well

Last edited:
Socials look to be having a very good season but I’m hearing at least 7 players are on a fair wage, absolutely ridiculous for B grade cricket

Cameron were always the logical choice. Yes they choked in finals but they had a far superior 2018/19 season compared to socials.

Cameron 12 wins, 2 wins ahead of the third placed team.

Socials 7 wins, scraping in to finals on percentage. Of those 7, 4 of them came against the bottom 2 teams in West Ivanhoe and Dennis.

socials got lucky in the final against Donath and Cameron had their worst day of the season in the prelim. Then got rightfully smashed in the grand final.

the league absolutely kidding themselves offering Socials the first offer ahead of Cameron to go up. And Socials made the right choice to stay down and build something. They lost their opening bowler for the season through injury and brought in 1 player.

they would grow even stronger in Quick next season if they don’t take it out. building nicely as a club
unfortunately thats the way it is. first choice to the runner up. weather that be right or wrong, it is what it is..

Back